21

(Y/N) Pov:

"Emma..." I said, watching her look at the ground. I then looked up at Ray, asking: "A-Are you all right?" He rubbed his cheek with his free hand, saying: "Nothing too bad." "It's my fault." I stated, looking at the ground. Then, he pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly. I felt the blood rush into my cheeks as he stroked my (h/c) hair, saying: "It wasn't your fault. I decided to take the hit." "B-But if I-" He cut me off: "Enough of the 'if's. You idiot... You could've told me about your thoughts." I closed my eyes, putting my arms around him, hugging myself closer to him. "Ray... I didn't want to trouble you more. You knew the secret all this time, and I thought that even you would break down at some point. So I tried to stay strong." He lightly hit my head, then put his head on mine. "Idiot, idiot, idiot. There's no way I'd ever lose it, you know." I smiled, resting my head on his chest. "That's what I hoped for."

3rd Person Pov:

"That's not it." said Don, facing away from the Grace Field House. Gilda stood behind him, watching as he continued: "I'm just taking it out on them. I'm not frustrated because they treated us like weaklings. I made them lie. I couldn't do anything for Conny and the others. I'm ignorant and powerless. It's frustrating because I really am a weakling." He started crying, covering his eyes with both of his hands. "It's so frustrating!" Gilda walked up to him as he said: "I want to become stronger. I want to become stronger." He dropped to his knees. Gilda kneeled besides him, saying: "Yeah." Then, Emma ran up to them, holding a lamp. "Don! Gilda!" she called. "Emma." said Gilda, watching as she stopped just in front of them. Emma looked up at Don, saying: "Sorry. I didn't understand. I was prepared to be resented, but I didn't have enough resolve to believe in you!" Don and Gilda looked at each other as Norman joined Emma's side, saying: "I'm also... Sorry." (Y/N) pulled Ray with her, bowing down in front of her younger siblings. "I-I'm so sorry! If I would've thought one more step ahead, I-" (Y/N) was cut off by Ray, who lightly hit her head. "I-I'm just sorry!" she said, not thinking of letting go of Ray's hand. Don looked to the side, saying: "No, well, I'm also sorry that I suddenly punched you. Are you okay? You're not, huh?" "I'll be okay." reassured Norman. Ray didn't say anything as Gilda said: "I'm sorry, too, about acting on our own." (Y/N) then bowed again, closing her (e/c) eyes. "A-About that... I-I'm sorry, too! I thought I could spare you some troubles if I found something in there... But of course Ray would get mad." Ray glanced to the side as Norman said: "Come on, Ray." He scratched his head with his free hand, saying: "Geez, fine. Even if the worst happens, I'll take care of it somehow. I'm also sorry for the other things I did. I apologize." He bowed slightly. (Y/N) looked up at him with wide eyes. "Wh-What?" he asked, clearly flustered at her stares. She quickly wrapped her arms around his body, saying: "I didn't know you could apologize like that." "Cut it out, idiot!" he said, gently hitting her head. That caused the other four to laugh.

"Don. Gilda. There's no more lying, so let me ask again. If we mess up, we die. The outside is, at worst, a world full of demons. Even so, will you run away with us?" asked Emma. The younger two shared a quick glance at each other, before they both said: "Of course we will!" Emma smiled at them. As they talked about a different topic, Ray turned to look behind them, getting the feeling that they were being watched. Out of instinct, he pulled (Y/N)'s fragile body closer to him, shielding her from the stalker's sight. (Y/N) didn't even question it, since she liked being that close to Ray. It made her feel safe.

Time skip: the next day

(Y/N) Pov:

"I feel better now that we told them the truth." admitted Emma. "Yeah." said Norman. I nodded, smiling at her. We were doing the laundry, only the three of us. Norman said: "One week until we carry out our plan. The preparations are going well, too. We just have to figure out how to escape with everyone." "Hey, Norman, about that... I tried to figure out on my own how to escape with everyone." I looked at her. Norman looked to the side, then back at me, asking: "(Y/N), Sister is watching us again. Could you distract her? We'll tell you the plan later, okay?" I nodded, saying: "I hope Ray is somewhere around there. She scares me." "I know. But she wants to get you on her side, so she'll go after you immediately." "That doesn't help at all, Norman!" He smiled at me. I sighed, picking up my sketchbook and pencil that I left on the ground. "See you." With that, I walked away from them. With quick steps, I walked past Sister Krone. She smiled creepily at me as I looked around the area. I spotted someone familiar sitting under a tree, reading a book. I smiled lightly, quickly walking towards him. "(Y/N)! Can you help me?" asked someone from behind me. I turned around, asking: "What is it, Phil?" He smiled, walking closer to me. "Can you show me how to draw?" I smiled at him, ruffling his hair. "Another time, okay? I'm busy with a drawing I'd like to finish today." He pouted, asking: "Promise?" "Promise." I said, holding out my pinky finger. He did the same, intervining his finger with mine. We smiled at each other before he ran off again, playing with the other children. I took another step towards Ray, when I suddenly felt a warm hand on my shoulder. "(Y/N), let's play a game of Tag together." suggested a creepy voice. I didn't turn to look at her, and just shook my head. "Aww, you're so cute when you're shy." she said. I tried to take a step away from her, but she kept me in place. "L-Leave me alone, please..." I said, turning to look at her. "Still acting all innocent?" she whispered in my ear, then smiled weirdly again. I tried to contain my cover, asking: "Wh-What are you talking about?" "Playing dumb doesn't cut it anymore. Now come with me and tell me everything about-" "There you are, (Y/N)." I looked up at the sudden voice, meeting dark green eyes. Sister Krone stopped and smiled, asking: "What is it, Ray? (Y/N) and I were just about to play a round of Tag. Why don't you join in?" He saw the look in my eyes as he gently took my hand, pulling me towards him. Sister Krone loosened her grip on me, asking: "Should we read a book together? Or maybe even draw something? Oh, wait, (Y/N) wanted to tell me something she figured out." Ray pulled me into his chest, saying: "No thanks. And I don't think (Y/N) figured something out recently." I looked up at him, saying: "I only figured out a new way to shade my drawings." Sister Krone glared through her smile as she said: "Well then, sorry to disturb you. See you soon, (Y/N)." With that, she finally left. Ray took my hand, walking over to the tree he was previously sitting under. We both sat down, me putting my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around my waist, keeping me close. "Thank you, Ray. I was so scared..." I said. "Don't mind it. She should suspect you a bit less now." I nodded at his words, closing my eyes. This is a nice feeling. My heart is beating faster than normal, and I want to stay like this forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://pin.it/5dJ5JAT