Chapter 13🍃

🥀Flaws of a wife 🥀

    🥀chapter 13🥀

This chapter is dedicated to you all amazing readers❤️🥰

"Come Sarah,let me show some designer shirts that I wanted to buy for little(he calls the unborn child little."Mahfouz said to me.

I dropped the jug of fresh watermelon+milk drink that I made on the center table and went to Mahfouz sitting next to him on a two sitter chair.

"Check our this new designs,I think it would look great in the baby especially during the first few weeks after his born."Mahfouz said passing me his phone.

"They look great but I think you should choose a color that is unisex that way it won't look weird on the baby since we don't know the gender yet."I said passing the phone back to him just as he gave me without sliding backwards or forwards.

I've always given Mahfouz that privacy right from the beginning,I wasn't the type to invade on ones privacy especially my husband.I have always respected his privacy and nothing has changed even now.

I could remember him telling me one day how he respects because I don't invade in his privacy even when sometimes it was my right.I've never gone through his phone records not even once cause I believed whatever I come across would be my fault.

"Won't you give me the watermelon drink?."I heard Mahfouz's voice asking.

I smiled as I looked at the cup realizing I've almost finished the drink.

"Sorry I will just make another one for you."I said standing up but I felt his strong hands on my wrist obstructing me from moving.

"It's good that you drank all that,you need the energy cause tonight is going to be a long night."he said almost like a whisper with a smirk on his face before he walked to the bedroom.

I stood there blushing sheepishly for a while,how Mahfouz spoke right now reminded me of our sweet old days when we were newly wed.Mahfouz was the type that doesn't talk a lot even with his family but he tries not be grumpy also.

During that time I could swear Mahfouz's expertise was at teasing though am not sure weather he teases everyone or it was just me.

I went back into the kitchen and blended some watermelon along with it seeds cause Mahfouz liked it with the seed,then I added milk and sugar with some ice,I poured everything in a glass cup and left the kitchen.

I surprisingly found Zulaiha seated on one of my English one seater chairs with her pregnancy bump that was now huge as if she was carrying a set of twins.I couldn't the remember the last time we've met this close cause mama had clearly forbidden us to as she says I might be a bad luck to the unborn child,I promised myself I wouldn't go near her unless if she herself came to me or asked for my help.

"Zulaiha."I said after I had mastered some courage and walked nearer towards her trying my very best to hide how surprised I was.

"Naam,Ina wuni?."she greeted and I could saw how uncomfortable she was.

"Should I call him for you."I asked her ignoring the greeting part.

"No am not here for him actually,I felt like stretching my legs so after I walked for a while at the garden I thought I should pay you a visit."she said looking down at her legs.

My eyes also fell on her legs that were so swollen that am sure she's not able to wear her old shoes comfortably.We sat silently for a while not knowing what to say cause being around her feels so awkward and am sure she's also feeling the same.