4

3rd Person Pov:

Emma and Norman walked through the forest they usually played in. "If we draw a simple map of this site, the House is in the middle and then the gate." said Norman, scribbling a non-detailed map in the dirt with a stick. "And the forest that surrounds us. First, which one should we escape from? The gate or the forest?" Emma asked: "Maybe the forest? The gate is always closed except during shipping, and when it's open..." "The demons are there." finished Norman. "When do we escape through the forest? At playtime, during the day, when we can get out of the House freely? Or at night during shipping when Mama is not-" Emma cut him off: "Not during shipping! Someone will definitely get sacrificed." "Right. And I'm worried if the younger ones can stay awake at night. Then it's decided. We'll escape during the day through the forest. Whether that's possible..." "Depends on what it's like beyond the forest." Without much more wasted seconds, they both jumped over the small fence and started to run.

They looked up at the gigantic wall in front of them. Norman looked at Emma, then tried to climb up a tree. "Norman!" said Emma. He slipped and fell down. "Norman! Are you okay?" she asked, joining his side. He smiled at her, sitting up and saying: "I guess I'm tired from thinking too much." Emma laughed a bit and said: "Sheesh, I guess it can't be helped." As quick as she said that, she was already on the tree, trying to look over the wall. "So? Is something there?" asked Norman. She answered: "Nothing. But this wall is about two to three meters thick. And it's pretty tall." Norman walked up to the wall, placing a hand and his ear on it. "But there are no guards." he said, trying to hear something. He then took a small step back, saying: "It's quiet. What do you think?" Emma touched the wall, too, and said: "It's hard and sturdy. There are no edges, let alone any seams. And the surface is smooth. There's no way anyone could climb this." "Then should we give up?" "But that's what this wall would have us think." Norman looked at her as she said: "If it was you or me, we could climb it as long as we had a rope." She smiled at him. He returned it and said: "I don't sense any demons around. The only one watching us is Mama. Don't worry. It's not scary." Suddenly, the bell rang. The two of them rushed as fast as they could back.

(Y/N) Pov:

"I'm still saying you should stay in bed." said Ray, closing his book. I shook my head, saying: "I don't want to miss anything like last time." But this time... It's different. I need to look out for anything that could mean harm. He shrugged and said: "I forgot something." I hummed as response and heard him walking away. When I got out, I saw the other children. I noticed Emma and Norman and walked up to them. "(Y-(Y/N)?" asked Norman, completely out of breath. I see. So they went beyond the fence, huh? I smiled at him, saying: "Seems like I just have a cold. The lack of sleep made it worse, tough." "That's good to hear." He smiled as he said it. "Mama!" called one of the younger kids. I turned to look at him. He rushed right towards Mama. She asked: "Mark! Did something happen?" He was crying and asked: "What should I do? I got separated from Naila in the forest! I tried looking but couldn't find her!" I watched Mama carefully as she pulled out her pocket watch. She looked at it, then smiled at Mark, saying:  "It'll be okay. Everyone, stay here." She stood up and looked at all of us. "Understood?"She then walked away towards the forest. I sneezed, but quickly covered my face. We waited and I watched the forest. "Norman, did...?" I asked, not daring to say it out loud. "Yeah." he said, instantly understanding what I meant. "Mama!" "Naila!" I watched as Mama came back a few minutes after she left, holding Naila in her arms. Way too quick... "She got tired and fell asleep." said Mama as the other children ran to her side. "Look, not a scratch on her." "Thank goodness!" cried Mark out. "I'm so sorry, Naila. I'm sorry!" Only Emma, Norman, and I were still standing there. "It was like Mama knew exactly where Naila was." said Norman. Emma said: "Come to think of it, Mama has always been good at finding us. No matter where we hid, she found us quickly." I said: "That's not a pocket watch." "Tracking devices." said Norman. Emma looked at us. Norman said: "They could be implanted somewhere in our bodies." I nodded, saying: "And Mama used the opportunity to show us so we would figure it out." "'No matter who it is, I won't let you escape.' That's probably what Mama wants to say." We smiled at Mama as she walked past us. "Mama is..." "...An enemy." said Norman and Emma. Suddenly, a lightning appeared, making me jump. "Hiee!" I quickly hid behind Norman saying: "Th-That startled me..." Norman chuckled, patting my head lightly.

As we were inside, Norman said: "First, let's get our hands on some rope. I have an idea where they might be." I asked: "Did you already came up with a plan?" "Oh, right. I'll tell you later." "Mhm." "See you two tonight at 10 pm in the hallway." I smiled as he took a step up the stairs. "Wait." said Emma, pulling him back. "They have tracking devices on us, so what if they have other stuff, like cameras or listening devices?" I smiled and so did Norman. He said: "It's all right. I looked around a bit, and there was nothing like that here." I said: "And I checked my clothes. There's nothing on them." "When did you do that?" asked Emma with a surprised look. "But I should've known. The security measures aren't on the building, but on us." We three walked up the stairs and Emma asked: "Do you think Mama knows already? That we went all the way to the wall..." "I don't think so." answered Norman. "I mean, she didn't know about that other time, either. When we went to deliver Little Bunny." "That's true." I said: "It's not like Mama always knows where we are at all times. She'll know only when she checks." Norman nodded, saying: "She knows that Little Bunny was brought to the gate by someone other than Conny. But I don't think she figured out who it was. Or else she wouldn't have warned us in such a roundabout way." "I see." said Emma. "Hey, Norman! Do you have a second?" We turned to look at Don. He said: "The clock isn't quite working properly." "Okay, I'll take a look." He then said: "It'll be okay, Emma, (Y/N). We're not being suspected." He rushed towards Don and I smiled at Emma, walking towards the infirmary. I got what I had left there, my sketchbook, and returned to Emma. As I was about to cross the corner, I heard Mama asking: "What's wrong, Emma?" My heart sunk and my eyes widened. I covered my mouth, just to be sure that I don't scream. Emma... Stay strong...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/316518680064641939/