15

3rd Person Pov:

"What do you mean?" asked the (h/c) haired girl, returning the black haired boy's stare. He smirked at her, answering: "Well, we all know that you're sharp. But you just so happened to be even sharper than Norman." (Y/N) furrowed her brows, but didn't ask anything else. Norman then said: "One more thing. Ray, you're not a traitor who was set up just for this matter, right? Mama would never trust a sudden tip or an impromptu spy." Norman leaned closer to Ray, asking: "How long have you been Mama's spy?" "From a long time ago." answered Ray. "I've been Mama's subordinate for a long time. Basically, a sheepdog for a shepherd." "You knew about everything and assisted Mama this whole time?" "Yeah." It was silent for a few seconds, before (Y/N) took a step closer to the two boys. Her (e/c) eyes were filled with tears. Tears she doesn't want to cry, yet can't hold back any longer. "Was... Was everything a lie? Everything we planned together?" Ray's expression didn't change, or so you might think. His eyes softened at her expression. But he managed to keep his calm. "What and how much did you tell Mama?" asked Norman. "The tracking devices can be broken, right?" Ray asked: "What's the point in asking that? Depending on the answer, will you cut me off?" Norman answered: "I won't. I'll have you by our side, as you've always been. Aren't you glad? You can continue to hide the mistake you made. You wanted to keep spying on us, even if it meant framing Don, right?" "What do you want?" "Three things." said Norman as he held three fingers up. "One, continue to spend time with us like before and guarantee our safety. Two, release all information you have to us." "And three, come to our side." finished (Y/N). "Huh?" She smiled at him through her glassy eyes. Norman asked: "Can you become my spy?" "You want me to be the ace up your sleeve?" asked Ray. "Yeah. The second, that is." "Are you an idiot? If that was your objective from the beginning, you should've kept quiet and used me. Just forcibly utilize me and then abandon me when you execute the plan. That would've been the better method." said Ray. "You're right, but..." Norman looked over at (Y/N), who shook her head, saying: "Ray, if you would stay, so would I." His eyes widened as she continued: "I could never leave you behind. I'd rather have them all escape without me then to leave you behind." Norman smiled, looking up. "And Emma said we're family that grew up together." He sat down on the small cupboard, saying: "That's why I changed my mind. I want to believe in you, too. That you're my friend before my enemy. Besides, you're the one who hid Little Bunny, right? That night when we went to the gate, if you hadn't said that we could make it, we wouldn't have gone." "And you demanded that I'd go along with them, which was suspicious, too." added (Y/N). She then smiled softly, her eyes showing a dull (e/c). "Thanks to you we discovered the truth about this House." "You're the one who set up this escape for our sake, right? Ray, why are you being Mama's sheepdog?" asked Norman. "Why?" asked Ray, switching from looking at (Y/N) to Norman. "You wouldn't do things to make us realize the truth if you were 100 percent Mama's dog. You were controlling us. The tracking devices, the timing of the escape, and how fast the plan progressed." "That's why you weren't for the idea to escape in ten days." added (Y/N), sitting down next to Ray on the bed. Norman asked: "But at the same time, weren't you also keeping Mama under control?" (Y/N) looked at Ray with hopeful eyes, asking: "You're not our enemy after all, right?" He looked at her as he answered: "I volunteered. I went to her. No, it's more accurate to say that I sold myself." He looked at Norman, saying: "It was all in preparation for this escape." Both, (Y/N) and Norman, were shocked at that response. "The most efficient way to learn about the enemy and gather things is from inside their pocket. That's why I brought up a deal to Mama." "But... That's too dangerous." said (Y/N), hugging Ray's arm closer to her. He said: "I had chances to succeed. Mama would want to avoid harvesting a top scorer, one she spent time and effort on, midway. That's how I saw it." (Y/N) eyes widened as she got another strange feeling. 'Ray... You don't plan to... Right?!' she thought, glancing over at Norman. But he didn't seem to have the same thoughts she did. Ray said: "She actually cares more about profit rather than rules. I basically asked for two things. One, I'll cooperate, so don't immediately ship me out. Two, I asked for rewards if I gave results." "Rewards?" asked Norman. "Just various junk. If it wasn't available in the House, I had her obtain it." (Y/N) asked: "So you were testing what she could get her hands on and what was impossible to gain?" Ray nodded, answering: "Yes. I also wanted to probe the outside world. As a result, she obtained a lot of things, as long as they weren't dangerous. But they were all older models." "Then, when you said you had an idea about breaking the tracking devices..." said Norman, trailing off at the end of his sentence. "I've seen the actual advice. I experimented, and after many years, I figured out how to break it. The tracking devices can definitely be nullified. Do you understand? The person you see before you is the strongest card you have. The tracking devices and Mama. I have far more information than what's necessary for this escape." said Ray. He put a hand over his eyes, saying: "I've been preparing ever since I found the truth out about the House." "Ray." "Without having anyone notice, I had you three go to the gate. I did all this to make sure you three don't get killed." He pointed at Norman as he said that. "Just like you said, I'm not your enemy. But I'm also not an ally. Under two conditions, I can completely become your ace. I'll give you all the information I have, and I'll also leak lies to Mama like you want." "What are the conditions?" asked Norman. Ray glanced down at (Y/N), meeting her sleepy, (e/c) eyes. She rubbed her eyes, quietly saying: "I wasn't able to sleep the last few days. I always had to think about what I would do if you were the traitor..." Ray brushed a strand of hair out of her face and said: "Then go to bed. You got all of the important information already." (Y/N) nodded, standing up. Before she left the room, she turned to look at the two boys. "Whatever happens, tell me the conditions, okay, Norman?" Norman nodded, saying: "I will." "Promise me?" He smiled at her as she left the room, closing the door behind her. Both, Ray and Norman waited until they couldn't hear her footsteps anymore.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.se/pin/717479784365199471/