Chapter 25🍃

Thank you @zulaiha1997,your comments gives me true happiness.❤️So also the rest I haven't mentioned,I will try my very best to be mentioning my favorite readers which are obviously the ones that always comment.

"Mama please."I continued pleading with mama to tell me what the discussion going on in Abba's(my dad) was about.

"I told you I don't know."mama said standing up to leave the room completely trying not to to laugh which made me even more nervous.

Two days later after I had allowed Marshall to meet with my father not knowing what the outcome cause Marshall had refused to tell me about what they had discussed and everyone else did the same.I kept asking mama but she would always find something to change or avoid the topic and to make things worst Marshal have been avoiding me ever since he always looks for a slight opportunity to end our conversation which made me panic a thousand times or more if it's even possible.And to make things even more worst baba received some visitors earlier today and according to mama they were from Marshal's family.

"Your father is calling you downstairs,wear a hijab he is still with the visitors."mama said disrupting me from my thought and then she zoomed out immediately without giving me the chance to ask what was baba calling me for cause am sure she is aware of everything going around.

With little to no energy,I slowly dragged myself to where I keep my hijabs and took a pretty long  one just as mama had stated and started heading downstairs hoping whatever was happening was in my favor cause I know whatever baba is intending to do he would surely do it without any hesitation and mama wouldn't say a word to object to whatever he decides because she is the real definition of a total submissive housewife,to her baba's words are always the final words even if it's at the expense of her happiness.

I stopped at the entrance of baba's sitting room ment especially for occasions like this where he has formal guest.I let out a sigh before I said my Assalamu Alaikum and then waited for a response before I heard baba's voice ushering me to come in.

I walked pass the door mat and some pair of shoes that I counted to be for atleast five people cause my eyes were plastered on the ground as I walk slowly inside the sitting room that I felt it was awkwardly quiet and I felt pairs of eyes on me.I finally found a spot not so close to anyone and then I squatted.I greeted baba first then everyone other person that I was sitting in the room.They were seven of them,baba was the first one I noticed then baba Sadauki(baba's elder brother),the third was Alhaji Turaki who happened to be Baba's childhood and closest friend.Then I saw some more three elderly men which I couldn't recognize and then my eyes dropped at the last person sitting on the soft rug just below the three elderly men and I eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing,yours truly Jalal Marshal.

"Halima you might or you might not know but we are all gathered here mainly because of you and this young man here Jalal.Few days ago,your father had informed me about how this wonderful man had came to ask your hand in marriage and honestly I have never been more happier.But seeing as this isn't your first marriage,it is your right to choose who so ever you would want to get married so and thus the reason we've called you here.Do you know this man?"Baba Sadauki spoke and then directed the last question towards me.

I was silent for a while and also confused,so this was what was going on yet no one told me about it.Not even Marshal,he refused to speak to me about it and instead was ignoring me low key.Everyone made me worry so much.

"My dear I know you must be shy but you are not a child anymore and it's your right we are giving you right now so please speak to us."I head Alhaji Turaki's voice speaking to me which interrupted me from my thoughts.