The Nest

Top pic credit: unknown. As always, tell me if you know

"Then, marry me." Keigo whispered softly against my ear, his voice full of warm passion that made my heart melt to mush.

He said the words just a tad louder than the, almost inaudible, volume our conversation had previously been at....clearly wanting to make sure I heard him correctly.

I hummed softly at his words, not needing to hear them a second time to believe he actually said them.

I know that he did.

But, wow.

Even though there wasn't a doubt in my mind that Keigo said the words, I couldn't deny the fact that he still took my breath away.

Needing a moment to process, I let my eyes fall closed...feeling shaky sighs leave my mouth as I tried to recover, a little.

My cheeks heated up. My heart began racing, and Keigo could sense it, as I suddenly felt his arms circle around my back a little tighter...holding me comfortingly, as he let me patiently take in the meaning of his words.

He chose to let me be the one to break the peaceful silence when I was ready, not uttering a word as he buried his face in my neck.

My arms encircled tighter around his neck, as I felt my head tilting up higher towards the sky.

Keigo was completely calm. His body fully relaxed. Our chest to chest position allowed me to feel the steady, slow beat of his heart. His other hand blindly came up towards my face, gently brushing his thumb across my hot cheeks tenderly. He was enjoying the moment.

And so was I.

Finally finding my words, I couldn't help the smile that had already started to make its way onto my face as I spoke.

"Is it just me, or did that sound like a proposal?" I chuckled softly, gently tangling my fingers into his hair.

I felt him smile against my neck upon hearing my words and my happy tone of voice, before he placed a chaste kiss under my ear.

"In a way, yes. But, please, chicky. You know my real proposal's gonna be better than this. You think I wouldn't get down on one knee and give you a ring? Of course I would." He said quietly, his voice coming out muffled against my skin.

I smiled warmly at his words, hugging him against me tightly.

"Just lost in the moment then?" I asked, closing my eyes in happy bliss.

Keigo finally lifted his face to look at me. I was surprised to see the heavy blush that tinted his cheeks, but he clearly wasn't embarrassed by his words in the slightest.

"No. Not lost in the moment-well, I mean...yeah, if you can't tell, I'm definitely lost in this moment right now. Heh, I'm even a little lightheaded from it, if I'm being honest. But, that's not why I asked you to marry me. I asked you, because I mean it. Regardless of the situation....regardless of whatever moment I'm living in...my feelings will always stay the same. I want you to marry me, Ari." He explained coaxingly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as he spoke the words.

His golden gaze shone brightly into my eyes, the pure, genuine happiness of it entrancing me in a way that made me never want to look away.