Chapter 21🍃

This chapter is dedicated to @RukayatuUmar133

🤍
🤍
🤍
🤍

Two days later after Baba Sadauki informed my parents and husband about my whereabouts of me been in his house and also summoned them all to come to his house.Saying I wasn't worried was a big lie.Infact I was having mixed emotions,I didn't know what to think,how to react or how to even meet my parents and also husband,I wasn't ready to face them,I didn't know what to say or how to justify my actions.

One thing I was sure of and convinced of is that Baba Sadauki will never let anyone impose their decisions on me,he assured me that he wouldn't let anyone force me on what next step to take and he promised me that whatever finally decisions he makes would be as of my best interests and I couldn't trust someone more than I ever trusted him.

Later that day in the evening,when everyone has already arrived and refreshed,Baba Sadauki asked everyone to the present in his big sitting room where normally almost all the serious family meetings and issues are discussed.Everyone was present,both my parents were,Mahfouz was also there along with his two guardians that Baba Sadauki asked him to bring along and also surprisingly Mahfouz's mother came along and lastly was Hajia kaltume,baba Sadauki's first wife.

After all the greetings and pleasantries baba Sadauki opened the meeting with a prayer and then he began,

"Without much delaying of time,we all know what caused all of us to gather here,I do not like repeating unnecessary things that we all know about so am going straight to the point.I've made the decision that this girl Sarah will not go back to Mahfouz's house unless two of my demands are been granted and which it can only be granted by her husband alone rest of you all opinion isn't needed.My first demand is that Sarah will go back to school for her Degree and she's not going to study in this country because she needs the break and some fresh air to clear her mind as well,her husband will take care of her expenses as well as bills through out her stay there and if he doesn't agree to this then her father will and if both of them won't then I myself will.
Secondly,Sarah is going to start up a business of her choice,whatever business she wants to start we are all going to support her so as far as it isn't against the teachings of our deen (religion),this are the two conditions I've laid for Sarah to go back to her husband's house he needs to accept them both."Baba Sadauki stated firmly and strictly.

The place was quiet for a long while,everyone was thinking of the two conditions mentioned.I wasn't sure of the rest but I personally know this conditions are set on my favor but what am worried about is if my father and Mahfouz will agree to this so also Mahfouz's mother.

"As I had said earlier,I only want consent from Sarah's husband which is Mahfouz so am will to give them both a day to discuss about this,think things through and let me know of their final decision in the mean time,the rest of you all can go back to your respective homes cause I don't want any of you influencing their decision from now on,Mahfouz is the only one allowed to stay."Baba Sadauki said and then left the sitting room.

I could feel everyone strong gaze at me and then slowly everyone started walking out of the sitting room except for my mother.She waited for everyone to leave and then she moved closer and sat next to me.

"Sarah."she called my name,pause a bit as if she was thinking of wha to say and then she continued

"When a girl gets married,all hopes are on her,to carry the dignity and protect the honor of her family.We marry off our daughters with the hope that they're gone forever we would only expect her at home when she's visiting occasionally.Sarah my dear your husband's home is your only place of comfort that you would ever have in your entire life time.There is no marriage without any obstacles and problems every one deals with her own problem.If every woman just wakes up and end her marriage because of some silly problems then there isn't any marriage that would last on this earth so my dear,think with a clear mind don't just think of your past think of how your future is going to be also if you end your marriage,I wish you all the best."she ended and then left me with her words that kept echoing in my ears.

I sat silently as I heard all of their faint voices obviously debating among themselves about the meeting that just occurred,I could hear Mahfouz's mother's voice on top making sure her point was heard and then after a while slowly the voices started to diminish and then silence filled the space.

"Sarah."I heard Mahfouz's voice called out my name shortly after the silence.

"Naam."I answered not meeting his eye sight.

"Do you now despise me so much that you want to end our marriage."Mahfouz said with bitterness in his voice.

"No,not at all Mahfouz I never wanted to leave this marriage,you of all people should know that I do not want to end our marriage,Infact I've been fighting all this while for our marriage to survive and I still am.I never even once put in my mind the intention of leaving this marriage,all I wanted was a simple break from all the chaos,to get some relief and peace of mind.That was all I ever asked for."I said trying to make things clearer.

I wouldn't forgive myself if Mahfouz makes a wrong decision because of him misunderstanding my intentions.

"It's fine,it's clear what you want and I am going to give you just that."he said

"What do you mean Mahfouz,what are you trying to say by saying all this things."I asked this time around looking him straight in the eyes.

"I also don't know Sarah,am yet to decide infact I don't even know what to decide.Mama had already made it clear that it will be over her dead body that her daughter inlaw would leave her matrimonial home and go study abroad alone and you've heard what Baba Sadauki said."he said also looking at me in the eyes.

"Mahfouz I loved you and I still love you,convince your mom please,don't end our marriage."I said literary begging with tears in my eyes.

"Sarah you started everything you caused this,now things aren't on our hands now."

"But Baba Sadauki said no one is allowed to interfere in the decisions we decide to make."I said trying to stop him from following what his mom is saying.

"You know I've never disrespected my mother and I won't start now!...........

READ ME PLEASE.

Assalamu Alaikum beautiful angels.

I hope you all are doing great and preparing for Ramadan.

Allahumma balighna Ramadan (Amin).

So am writing this seeing as Ramadan is around the corner I would like to round up and finish this book In shaa Allah before Ramadan hopefully.

And also I've reached the climax of this novel and for the first time am going to actually let you readers decide on how this novel is going to end and I've got two options here,majority carries the vote.

1)Sarah shouldn't get divorced with her husband Mahfouz,they should continue living as married couple.

2)Sarah should get divorced from Mahfouz and get another male leading hero for herself and settle else where.

Comment under this chapter with your opinion and why you chose that opinion.

Do not forget majority carries the vote.

Jazakhallahu khair ❤️