87

Hello everyone!

I'm so sorry for updating a day late!

My birthday was on December 15th, and we've been celebrating a little yesterday :)

That's why I haven't been able to update yesterday.

Anyways, I update today, so, enjoy this chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

Yuugo, Nigel, Violet, and all of the children that just got back from outside, smiled at Emma, happy at what they had overheard. "I'm in!" declared Nigel, nodding enthusiastically. Violet said: "Me, as well." "Me, too." added Theo, grinning.

The adult handed Emma some fruits they had brought in, saying: "Here." Yvette, walking closer to the tall man, asked: "Did you go outside?" Violet answered: "We brought in fruit from the forest."

"Then... it's okay?" asked Emma, getting back to the previous topic. "Yuugo, Lucas, and all the other farm children, you don't want to escape to the human world first?" she asked, her bright, green eyes wide.

"That'd be tough. And it'd put a life or two at risk, right?" asked Yuugo, looking at the ceiling in thought. Theo nodded, saying: "I agree! Running away first is not what I want to do." "Sorry to disappoint." added Nigel, laughing.

"This time, let's get stronger together." said Violet, placing a hand on Emma's shoulder. Yuugo gently patted (Y/N)'s head, saying: "You asked me to come with you to the human world, right, (Y/N)? Is that offer still up?"

(Y/N) smiled brightly, answering: "Of course, Yuugo." Lucas voiced all of their thoughts by saying: "I'll follow Emma anywhere. That's what everyone is thinking." Emma smiled, looking down at her hand, in which she held the eye-shaped amulet that Mujika gave her just before they parted.

-----

"We've finally recovered Lord Bayon's remains." declared a voice over the phone. The person at the other end of the line asked: "Were you able to locate the bodies of his servants? Where are they?" "Yes, they are sunken deep underwater."

"And?" asked the blonde man, his expression unreadable. "We haven't located any corpses of cattle children either." said the voice on the other end, making the blonde man smirk lightly.

"How strange... Bayon should have hunted them. Good work. Now no one else can sprout up from Goldy Pond. You take command, search the surrounding area." he instructed, then ended the call.

He began talking to himself, as to sort his thoughts. "The self-destruct device at Goldy Pond went off. Only half a month after the escape from Grace Field. Was it a coincidence, brother?" He smiled, saying: "Whatever you do, you can't get away. You cattle children are a necessity for this world."

Time skip: a week later

Emma Pov:

We've been living at the shelter for a month and a half. Our family now has 64 members of all ages and personalities. The farms we came from are also different. Even so, everyone's getting along.