103

3rd Person Pov:

"We need to save them!" announced Emma, taking her bow and an arrow in hand. The escapees had just found a bunch of Demons, who were attacking humans. Two human beings. Two people they didn't know. The others, Ray, and (Y/N), quickly did the same, each of them aiming their bow and arrow at the Demon's weak spots.

One of the Demons began attacking the strangers, breaking their spear in half with ease. Without having to say anything, the three Grace Field children shot in sync, each killing one of the three Demons.

"Uh..." trailed one of the strangers off, his eyes wide. He stared at the Demons' lifeless bodies, taking note of the arrows that stuck n each of their faces. "An arrow...?" he asked, glancing at his friend.

Just then, a gun was held at his head, and Ray said: "Don't move." Startled, the boy merely held his hands up, trying to show that he's unarmed. (Y/N) stood next to him, her weapon raised, too. Emma pointed her rifle at the other boy, closely observing him.

The one with the headband slowly moved, then literally threw himself onto the ground, saying: "Thank you very much!" Confused, Ray didn't know what to do or say. "I was so scared! I thought I was going to be dead by now, I thought I was going to be eaten! The guys that we had brough with us, and even the clothes that we had on us were eaten!" he said, crying.

Even more confused than the rest, (Y/N) was about to say something, as he suddenly held onto her skirt / pants, saying: "Really, thank you, thank you so much!" "Let her go!" called Ray, immediately pulling her back, standing protectively in front of her.

The other boy, who still stood a bit away from them, yelled: "You idiot! Don't do such a thing to the people who saved our lives!" Then, it was like a light bulb turned on in both of their heads. Like reality had finally sunk into their minds.

"Humans?!"

"That's way too late!" called Ray, not sure how these people have survived out in the wild. Without any hesitation, they both bowed down, saying: "We're so sorry! We've been rude to you again!"

"Hey, you're voices are too loud!" noted Ray, looking over at Emma for some help. She's the best out of them with strangers. She quickly understood, starting to talk to them.

"So, who are you? What are you doing here?" she asked, causing them both to stand back up. The one with the mask over the lower half of his face began talking. "Right, my name is Jin. And this is Hayato."

His expression turned serious as he said: "I can't tell you all the details, but... We are working under a certain person to achieve a goal. And because of that-" The other boy, Hayato, had noticed something on Emma's neck.

His eyes went wide as he checked the others. And, sure enough, he yelled, cutting into Jin's talking. "AAAAAAAAHHH!" "You need to stay quiet!" called Ray, now completely irritated by this guy and his loud voice.

"Jin! These people... No way! They're the Grace Field escapees!" noted Hayato, walking closer to the young couple. He then gasped, saying: "This is her! 84194, look!" "Huh? I-I don't get any of this..." trailed (Y/N) off, a bit overwhelmed by Hayato and his words.

"What are you on about?" asked Ray, almost glaring at Hayato. Jin quickly said: "We've been searching for all of you. Under William Minerva's orders!" "Minerva-san?" asked (Y/N), her (e/c) eyes widening slightly.

Time skip: a bit later

(Y/N) Pov:

"No way! Real escapees are seriously so cool!" said Hayato, still talking louder than necessary. Jin smiled at the children, saying: "You were even able to treat the wound on my hand... That's crazy!" They then bowed down once more, greatly confusing Anna and the rest.

"Then, in other words, William Minerva is your boss. And he is liberating cattle children from the plantations and building a settlement with them all." said Emma, wanting to confirm the information we were given just a bit earlier.

"Yes!" said Jin. Hayato added: "The boss is amazing! He's extremely smart, and is cunning, yet capable. Almost like a god. In only six months, he's crushed several farms, has rescued hundreds of children, and now leads them all."

"Incredible..." "Just what you'd expect from Minerva. He was the former head of the Ratri clan, after all..." trailed Lani and Thoma off, looking at each other with smiles. Yeah, this is great. This is really convenient for us.

We were searching for a place to stay at, anyway. Still, there's something that's bothering me about all of this. Why were Hayato and Jin searching specifically for us? Was it a hunch of Minerva-san that told him that we were still alive? Did he have some sort of camera or what?

Just who is this William Minerva? It can't be the real one, since he already died, as he told us back in Goldy Pond via a recording. Then who...?

Hayato smiled brightly, saying: "We were also saved by the boss. Everyone. He saved all of us!" Natt asked: "So then... Your boss, Minerva, told you to search for us?"

Jin answered: "Yes! Did you receive the broadcast? After knowing that the shelter was going to be attacked, the boss sent us to scout for you. The boss was heartbroken. He conveyed to me that he wants to help you out and needs your power as well."

He needs our power? Does he know who we are? Or is he just guessing our potential based on our former home, Grace Field? This doesn't add up. There's still a huge piece of information missing.

Placing a hand onto my shoulder, Oliver answered Jin's question. "We heard the broadcast. And right now, we're headed to that place he told us about." "Then all is well! By all means, let us guide you there. To our hideout!" declared Jin, nodding his head.

He then added: "Our base has food, as well as places where you can rest. And that's not all. We also have medicine and treatment facilities. It's ideal for treating anybody that's injured. Let us take you all as soon as possible."

"You think there's enough medicine and supplies to treat Lucas?" asked Yuugo, observing Jin. He nodded his head, saying: "I believe so, yes." "That's great, then. What are we waiting for?"

"Wait a moment." I said, looking at Jin, who patiently waited for me to say something, which I did. "The hideout. Is it completely safe from both Demons and the Ratri clan?" I asked him.

Nodding, he answered: "Up until this point, we haven't been attacked by the enemy. We have powerful allies that are protecting and supporting us. It is indeed a paradise to all of us." Hayato said: "And more than anything, if we have that person... If we have the boss, we're unbeatable."

I see. Just the information I was looking for. Well, partly. Whoever this 'Minerva' is, he has to be incredibly smart and capable. But those allies protecting the hideout... I seriously don't know what to think of this.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/771100767445154383/