Chapter 29🍃

The wedding III(conclusion)

By now my whole body was aching,my feet felt numb and heavy as if they weren't mine my head also feels so heavy and I could practically hear some pounding in my head if am not exaggerating,I was beyond exhausted and tired is an understatement.I was just sitting there but my body didn't even felt like mine.

Today is going to be the last day of the wedding events and I literally can't wait for the day to be over.After the wedding party yesternight we went back to my parent's house and immediately the next morning Jalal's family's members cars were parked outside our house,they came as early as 10am saying that was how it is done according to their culture I had to practically get ready in less than 20 minutes worst enough I didn't even get the chance to say proper goodbyes to baba which I was a bit glad cause I was sure I wouldn't be able to let go if we started the goodbyes thing.

I sat in the same car with Jalal's sisters(the twins)while they tried their absolute best to make me feel comfortable with them which I tried my best to in other not to make them feel their effort was in vain.The rest of my family members and friends also followed cause they had come with enough cars to transport people and Jalal's grandma Hajja gave the specific order that all of my family members and guest were to come along with me to their family house cause there was going to be an event held by Jalal's family before I would be taken to my husband's house.

After we got there,I was taken to a part in the house which wasn't crowded in fact no one was there and you wouldn't even say a wedding was going on in the house if you weren't outside.Hajja came especially and made sure I had eaten,taken a hot bath and then she sent me some clothes that I was to wear for the event.

The event according to their tradition was more like an unveiling of the bride,the bride will be sitting at a particular place while different relatives of the groom come and peep through her face under the veil and then give her gifts,after all of the elders were done then lastly the groom will unveil the bride's face to everyone after paying a huge amount of money according to his and his family's statue.

That was what happened with my unveiling also,all of Jalal's maternal and paternal aunties peeped through my face and then gave me  a whole lots of expensive gifts and then later on Jalal came,it was the first time I was seeing him after the wedding party and I couldn't remove my eyes from him,it's like he gets even more and more handsome with every passing day.He unveiled me with whooping some of 5 million naira in cash and a brand new Mercedes Benz.I wasn't even shocked because by now I was use to his gifts and how he is spending on me.I murmured him a thank you and then he lowered his height to my forehead since I was seated and he was standing and gave me a peck on my forehead before he left cause the events doesn't require him seating.

Since then I was only seating,although there were a lot of entertainment,traditional dancers and drummers were also invited and were doing their work.I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy the evening but I wasn't able to probably enjoy it cause of how tired I was.My jaw was aching from smiling at everyone I get introduced to from my in-laws family,I literally had to start giving fake smiles to people which I felt so guilty of but it wasn't my fault,I got so tired of giggling.

"Tired?."I heard Jalal's voice out of a blue whispered in my ears which made me jump a bit cause I was caught by surprise.

"You have no idea."I said almost busting into tears.

"Sorry love,it's going to be over soon."he said smiling warmly and I felt a bit guilty showing him I was tired of an event organized by his family while he kept going to events arranged by my family that he could have willingly decided not to go but he went for my sake.

"Am not complaining,am actually enjoying the evening."I said smiling back at him.

"I know....see you later tonight."he said smirking and then he left.