11

3rd Person Pov:

The kids were parted in two groups:

One consisting of the majority of the kids, the ones running away.

And the group with fewer kids, the ones that play 'It'.

"I won't get caught this time!" "Good luck." they said, enjoying the 'new' game. The oldest four were equally divided in the two teams. Emma and Norman joined the first group, while Ray and (Y/N) joined the second. Ray said: "Okay, try not to get caught for 10 minutes. Start." With that, the first group started to run away. "Everyone, follow me!" said Emma, looking back at the children. "Let's succeed and surprise (Y/N) and Ray!" said Norman to the children behind him. "Let's do this!" called Don, smiling. (Y/N) looked at the pocket watch, Ray looking at it over her shoulder. While they did that, their mother watched them closely, trying to figure out what the kids were doing.

Emma and Norman ran through the forest, the children all following. As soon as Emma did the sign where she held two fingers in the air, the group split. Half of them were following Emma, while the other half went with Norman. Emma tried using a sign, which worked really well.

After the right amount of time, (Y/N) and Ray's group were starting their run, trying to find as many children as possible on their way. They acted as one group. Ray spotted Norman's group and followed them. As soon as Norman noticed, he signalled the children to split, which they did. The group of the other two stopped, Ray and (Y/N) smiling at each other. "This works." she said, smiling up at Ray. He smiled back, even tough he saw something. Something that nearly no one else could see. Her smile was off. Even if it was just a little thing, he knew it wasn't a casual smile, nor one out of happiness that the plan worked. No, he was sure that this wasn't a normal smile. She was putting one on, just like the first few days after they discovered the secrets of the House. But he let it slip for now and they continued their hunt after the other children.

"That was fun!" said Phil, throwing his arms in the air. Emma said:" Phil, you were good at running away." as she patted her head. Don said: "This is really fun! I want to be leader for the next one!" Gilda walked up to him, saying: "But let's take a break for a little bit."

(Y/N) Pov:

"It looks like playing tag in teams is going to work!" said Emma. Ray took a sip of tea while I leaned onto the wall, trying to get fresh air in our break. It just won't leave my head. I glanced over at Ray, only to see him staring at me. I immediately looked to the side, feeling my cheeks heat up. "What was Phil's score again?" asked Ray, trying to distract himself. Emma looked at him before answering: "Let's see. He's averaging about 203 lately." "That's high." said Norman. Ray said: "He was one of the last ones remaining this time and also when we played tag with Sister. He's always looking for you and Norman with Sherry, too." Emma paused for a second before covering her head with both hands, yelling: "Stop it! I don't want to suspect anyone after all!" "Idiot. Even if you don't want to, you need to be more suspicious! Thoroughly! This is life or death." I looked to the ground. Right... If we mess even one thing up, it's over. One small mistake could mean the death to all of our siblings. I can't let that happen. Before that, I'll- Norman's voice brought me back into reality. "Ray." "Hm?" "Any progress on how to break the tracking devices? How long do you need until you're prepared?" "Let's see. Ten days." answered Ray. Norman said: "Then let's commence the plan ten days from now." The three of us looked at Norman. "We'll carry out the escape plan ten days from now, on November 8th." Emma was surprised, while Ray was shocked. I watched him closely as Emma asked: "W-Wait! Isn't it too soon? I mean, it's fine, but..." "It's not fine!" said Ray, stepping next to Emma. "It's been two weeks since Conny was shipped. The shipment cycle is at least two months, so we should have about a month and a half. I thought the plan was to carefully prepare during that time!" "Yeah. Just as you thought that way, Mama's controlling us to think that way, too. So we need to outwit that." said Norman. I closely watched all of Ray's reactions. He asked: "And if we fail from being too rushed? Then what?" "Either way, we need to escape before winter comes. As soon as we break the tracking devices, let's execute our escape plan as quickly as possible." Emma said: "That means we have to do what's necessary in the remaining ten days." Norman nodded. Ray got slightly irritated. I said: "Let's do this." All three of them looked at me. "Let's escape here as soon as possible. So we can all be together forever." I got quieter as I spoke. I just want to be with everyone. With Emma, Norman, and... With Ray. Emma hugged me, saying: "Let's talk to Don and Gilda tonight." "Yes." I replied, hugging back.

Time skip: six hours later

(Y/N) Pov:

We walked quietly through the house, aiming towards a specific room. I was looking to the ground as we walked. Suddenly, a hand made it's way onto my head. I looked up and met eyes with Ray. He smiled reassuringly at me. I nodded at him, giving a small smile. As we got to the door, Emma said: "All three of you, follow my lead." I nodded, taking Ray's hand. He looked down to me with a surprised expression. But I just looked at the door as Emma opened it. I hope this goes well. Gilda and Don were already waiting in there. "What did you want to talk about?" asked Don, while Gilda looked at us with a worried expression.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.jp/amp/pin/791226228265192324/