Chapter 18🍃

🍃Flaws of a wife🍃

         🍃chapter 18🍃

The naming ceremony happened just as it was planned,the celebrations was held at our house seeing how big the compound was.I suppressed all of my negative feelings and tried to cheer up,Mahfouz also tried to cheer me up by making me take care of all the necessary arrangements to be done,that way I was kept busy.I took care of every single arrangement from decorations to catering services.Mahfouz  spent a lot of money in the arrangements,we hired the best there was in every aspect and everything turned out great.

Everyone who came complimented the decorations as well as the food served and also the entertainers that came and every single credit went to me.I beautifully got dressed up in a super holland embellished atampa that complimented my skin a lot cause it was a light color.The makeup artist that I hired to do home service for Zulaiha did my makeup after she had finished baking Zulaiha's face.I went with a simple makeup with uncarved brows and it turned out great.

A dj also came through and that brought about music and dance,all that came through enjoyed themselves and later after Maghreb Mahfouz also came along with his few friends.I also enjoyed myself and tried as much as possible not to be affected by what people had been whispering about me.I turned deaf ears to all the negative rants and ignored them paying zero to no attention to them.I danced to my heart's content cause dancing had always been one of my hubbies and my husband also didn't disappoint cause he sprayed money all over me as I danced.

After the ceremony was over,professional cleaners were hired the day after and they cleaned the house to perfection as if an event was never held.Mahfouz personally thanked me for making the event a success without putting forward that it wasn't my own child's naming ceremony.

As days went by,I tried my very best to get close to the new born baby.Just as it had became my daily routine to check up on them(Zulaiha and the baby)everyday,after I had finished making breakfast for Mahfouz cause he slept at my side yesterday,I dished up everything for him on the dinning table since he was still sleeping.I took a mini khaskha veil and place it on top of the Ankara straight gown that I had wore before I left to go see Zulaiha and the mama.

I met Zulaiha with two of her friends that I noticed were her closest of friends cause this wasn't the first time that I had met them.I've seen them couple of times since before she had given birth and I've been seeing them more often lately.For some reason I hated the energy between those two friends of hers and I personally felt a married woman shouldn't keep those kind of friends.The first one's name was safiyya and I noticed she was more cunning while the other was named ruky.

I greeted them one by one before I sat opposite to zulaiha,safiyya was the one carrying the child.I waited for her to give me the baby but to my surprise she made no effort to give her to me.I became a little upset but I maintained my calm smiling warmly.

"Can I have the baby."I asked softly bringing forward my hands.

She didn't reply nor did she gave me the child but rather she called Zulaiha's maid and asked her to back the baby.

"You know this days Zulaiha you shouldn't be trusting people to be around your kids,especially the one that have been married for several years but wasn't able to give birth,people nowadays are very wicked so always stay alert for the safety of your baby."Safiyya said directly to Zulaiha.

I needed not to think twice about what she meant and am sure she was referring to me.I've never been insulted like this in my entire years of living.I felt humiliated and abused.I was seated numb for a while,how could a woman abuse a fellow woman liked that,now I agree when people say "a woman's worst night mare is a fellow woman".I thought fellow women would understand my pain since our parents had always said "ciwo 'ya mace na 'ya mace ne".Now I realize all of our problems are mostly cause by our fellow women around us.In fact a man has never made me felt ashamed or humiliated for not being able to give birth but my so called same gender had always been on my nerves and that feeling heated different and also hurts different.