62

(Y/N) Pov:

"I get it. The reason he won't tell us." They both looked at me in a questioning way. I answered their unasked question by saying: "H-He doesn't know what we can do. He doesn't know how fast we are, how much we can carry, a-and everything else. He probably doesn't want to give us false advice. Well, that's what I think, at least."

"You think that highly of him?" asked Ray, his dark green eyes staring into mine. I nodded as response, saying: "As far as I know him, h-he's not a bad person." Emma got back to the weapon topic by saying: "I'm taking a knife with me." We both looked at her, watching as she gestured towards a gigantic weapon.

"Actually, I wanted to take this one, 'cause it looks strong, but it's way too heavy, and I figure I probably couldn't hold it properly anyway." "Yes. That's right." stated Ray, nodding at her. She continued: "So I think the bow I got from Sonju is still the best as a basic weapon. It's very light, and I'm already getting the hang of it a little bit."

"And we'll need it anyway to hunt for food along the way, right?" Emma nodded at him, saying: "I can reuse the arrows when we manage to recover them. And, with a knife, I could make new ones!" I turned to look at the smaller handguns, too lost in thoughts to follow their conversation any further.

What should I pick? Emma's obviously going to chose her bow and a knife. Ray's going to choose a smaller, lighter gun. Then what should I...? I picked up a small gun that had four different 'settings'.

I turned it around in my hand, then decided to take it. But since this one is so small and doesn't use normal bullets, I should take another gun with me. I reached out and grabbed a handgun that was a little bit bigger than the one I just chose.

It was heavier, too, but nothing that I couldn't deal with. This is it. These are the ones I'll be choosing. Oh, I need more bullets. How many should I take? I think four, no, six sets of bullets will do. Probably not, but that'll be the maximum I can carry.

A hand on my shoulder made me snap out of my thoughts. I looked up at the person, looking directly into Ray's eyes. He asked: "What did you get?" I showed him the bigger gun first, saying: "Th-This one. It can hold 12 bullets in one round, and I'll take six refills with me. O-Oh, and this one."

I pulled the small gun out, showing it to him and Emma. "Two pistols?" asked Emma, making me nod. "This one is for safety, and this one for strategy." I said, a small smirk on my lips. I'm planning to make it back alive, with the both of you. So I have to think about every possible thing to happen twice. I need to. Otherwise, I can't do anything.

Time skip: departure

3rd Person Pov:

The three children stood in front of their siblings, confidence showing on all of their faces. Each of them wore a white coat and a backpack filled with refills for the weapons, water, and food. And, obviously, their weapons of choice. "Well then, we'll be back soon!" called Emma, speaking for the three of them.

The younger children couldn't hold back, hugging their dear older sister tightly. They were telling her what not to do if she got hurt. And they told Ray to 'be a good boy and get away' instead of offering himself up. To (Y/N), they said that she had to keep a close eye on both of them, making sure that they don't cause troubles.

Gilda stepped closer to them, asking: "Mister, may I ask you something?" He didn't answer, but she knew that he was listening. "Please bring them back to us safely." At that, the man turned to look at her, listening as she continued.

"I know this is a dangerous outing. For you, too. Something bad may happen that you can't escape... But, precisely for this reason. Even if something happens and you need to run back here, you must bring back at least one of them alive."

The man clicked his tongue in annoyance, saying: "That's a request, now? Sorry, girl, but just because you say something, it doesn't-" Gilda cut him off: "No, it's not. It's my expectation of you." At that, he was slightly taken back.

"If you don't come back with at least one of them alive, I will personally destroy this shelter." The adult just stared at her, deep in thoughts. Meanwhile, Gilda reached out to hug her three older siblings, saying: "You three come back safe and sound! If even one of you dies, I'll never forgive you!"

"Yes... Yes...!" replied Emma, hugging back. (Y/N) smiled lightly, saying: "W-We'll make it. For sure." "Thank you." said Gilda, tightening the hug.

Shortly after that, the four had left, leaving Don and Gilda in charge of the other children. And as soon as they closed the entrance to the shelter, the unnamed man started sprinting. It took the children a moment to realize what was happening, but as they did, they took after him.

They were falling behind quickly, but managed to stay behind him. "Pick up the pace, will ya?" he asked, a mocking tone laying in his voice. "No joke, he's really fast. And he's lugging around that heavy gun, too." noted Emma, her eyes fixated on the man.

"I guess adults are just on another level." At that, the adult laughed, saying: "Kids suck at this!" Ray pointed at him, saying: "He acts like a spoiled kid, though!" A bit behind them, (Y/N) was already starting to struggle a little to keep up with them.

"W-We have to leave here a-as fast as w-we can." she said in-between breaths, trying to keep her breathing and pace steady. The adult glanced back at her, a bit surprised to hear that from her. She was right. If they would stay there too long, it could draw attention to the shelter. And none of them would want that.

"There's nothing particularly dangerous around. Beyond the wastelands, there won't be any more areas that they conveniently avoid." explained the male, turning to look back forwards. "When you can go ahead safely, don't waste time. Just go. First, we'll head straight east and leave the wasteland."

The three children listened intently to what he had to say. "The search for Minerva, the journey to A08-63 really starts once we get there." Emma thought back at how they found out the name of the location A08-63.

Ray had found an old map and pinpointed the location of the Grace Field House, as well as of the shelter in B06-32. And, just like that, they knew where A08-63 was. And there it stood. Goldy Pond.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://yakusokunoneverland.fandom.com/wiki/Emma/Gallery?file=Emma%252C_Ray_and_the_man_ready_for_departure.png