139

Hello everyone! <3

I wish you all a good start into the year 2023!

Let's just hope that it'll turn out better than 2022, okay? It kinda sucked ngl

Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter, of course!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

"Now, on to her..." trailed Sonju off, looking at the queen. His expression showed clear disgust as he added: "So you've finally turned into a monster, both inside and out." With a light sigh, he addressed his friends, saying: "Emma, Ray, (Y/N), it won't work. Negotiating peace with her is... impossible."

Looking at the bloodstains on the ground, Mujika turned to face Emma, asking: "The regent houses are all dead, huh?" The orange haired girl nodded, answering: "We didn't make it in time."

"I didn't think I would see you, Sonju. So you're aiding the humans... I wonder what the circumstances are this time." spoke the queen, her voice holding more presence than before. The many mouths on her otherwise empty face moved at the same time.

She continued: "Well, whatever. In one single day I get to settle dealing with the cursed blood and recapturing the escapees. What a lucky day." "Yeah, it is. We've come to settle things with you, too." said Sonju, glancing back at his human friends, just to make sure he could reach them in time should the queen decide to attack now.

In her calm, rather quiet voice, Mujika spoke up. "Let's end this." She had lived through 700 years. And most of them were lived in pain and knowing that she could do nothing about the dangers her fellow Demon's had to endure because of a lack of food.

Taking a fighting stance, Sonju readied his spear, saying: "I'm going to kill you right here, right now, queen." "Kill? You? Kill me?" asked the queen, her voice getting slightly higher. Then, she began laughing, readying her sharp claws to fight.

"You really are foolish, my little brother." she said, greatly surprising the four human children present. "What? Little... brother?" asked Emma, looking at her friends to make sure she had heard that right. Norman only nodded, quietly asking: "How can she possibly fight her own younger sibling...?"

Chuckling, the queen said: "The baby brother really is the most foolish. You're saying you'll kill me? Ever since you were born, you were taken prisoner by that ancient faith and rebelled against the royal family. The traitor who took the cursed blood and escaped."

Gritting his teeth, Sonju said: "The only traitors were you people! All I was doing was protecting the order of things. That damned 'promise' corrupted everything. Me taking the 'cursed blood' was so I could stop you from monopolizing it. You really do make me sick."

"Fine. Nothing you do will be able to concern me though." she said, ready to strike at any given moment. "Emma, (Y/N), Ray, Norman. Without delay, you should take that boy and step back a bit." said Sonju, motioning towards Zazie, who was still on the ground.

(Y/N) nodded, saying: "Understood." before helping Emma and Norman to lift Zazie up. While they were moving him away, Ray asked: "What's going on, Mujika? Just what is that queen...?" The female Demon released a sigh, then answered him.

"Queen Reglavalima has two cores. The first core was the one that was broken just before. The second core is the resurrected one." she said, much to the other's horror. "She what?! She has two?!" asked (Y/N), approaching the two of them with quick steps.

"Please tell me you're lying. Two cores... I did suspect something like this, but hearing it is..." she trailed off, sighing heavily as she stopped next to Ray, slipping her hand into his, holding onto him as if her life depended on it.

Nodding, Mujika said: "It's a secret hereditary trait that was passed down by the royal family, from the founding king to the next generation, and so on. I don't know much else about it, but for such a child to be born into the royal family is extremely rare..."

"Then... What about Sonju?" asked (Y/N), looking over at the tall Demon. Mujika shook her head, replying: "Sonju shouldn't possess that trait. The same as other Demons. The only child of the previous kind to have two cores is Reglavalima."

Tilting her head ever so slightly, (Y/N) asked: "Wait, so there's more? Not just the queen and Sonju?" Before Mujika could answer, however, Reglavalima and Sonju had started their fight, both of them moving at inhuman speeds.

Ray was quick to react, running to the other two while dragging his fiancee with him. "Don't you worry. I'll give it back." said the queen, holding Sonju's weapon in her hands. She then threw it, effortlessly cutting his right arm clean off.

"Sonju!" called Ray out, not sure if he should try to assist him in this fight. But then again, this is the queen we're talking about. She's insanely strong. What could they possibly do to help? There was nothing, was there?

No, that would be a lie. There was something they had that the queen didn't. The one who managed to plot against Archduke Leuvis and come out as the winner. The one who managed to defeat the current William Minerva in his own games.

Looking over at her, Ray stopped himself from saying anything, noticing that her hand was resting on her hip, where the special gun she got in the shelter was resting. She already planned to interfere, didn't she?

"It is certainly true that my core is currently in my stomach. But so what? You knowing that information doesn't change anything. You can't do anything. You will be the end of the royal family. You can join the others. How exhilarating. This is power! Absolute, overwhelming power!" said the queen, gaining his attention.

While laughing, she said: "You'll never understand, Sonju. With such an amazing gift, I can't help but laugh! It's not that I revived. I was reborn! I'm overflowing with power. Chills are running through my entire body. Be it memories, strength, or anything else. I can draw out every single bit of what I ear. You just don't get it. I've reached the highest state of being. This is what it means to be someone chosen by the world-"

The queen's speech was cut off by the sound of a gun being fired. A blinding was what followed the shot, and Sonju took his chance to attack. The chance that (Y/N) had managed to create. The queen was blinded, and caught off guard. She had no time to react, and Sonju sure didn't give her any.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://aminoapps.com/c/thepromisedneverlandamino/page/blog/fanart-compilation/vdYa_BnnsnuwREg0mxvnE40QnqG1mRGanBl