Chapter 3🍃

🥀Flaws of a wife🥀

     🥀chapter 3🥀

The ride to mama's(Mahfouz's mom) place was very silent,well at-least to me.I was seated at the back by the owner corner,while Mahfouz drives,Zulaiha sat next to him.

When I came out from the house,Zulaiha was already seated on the front seat so I had no choice other than to seat at the back.

"Shall we."I heard Mahfouz's voice brought me back to reality.

"Yeah sure."I said as I looked around the huge family house.

It was a huge family house that had different parts,Mahfouz's parents,along with his uncles families all lived their.

Mahfouz had stopped to answer a call so Sarah and I went forward.We went straight to mama's part.

Mama's part was a one  storey-building,we enter through the kitchen door after the maid had opened it and then greeted us.

Sarah ran to mama's room immediately and shouting her name cause they have always been that close since she was her sisters daughter.

I went in also and sat on one of mama's royal chairs because I didn't have that audacity to run to her room and hug her like Sarah did since I was nothing but her daughter in-law and moreover our so called cultures did not permit such a thing.

I could her their giggles and laughs from inside the room while I sat there idle to myself.The maid had already brought some refreshments but they both still weren't out.

After a while,Mahfouz came in with his little cousin sister Amrah in his arms playing with her.Amrah started jumping immediately she saw me trying to make me carry her.She has always loved me since when she was a  baby up till date.He her over to me and then sat down.

"Where is mama."he asked changing the channel to some football channel.

"In her room."I answered briefly playing with Amrah.

He sat for a while before he stood and went towards mama's room.I couldn't hear what they were talking about but I could her mama shouting at the top of her voice and after some moment she calmed down.After a while Mahfouz came out first and then both mama and Sarah came out.

"Mama good evening."I greeted her after she sat down.

"Thank you."she answer after hesitating for a while.

I smiled bitterly cause I was now used to this kind of behavior from mama.She never cared for me not even once.It feels as if she got her son married to me just to show me pure hatred and nothing more.

I could vividly remember when they came to our house with Mahfouz proposal,they came with both her and Mahfouz's father and also Mahfouz himself.I wasn't even aware of what was going on cause I was in school writing my WAEC last paper.That day the driver came and took me a bit earlier he had even waited for me to finish cause when he came I wasn't done and it felt strange.Mal. Yakubu was always late to come pick me up,and he always had silly excuses to cover it up sometimes he would say he had fallen asleep or that hajia has sent him to the market or he couldn't find the car keys and so on.

I could remember teasing him that day asking him how comes he didn't fell asleep today and he smiled and answered "Alhaji has extra warned  me  today he even threatened me with my job and I still love my job."he answered and I kept wondering why all of a sudden.

After I went home,Mama was out immediately to stop me from entering the house from the front door,she asked me to use the back door and change my clothes immediately that she would join me soon.I did what mama had asked me to do but I was so confused.Everyone was weirdly behavin.Mama came in shortly after I had finished getting dressed and took me with her to the parlor.

There I saw Mahfouz and his parents and also my parents.I politely greeted them and took a seat wondering who they were.I kept fledgling with my fingers throughout the whole time cause for some reason I felt shy,uneasy and anxious at the same time.

After they were gone,mama called me to her room,sat me down and explained to me that those people were going to be my new family.I was confused and naive and moreover I had no say on the matter so I had to just go with the flaw......

"Take this tickets Mahfouz they are for your honeymoon."Mama said handing him the tickets.

I felt like screaming to my heart's content.

Seriously??

She gave them a fucking honeymoon ticket while I was sitting right beside them.She could have at least called them privately and then give them but no,she clearly wanted to rub salts in my would.I wanted to go mad but I maintained myself and kept blinking my eyes to prevent the tears from falling.My heart was aching real bad.I wanted to cry but I knew this wasn't the moment which made matters even worst.

I wanted to run away from the situation but I couldn't cause it wasn't proper to leave and just then Amrah started crying.I sighed heavenly as I've gotten the opportunity I was looking for.

"I think she's hungry let me take her back."I said and quickly went out not waiting for any of their replies.

I sighed and adjusted my facial expression forcing a smile before walking to the other part of the house where Amrah's mother lives.

This was my favorite place in the whole house.Aunty karime who happened to be Amrah's mother had always loved me right from the beginning,she was always there for me whenever mama would do something wrong to me,she was the one to always comfort and she never got tired for once.

Just like all other days,she happily welcomed me in her home after collecting Amrah and brought some refreshments along with some snacks for me herself since her housemaid had traveled home for some time.We talked for  a while before Mahfouz messaged me that we were going home,she didn't let me go without advising me to continue been patient.

I went out to the parking lot without going back to mama cause I've already had enough drama for today,they were both already in the car waiting for me.

The ride back home was silent enough for me cause I was dwell in thoughts that I couldn't understand what Zulaiha was talking to Mahfouz about,I could hear her voice echoing in my eyes but my mindset was absent so I couldn't digest a thing.

I quickly took a warm bath immediately we arrived home since I wasn't hungry and besides even if I was I was too tired to start cooking.I sat on my mirror stool and applied some lotions and cool perfume and just then the door to my room was pushed open and there stood my husband dressed in a white t-shirt and white shorts which fitted his well built six packs perfectly.

He smiled warmly at me coming towards me after he had closed the door behind me.He collected the lotion from me and knelt opposite me rubbing it from down my legs up to my thighs .

"Mama had already booked the tickets for Paris,the tickets are scheduled for next tomorrow In shaa Allah so we would be leaving tomorrow night."he said in a calm tune.

"Okay."I said almost in a cracking tune.

Assalamu Alaikum beautiful ummah😊

Am sorry for waiting you wait for so long and am truly sorry for that..Biko you guys should manage this chapter 🙏

Comment

Share Nd

Like💚

Allah hafiz❤️