Chapter 4🍃

🥀Flaws of a wife🥀

           🥀chapter 4🥀

Life has been going on pretty well since after Mahfouz and his bride went for honeymoon.I spent most of my days going for shopping since money wasn't my problem,going to different types of restaurant and tried out their cuisine or am at home either cooking some new dish that I saw from the cooking shows or one that I read from a cookbook,or am at the balcony receiving fresh air,sipping some chilled drink while I read on some  romantic novel.

I've always been a fan of reading novels most especially romantic novels from Wattpad to be precise.Novels have always kept me occupied and have protected me from been depressed long time along.Wattpad had been my savior right from the beginning.

I sighed to the call of  Maghrib prayer by the Imam,I dropped my phone and went to perform an ablution,after I was done,I prayed and said the aftermath supplication and just then my phone started ringing mijina was boldly written on the screen of my iPhone Xmas.

"Assalmu Alaikum."I greeted immediately I answered the phone.

"Wa Alaikummussalam dear."he answered and I immediately felt the feeling of excitement within me that ignites when ever I hear his voice.

"How are you?"I asked folding the prayer mat and keeping it by the bed side.

"Am fine..how have you been?"he asked chuckling as if someone was tickling him.

"I've been alright."I answered and he couldn't even reply back.I heard him chuckling really loud this time and muttering with a low voice "stop it Zulaiha am on phone call." before the call disconnected.

I felt hot tears running down my eyes,it's been more than seven days since Mahfouz left for his honeymoon and he barely even called me.Whenever he would call he's always on a rush,it's either he's on a rush to go to a restaurant or a shopping mall with his darling wife.

I felt my heart ache cause it's hurt a lot to suddenly not been cared for by your husband.As far as I could remember Mahfouz has always tried his best to show me love and care since when we got married even though it was an arranged marriage,he never fails to treat me with respect not even for once.But suddenly everything  Mahfouz is gradually changing from the man I know and he is becoming something else.Back then whenever he was to travel to somewhere else without me especially his business meetings,he would always call me up more than once a day to check up on me and he does this every single day until he is back home but now he travelled for seven good days without him for once calling me and spoke to me for five good minutes without any interruption or him cutting of the call for some silly excuses of his.

"Assalamu Alaikum."I heard a loud voice greeting from downstairs that brought me back from my thoughts.

I hurriedly slipped on my slippers and went downstairs to check who was it that came.

"OMG!!!!please tell me am not dreaming."I yelled immediately as I saw who it was.

"You aren't dreaming girl it's really me."she said laughing as we hugged each other.

It was my bestie,my sister from another mother Munirah.

"Ya Allah!what a pleasant surprise girl,when did you even came in town."I said feeling so excited.

"Let me seat first da Allah cant you even offer me a seat."Munirah joked as she sat down on one of my expensive royal chairs.

"Sorry am just so overwhelmed.Now tell me when did you even came and why didn't you even inform me that you were coming."I asked putting a serious tune towards the end part.

"Well I just arrived now and I came cause I have a conference meeting to attend to and the amazing thing is that am spending three good days here."she beamed excited.

"You can't be serious am so happy wallah,but wait where is little Amna."I said asking about her daughter.

"I left little Amna back home with her grandparents,and now if you could please escort me to where am going to stay I really need to use to toilet and I haven't even prayed yet."Munirah said and I laughed.

I helped her with the trolley that she came with and escorted her to my room,there was no way I was going to let her sleep in the guest room caus she was my favorite and a sister that I never had.

After I had escorted her,I quickly came down to the kitchen and started cooking a simple dish.I cooked spaghetti with dried fish in it and I made a simple
Salad cause I knew it was Munirah's favorite.

"Where are you."I heard Munirah yelling from the parlor.

"Inside the kitchen."I yelled back at her and she came in.

"Ahhhh Good girl as if you knew I was damn hungry."she said taking some bunch of the remaining sliced cucumber that I used for the salad.

"Of course I knew you were hungry,you that eat every three hours."I teased her laughing.

"Whatever."she said rolling her eyes as she left the kitchen and sat on the dinning table.

"Clean the kitchen properly,make sure you wash the dishes thoroughly cause I used fish."I instructed my maid as I also left the kitchen and went to the dinning table.

Munirah had already served herself and started eating when I sat down.I also served myself and we ate while we talked about few things.

🍃🥀🍃🥀🍃🥀🍃🥀🍃🥀🍃

"Let me poor man be  maybe he has already fallen asleep,it's 1:30 already."I said to Munirah as I climbed the bed.

"Okay fine."she said giving up after she has been calling her husband but he wasn't picking up.

"Better."I said smiling.

"Am missing him alone wallah...I wished he had come with me,we would have been together in a bed cuddling each other probably in some five star hotel."Munirah blabbered shamelessly hugging a pillow.

"Ya Allah!you are so shameless wallah."I said putting the duvet on my body.

"Hey,won't you call up your husband?"she asked curiously as she joined me on the bed.

"Yes"I answered briefly closing my eyes.