Chapter 19🍃

I picked up one last black abayah from my drawer and placed it inside my trolley bag that was full of clothes mostly abayahs and simply kaftans and then I finally zipped it up.I looked at my room one last time before I dragged the trolley bag after I had picked up the other bag that I had packed my flat shoes and some other essential things that I might need when am away,I cross check my hand bag and saw my atm cards and other stuffs were inside before I left the room gently closing the door behind me.

I was walking as fast as I could and at the same time trying to be as quiet as possible since I didn't want to get noticed as I was leaving the house.I used my car keys and opened the booth to prevent the car from making noise if I used the automatic buttons.Looking at the house one last time,I zoomed off hoping I wasn't making the wrong decision,I didn't even stop to greet the gateman that was waving at me while I left.

I wasn't sure if the decision I took was the right one.All I know is that I needed to find happiness and as long as I don't act out I might not be able to find that happiness not now and not ever!

After I had informed Mahfouz about my idea of adopting a child,he instantly refused saying there was no need to adopt a child that I wasn't even aware of his/her background.I could still vividly remember his words "look Sarah,trust me I know what you are going through and I feel your pain,but I honestly don't think there is any need for you to adopt a child that you aren't even aware of his/her background as your child.Sarah Zulaiha has given birth already  and am sure in shaa Allah this child is just the beginning of her children,and Zulaiha's children are my children and I hope you understand this means that they are yours as well so please Sarah you just have to keep this your idea of adopting a child okay and besides am sure mama won't agree to this and so is with your family so please keep that off your mind."

This were Mahfouz's words that am still nit able to process and digest,it made me wonder where is the man I got married to,the loving man that had always supported me throughout,the caring man that loved and cared for me,and the amazing man that had always shared my pain as his,the understanding man that never fails to analyze what's wrong with me even if it's the slightly of headaches.

I tried to convince Mahfouz again but he showed me how angry he was with the issue to the extent that he had even reported me to my mom and later that day she called.She also was in no way in support of my decision saying all kind of negative things that might arise and not for once was she looking at the positive effect and not to talk of Mahfouz's mother that left her home and specifically came and warned me about the rumors she has been hearing and am sure no one would have told her except Sarah cause am sure Mahfouz wouldn't tell her.

All this was what made me make the decision and step that I took today.And I've madeup up my mind to give myself a break from all this because without even been told I knew I was getting depressed.I needed to be free from all this chaotic life full of stress.I needed a break from all this sadness.

I needed a space where I could find myself back,a place where I can live not as someone's daughter,sister,wife or daughter in-law,I nee a break where I could live a free life as me with my own identity,where I could take steps and make decisions of my life without having to consider what the outcome of the decision will be and how it's going to impact in the lives of people around me that my identity is linked to theirs.

Although am still not sure of weather or nit the decision I made was right or wrong,one thing am sure of is that deep down I wasn't walking away from my marriage completely and I know I don't have the courage to walk out of Mahfouz's life,am not even sure what all this is going to lead to but what am sure of is that at least am going to live a free and happy life for a while!

I snapped out of my thought as I came to halt at a beautiful duplex which am sure is my destination stop according to the address I was following.The duplex was located inside a place that looked more like a resort,the place was beautifully decorated with some welcoming flowers with some cold welcoming fragrance.The resort was also quite big and was situated a little bit out of town cause it was almost an hour drive from my house although I wasn't speeding but I also wasn't driving slowly.

I instantly fell in love with the place cause it was quite and relaxing even though I could spot some few people here and there walking around and the people were mostly couples probably on short vacation or honeymoon.

I parked my car alongside the road and decided to walk down the beautifully lights street seeing as the place was getting darker.I walked straight up to a building which was labeled reception and that was where I was go enquire about the duplex I wanted to live in for a while,although I had already gotten. The necessary information about the place and I have already paid online,all I needed to collect now was the apartment key.

I met a nice young lady as the receptionist and collected the key from her as she explained to me the features of the booked suite.
"Ma'am your booked suite is a two flat duplex that consist of a well furnished lounge,two bedrooms,a well furnished kitchen and also a minimum backyard with the view of a beautiful garden and swimming pool,oh and there is constant electricity' 24/7." She explained handing over the key to me.

"Thank you."I said smiling warmly before I went back to the apartment.

And it was just I had expected,although there wasn't a parking space inside the place but a place has been provided for cars with maximum security.

I toured around the apartment after I went in with my luggage,everything was intact only that I would need to do some grocery shopping since I can't be buying food everyday provided there was a well furnished kitchen with electric gas and freezers,microwave and some other useful stuffs.

The toilet was also amazing and full equipped,I quickly took a shower,prayed and ate the food that was sent to me as a welcome gift which I really appreciated cause it was enough for me to eat before I go shopping probably tomorrow morning,hopefully they would have a shopping mall or provisionally store around.

I finally switched on my phone cause I've switched it off immediately I left,tons of notifications and messages popped in which mostly where from Mahfouz asking me where I was and that he was starting to get worried.I quickly put the phone on airplane mood cause the last thing I would want is for me to get traced!

I figured out it would be better and would make things easier if I inform Mahfouz about my decision and I decided to send him a text message.

"Assalamu Alaikum,Mahfouz am writing this to let you know that am okay where ever I am and am safe,it's my decision to go far away for a while cause am in need of peace of mind right now.I needed break from everyone and Alhamdulillah I think I've started getting that,you do not have to worry and please inform my parents about this and they shouldn't worry too,I would be gone for awhile but I wouldn't stay for too long.I would be back soon in shaa Allah,oh and forgive me for going without asking for your permission!"

I read through it one last time before I hit the send button and the I wrote mama a note also.

"Assalamu alaikum mama,am sure when this reaches you also you would have figured out I  left home,am sorry mama I know this is going to upset you,but I really need this mama.You please shouldn't worry yourself cause am safe around here and I promise I would be back soon.Am sorry."

I read through it also and then send it beforeI removed my SIM card I used in sending the messages and inserted a new one that I bought recently.

I slowly closed my eyes in hope of all this going well..........

Please read me🥺

Assalamu alaikum Wattpad fam❤️

Fam,I've started up a business oooo😂

I make yummy burgers and small chops that am sure you would enjoy.

Follow me up on Instagram @_burger_plus to see what am talking about.

Y'all should patronize me please 🥺🥺

😉😉😌☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

I know it's been a while but please be patient with me am going through a lot😢(abeg ignore me am being dramatic 😂)

Oh and did I told you guys I broke my phone's screen????💔💔🥺🥺💔😭😭😭😭(still being dramatic 😂).

I love you all❤️

Allah hafiz.