16

Thank you all so much for 1k views!

After just 15 chapters, geez...

Well, thank you again and enjoy the chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ray Pov:

As soon as I was sure that (Y/N) left, I said: "Trick Emma." Norman was shocked. I continued: "You need to pretend we're taking everyone, but at the last moment, ditch them. Even if we take others, it'll only be Don and Gilda." "So you're telling me to give up on escaping with everyone?" he asked. I answered: "Yeah." "The training is helping everyone grow more than we expected. You even said their movement isn't bad. You meant that, right? Then we can all-" I cut him off:" It still doesn't change the fact that they're a burden." It was silent for a bit. Norman broke the silence by saying: "You said you were going to help us." "And this is how I'm helping. Otherwise, you and Emma can die here." "I thought you didn't want us to get killed." "If you're just going to get killed as soon as we escape, it'd be better to get shipped out. So? Will you accept my condition?" He thought for a bit before sighing, saying: "Fine." He got down from the drawer, asking: "What's the second condition?" I hesitated. I'm going to give myself away with this, but... It's for her. I answered: "No matter what happens, you will guarantee (Y/N)'s safety. If we escape, she'll be our top priority. Even if it means that we have to sacrifice others." His eyes widened a little. "Ray. I already told you that I have another ace up my sleeve. One even you might not beat." he said, closing his eyes. I stared at him as he said: "You'd figure it out eventually, so I'll tell you. The other ace I have, the one that's equal as you... Is (Y/N)." My eyes widened slightly. "How?" I asked, keeping my calm. He smirked a little, answering: "You haven't noticed? When we were younger and you wouldn't agree with anything I said, (Y/N) was the only one able to change your mind so you would agree. I've kept my eyes on the two of you for quite some time now, even if it wasn't intended. I know something about you that no one, not even (Y/N) knows about." "Really? And what's that?" I asked, not believing him, yet curious. He took his time to answer, but finally said: "You like her. Just how I like Emma, you like (Y/N). So of course you want to keep her safe. You're going to be my trump card against Mama. And (Y/N) is my trump card against you. As long as she stays on my side, you're gonna be there with her, am I right?" I gritted my teeth, saying: "I admit it. I love (Y/N). But that doesn't change anything abou-" He cut me off: "Just a minute ago, you said that if we were to take everyone and die, Emma and I could die here. You didn't mention (Y/N), because you have no intentions of letting her die. Not ever." I stayed silent. I dug that hole myself, didn't I? But I knew that. Norman smiled at me, saying: "But you know, I don't have any intentions of her getting killed, either. She's the one that I can rely on. The one I used many times to figure you out. Because of her sharp mind, I've been able to find the spy faster than I thought I would. Losing her means losing not only a big help, it would mean losing a precious part of our family. One that I held close ever since." That means..."So you're accepting my conditions?" "Yes." I walked up to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "If what you just said was a lie..." I said in an alarming tone, trailing off. Norman said: "I know. It wasn't a lie." With that, I left the room without saying another word.

3rd Person Pov:

Norman sat down on his bed, thinking. He couldn't betray Emma, right? But then Ray would betray him. And what about (Y/N)? He didn't know which side she would choose, if that scenario happened. He cleared those thoughts and put a hand to his chin. And suddenly, something struck him. An idea that made him feel ill. He covered his mouth, still thinking.

"You took a while." said Isabella as soon as Ray entered the room. He closed the door behind him, saying: "I was talking to Norman." "And?" "Nothing much has changed. They're focused on training with tag. The bigger issue is that Sister. She's on the move again. You should be careful." "I see. She did try to get the shy (Y/N) to tell her everything she knew. Poor girl... She didn't even know what Krone was talking about." Ray looked up at the Mama of the House, saying: "You should have never summoned her. That was supposed to be a deterrent for me, right? It makes me sad that you still don't trust me even though I've been helping you for six years." "It's just a precaution. Besides, if you had made sure those two didn't go to the gate that day, this wouldn't be happening." said Isabella. "I apologized for that." "I never thought you'd be a useless dog who couldn't even keep watch." "I made up for it by spying for you. I sold out my best friends, and I report Sister Krone's disturbing behavior in detail. So I'm going to get my reward." "Of course. That is the deal."

Norman Pov:

We were running. Everyone of us was running. There's the exit! "With everyone... Let's escape with everyone! And of course, with Ray, too!" I said to myself, continuing to run. I then turned around to look at them, but stopped once I saw what had happened. My eyes widened as I saw everyone of my family lifeless on the ground. All of them having that flower through their chest. "That's..." said someone. I turned around, looking at Ray. He had a flower through his chest, too, but he was leaning over the body of (Y/N), holding her pale face with his hands. He put his forehead on hers, saying: "That's why I told you." I turned back around, my eyes widening even more. "Emma!" I said, rushing over to her body. "Emma!" I hugged her close to me, closing my eyes. "Everyone..." Suddenly, I heard a strange noise. Without much thinking, I knew what it was. I slowly turned around, seeing a Demon in front of me, it's mouth wide open as to eat me. But before I could scream...

...I woke up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/660410732846166887/