Chapter 15🍃

Asslamu Alaikum amazing readers🥰

I would like to appreciate y'all that have been reading this novel so far🥰

@Adamurukaiyya
@Niqabi_hijabi
@shedart
@oyin567
@iqbal_iklas
@ummahaniIbrahim
@fateemahnaseer1

I sincerely appreciate you all🥰

Jazakhallahu bi khair ❤️❤️

🥀FLAWS OF A WIFE🥀

🥀Chapter 15🥀

I woke up extra early today cause Bintu was leaving today and I had to bid her farewell,I helped her with some of the chores so she wouldn't get late to leave and I also have an appointment with some herbalist doctor and I had to meet him right in time cause I had he hates when people weren't there at his place on their appointed time.

I came to know of him last month when I went to a salon and met to ladies discussing their lives,one was pregnant while the other had an eight months old baby girl that she was still breastfeeding.I heard to pregnant one talking about how she started getting maltreated just three years after her marriage by her in-laws just because she wasn't able to give birth yet,how life has been difficult for her because her husband also wasn't so happy about that because he loves children a lot,according to how she was narrating she said they had visited a lot of doctors both in Nigeria and abroad but they all kept saying the same thing that nothing was wrong with both of them and that it was even two early for them to be worried about not having a child since they were only married for three years.

They kept calm for a while but then in their fourth year of marriage her mother-in-law added more pressure and even asked her husband to get married again since his wife wasn't "able " to give "birth" as if it was her doing.During all this she later was introduced to an Islamic herbalist that was well known for giving medicines and by the grace of Allah people always got cured.She said after she went there with two months she got pregnant and that was how her husband ended up not getting married because he loved her right from the beginning.After that everything changed and went back to normal for her,even her mother-in-law stopped maltreating her and treated her better.

By the time she ended her story,i tried to speak to her but then I didn't get the chance to and they were done stretching my hair so I paid and waited for her inside my car.After about thirty minutes or so she came out alone without the lady i saw them together with and she was about to enter a car that assumed to be her husband's so I quickly came down from my car and stopped her.I greeted her and told her I wanted to speak to her but she told me she didn't have time cause she had an appointment with a doctor and she gave me her number and asked me to contact her.

Later that day,after I was done cooking dinner around 9pm I decided to call her hoping she hasn't slept yet cause I heard pregnant women tend to fall asleep quite early.The phone rang for a while before it was finally answered.I greeted her and she answered but the way she was answering clearly point that she didn't recognize who I was so I further explained to her how we met at the salon and she gave me her number.She remembered immediately and we exchanged pleasantries for a while before I told her how briefly about myself and how am suffering in my marital life because of not been able to give birth,I also explained to her how our case is similar on how the doctors always said nothing was wrong with us and that we shouldn't worry it's too early.

She sympathized with me given she was also once in the same position that I was and she immediately introduced me to the Islamic herbalist and wished me luck just as Allah had luckily blessed her,I thanked her immensely and promised to call her back and give her feedback after I've gone to the medical herbalist.

After I was done getting ready,I waited for Mahfouz for a while but he still hasn't come and it was getting late so I texted him cause I could remember he had told me back then that whenever I wanted to go out to meet a doctor I shouldn't wait to ask for his permission that I should go he had given me the permission to go whenever I want them I should tell me afterwards.

I left after I had sent him a short note of where I was going and for what reason.I drove to the place for about thirty minutes or so according to the directions I was given and I came to halt at a very big house that looks more like a family house,I looked around after I had parked my car and tons of other cars were also parked there though the place loooked more like a deserted area.I adjusted the sitting of my veil on my head to indicate that I was married because of how I saw of munch of men looking at me and then I went inside the house through a black long gate that had a door attached to it.One look at the house and you would know it is an old building of about 30 years or even more cause the house is mostly made out of old sand that was used for building houses during the olden days.

I found some women seated outside a medium sized building that was situated at the center of the building,I walked slowly to where they were seated and sat next to a middle aged woman that wife a probably 10 years old girl sitting on her laps that I assumed to be her daughter,the woman looked alright but her face was full of worry and it looked like the little girl she was with was the sick one.Later on,I came to know that her little innocent girl was raped and that she had brought the girl to be checked by the herbalist cause they do not want to expose the rape case to people.I felt pained and buttered that this little innocent girl was actually raped and couldn't even be taken to a hospital because of what our society might say!

After the woman was done seeing the herbalist,I wished her luck and convinced her to take care of her child and to support her before she left and then it was my turn to go see the herbalist,he was an old man that was probably in his late eighties.He was seated on a white rug with some books in front of him.I seated a little far from where he was seated and I greeted him obediently before I told him what my problem was.

"Take this medicine,boil it thoroughly until it changes it colour to light red and then stiff it,let it cool down for a while and take it with your husband at least twice a day,Allah has only chosen me to give you this medicine,but indeed he is the only one that cures every illness."he said and then dismissed me to leave.

I left the house hoping something good would come out of this.

I just hope!