Just In The Neighborhood

Top pic credit: unknown

Ari POV: One month later.

"Endeavor, you've been training the boys for a month now. It's not as if stupid tactics like that will work on them anymore." I chuckled softly, shoving my hands deeper into the warm pockets of my coat to shield myself from the winter chill of the city.

Endeavor let out a stubborn grunt at my words, simply looking-or, rather glaring, around the bustling streets as the two of us waited for Deku, Shouto, and Bakugou to show up for the work day.

"I beg to differ. Sure, those brats may know what it's like to train inside a gym for four weeks straight, but this'll be their first patrol of the city. Things are different here, and I don't want them thinkin' they can just walk all over me like a field of daisies. I'm doing the thing." He gruffed out defensively, suddenly straightening up his standing posture as we spotted the three first years walking down the busy street sidewalk now.

I shook my head knowingly, letting out a tired sigh as I snuggled my chin deeper into the depths of my scarf.

"In what world would anyone look at you and think hey, let's just walk all over this guy like a field of daisies, huh? Fine, whatever. Knock yourself out." I mumbled in boredom, hearing Endeavor mutter a quick "quiet, here they come," to me as he got into character.

I raised a brow of cringe as I watched Endeavor's face quickly soften away all of the frown lines and glare wrinkles he forces on everyday, before a fake, much too happy, smile quickly made its way onto his face.

"Welcome! I'm Endeavor!" He smiled happily at the three first years, his slightly higher and over-friendly customer service tone of voice causing me to accidentally snort out a small laugh.

Welp, he did the thing.

I quickly shoved my scarf higher up my face to hide my grinning mouth, squeezing my eyes shut so I wouldn't lose it again over Sunshine Enji's ridiculous, stupid face.

The UA boys, already incredibly confused by the Flame Hero's fun change of attitude, barely had time to look over at me before Endeavor quickly switched back to his usual mean mug.

"Is that the warm welcome you were expecting? Well, tough squash for you, if it was..." He spat out roughly, causing me to silently cackle to myself again.

"Psst, did you just say tough squash, Endeavor? Careful, your boomer is showing." I whisper laughed to him, watching his eye subtly twitch in annoyance for me, before he started to give the boys an unnecessary talk about how unhappy he was with them being here.

Damn. I may not be qualified to be a mentor to Tokoyami, but at least I know I'm better than Endeavor.

Letting out a small groan of annoyance with Enji's antics so early in the morning, I slowly wandered a few feet away from the conversation...absentmindedly walking along the crack in the sidewalk as I patiently waited for him to finish his tough guy speech.

It's been a month since I arrived here at the Endeavor agency, and as expected of the number one hero's workplace, things have been incredibly busy.

After seeing how diligently and efficiently I get my work done, Endeavor quickly upgraded me from his intern to his personal assistant. Of course, he'd never admit that freely. I just assumed when he told me I'd be following him everywhere from now on, it meant I had more responsibility. And it definitely did.

Sure, I played a similar role at the Hawks Agency. I also followed Keigo around to all of his meetings, appointments, and patrols. But, of course, I had more fun there and before we even started dating, Keigo and I always spent most of the day just messing around and talking each other's ears off, since we're pretty close in age.