Greetings From The Void!

Top pic credit: Nils_and_Geese

~ Three weeks ago ~

"K...Keigo....Keigo...please..."

The conversation continued to echo into my empty head for a countless amount of time. It's all I could think about, and sure maybe that's cause I've been in this strange limbo-for who knows how long, with nothing else to do. But, I also think it's cause that little dove is just too hard for me to forget.

"I-I just wanna know if you can feel me. If you can hear me. I-I just want you to know that you aren't alone. I'm here for you. I will always be here for you. I will always be in your corner, supporting you every step of the way...."

Can I hear you, Ari? No. Can I feel you? Well, not really. Not for the most part, anyways.

I can't feel your touch, the way I wish I could. I can't hear that voice, the way I so desperately want to.

However, for some reason, I can sense the vibrations of your words through that little feather you must still have with you. I haven't been able to feel it until today. Maybe you just needed to bring it close enough, so its sounds would be able to reach me strongly. I'm not sure.

But, I guess the short answer to your question, Chicky....is yes. I can feel you.

The moment you had entered, wherever I am, with your mom, I could sense your weak heartbeat. I couldn't feel your touch, but I could sense that you were running your fingers against that last feather you held onto, all throughout the war.

You never let it go, huh?

I could sense you sniffling. I could sense the sound vibrations of voice-your voice, because your sounds have a very specific pattern that I'd already memorized so long ago.

"Hi, Keigo." She had said.

Oh? Hey, little dove. How's it going?

I had felt the cobwebs of my sleeping head starting to blow away as I tried to force my sluggish mind to focus on translating the vibrations of Ari's shaky, tearful voice into words.

The sound of her speaking stimulated my sleeping brain. I could practically feel her words tapping against my skull in an attempt to force me awake somehow.

But, while my brain was finally starting to wake up a bit, my body was definitely not.

Sleep paralysis. I was paralyzed. I couldn't feel anything. Quite frankly, I didn't even know where I was. It felt like I was dead, and maybe I was.

Ah, but Ari's here. So, if I'm dead, I must be in heaven, cause she's an angel and that's where she'd be.

Heh, how's that for cheesy? Guess I still got it.

My head had already been tired just from trying to interpret that simple two word greeting from Ari. But, when I sensed her speaking again, you bet your feathered ass that I forced myself to take it in and translate it, so I could hold onto every single word.

And, I did. Damn, I really did.

I listened to how she regrets not running away together. Yeah, I'm a little sad that we didn't do that, too, baby. But, if we did, think about everyone else who would have died?

"But, then again....We both know that we care too much about the well-being of others to just...walk away like that."

Hey, I just said that!-or, thought that. See? I told you she's the only woman for me.

"Sammy told me how you finally stopped searching for me, just so that Tokoyami would leave the mansion and be saved. I know that couldn't have been easy for you, but....I just want you to know....how proud I am that you did that."