Chapter 12🍃

*5 months later*

"Aunty I was thinking if I could go home this weekend since we are on holiday."bintu said while she was helping me chop tomatoes in the kitchen.

"I thought you said you won't go until the wedding of that your friend."I said collecting the tomatoes that she just finished chopping and I added them into the pot of party jellof rice that I was cooking.

"Yes the wedding is next week ai that's why I want to go early."she said pleadingly.

"And when are you going to come back."I asked .

"Immediately after the wedding is over in shaa Allah ."she answered

"And when is that?."I asked again.

"Five to six days."she answered.

"Allah ya kaimu."I said before leaving the kitchen.

I felt sad cause in this past months,I grew so close and attached to bintu.

With everything that was happening around me bintu became my only support,she became my friend,a sister and also some one I could rely on to,not even my family supported me like she did.

I could remember five months ago when Mahfouz agreed to send me out of his house to live in his out house.I felt numb and emotionless not even aware of what to think or do.I decided to go home to my parents and take a break for a while with everything that was happening around me.

Immediately I went home their reaction broke my heart,I knew that place wasn't for me to stay and even if I was to stay then it won't be for long.Mami(my mother)supported me at first but then later changed her mind not to support me when one of her sisters lauratu.

According to my mother's sister lauratu,times have changed where wives would leave their husband's house and go back to their parent's just because they've offended them or they got married again.She said that now wives stay and fight for their rights in their husbands house,now wives don't allow another woman to drag them out of their house.

Mami then agreed with lauratu's perspective and asked me to go back to my husband's husband's house,my last hope was Abba(my father)and that hope shattered immediately he came back home from work later that day.He also agreed with them and said the best place for me was my husband's house since he hasn't divorced me and he wasn't the one that asked me to come back home.

He asked mama to escort me back to my husband's house the next day but mami said she couldn't face my in-laws after I had left them without informing them,then out of nowhere Mahfouz came!

I was relieved he came,at least I could believe that he cared since he came looking for me and I was happy I wouldn't go back on my own just as I had came,at least I could proudly stand and said my husband came after me to console me and take me back home,at least I won't go back with the shame that my husband didn't even care to follow me when I went back home.

At least I won't be taunted at because of the shame!

Mahfouz apologizes to Abba and told him he was helpless and that was why he mad that decision,mami also made me apologize for leaving the house out of the blue without informing him.Anty lauratu also came she made sure I promised not to leave my husband's house again through thick and thin and then she gave me some herbs that would be of my benefit and then we left.

The journey was a quite one ,I was waiting for Mahfouz to speak first but he didn't and I also kept mute then I became tired of being quite,I was never this quite when I was with him.I decided to talk to clear the awkward space between us.

"What have I done wrong to you."I asked him playing with my fingers.

"You left without informing me,do you even know how worried I was."he said and I could feel the frustration in his voice.

"Am sorry."I murmured tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Don't cry."he said holding my hand in his.

I felt safe when he held me,I felt all the love that we had rushing back to me,for the first time I regretted trying to leave the love of my life.

Yes,he's the love of my life!

"Am also sorry Sarah,I know I've not been just to you lately but just as I told Abba am helpless Sarah,you know how mama can be and the child Sarah! I love that child so much I don't want anything to happen to him,I promise you soon everything will come to an end,just please keep been patient and please don't ever try to leave me okay."he confessed with a shaky voice.

And that was when I made up my mind,Mahfouz is my husband and I wouldn't just let him go after all we've been through just to let him go over something like this.

I won't add to my flaws as a wife by leaving him!

And up till I've never taught of leaving again,Mahfouz has brought everything i would need at the out house from utensils to food materials he made sure I lacked nothing.
He would come after two two days and spend the night there even though mama had tried her best at first to stop him saying there is no one to look after Zulaiha when he's gone but he kept firm this time around and showed mama that was very wrong and Allah had forbidden and despise a man that doesn't do just to his wives.

I could see the love Mahfouz has for the unborn child whenever he's around me,now he talks of nothing but the child then Anty Lauratu came visiting one day,she also saw the love Mahfouz has for that child then she said to me

"Sarah the way to your husband's heart now is this child,join him in loving the child,show him that child is also your priority wholeheartedly,support his decisions regarding the child,I know it's not going to be easy but try doing this and in shaa Allah you are going to win back your husband's heart."

At first I hesitated,how could I love the child that from the day that the news of his pregnancy was announced till this day I haven't been at peace,I know I don't hate the child but still I can't like him that much but then I decided to give it a try.I decided to let go of all the hard feeling and focus on my goal to bring back my husband.

I started to briefly include the unborn baby on our day to day chat with Mahfouz,I would ask him how Zulaiha is dealing with the pregnancy and how she is feeling,I would ask what he is preparing for the child and often I would ask him if he has born the necessary things that would used by the child when he is born.At first he wasn't comfortable and won't speak much then he would change the topic but gradually he started opening up,he would tell me whenever he has bought something new to the child and seeks my advice whenever his going to buy something,he would call me up and ask me to choose what color will look.

Gradually i started getting his attention back.

"Anty what should I use for the salad."bintu asked

"Have you washed the salad properly?"I asked her walking back into the kitchen.

"Yes I even used vinegar to wash It how you taught me."she said grinning.

"Kin kyauta, lets use the French dressing."I said bringing the French dressing out of the fridge.

I quickly dressed the salad and put it back into the fridge before I went out of the kitchen.Seeing the time I rushed and took my bath cause Mahfouz would be at my side today,I got dressed in an A lined ready made gown that suited me beautifully.I sprayed my Arabian soft scent perfumes and applied some kohl ,powder and lipstick to my face before then I went back to the kitchen and lighted a charcoal and the I put my sudanese incense turaren wuta which its scent immediately filled the air.

Then I sat waiting for my husband to arrive....

Y'all I wanted to update for long wallah buh writers blog isn't helping at all🥺

Shaa I've mananged to write this and I hope you like it and enjoy🥰

Allah hafiz🙏🥰