The Bird Speaks

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slit your god damn throat, Hawks." I stated lowly, keeping Keigo pinned tightly against the wall.

He was panting slightly as I continued choking him. I let a small amount of oxygen pass through his airways, but I didn't want to be too generous and give him an opening to get away.

"Heh...ah....I...well, I just think I have some explaining to do, y'know." He choked out in amusement, causing me to loosen my grip on his neck just a little more.

He took a big breath at the feeling, keeping his half lidded eyes on me.

I was about to continue threatening him, before a whimpy sneeze escaped me. Involuntarily, I sniffled slightly as my feverish chills started.

Keigo's bloody mouth curled into a small smile at my sound, clearly thinking it was more cute than menacing.

"Aw, I know you're sick. I can feel your fever from here. Hey, now that we're on the subject, I see unopened medicine on your desk. Why haven't you taken it yet, little dove? Why aren't you taking care of yourself?" Keigo asked casually, as if the past five or six days never even happened.

I sneezed again, ignoring his question as I tried to gain back my tough exterior.

"Shut up." I growled out, leaning closer to him to keep him pinned down tightly.

He remained quiet for a moment, looking right into my eyes.

Those gorgeous eyes of his. Damn.

I felt myself starting to get lost in them, and Keigo could tell as he tried to lean his face towards mine again.

This bastard is really trying to kiss me again-

"Will you stop doing that!! Seriously, what is wrong with you?!" I reprimanded him, quickly slamming him back against the wall.

He whined softly, easily allowing me to restrain him again. It didn't even seem like he was taking any of this seriously.

"I'm sorry! I can't help it. I just missed you too damn much. I've been literally dreaming about kissing you for days. My god, you're gorgeous." He stated boldly, daring to keep my eye contact as he licked his soft lips.

It's like his Hawks attitude is still going in full force, even though it's just the two of us...

Feeling more confused about this whole situation than anything, I quickly brought my hand up, slapping Keigo across the face in response.

Once again, he didn't give any signs of pain, simply nodding in understanding.

"Okay. I'll admit, I definitely deserved that-"

"You deserve a whole lot more than that, you sick bastard." I growled at him, watching blood starting to trail down his mouth and nose from my dagger hit earlier.

"Right, right. And I agree with you, chicky. I really do. But see, this whole thing? Yeah, it's a complete misunderstanding. I've been kinda trying to explain that to you for the past, I don't know how many, days. Sure, I still majorly fucked up and you can hate me for the rest of your life, but wow, I'm just so happy to see you alive. Thank goodness you're okay. Aw, baby I was so worried about you." He breathed out in relief, the genuine smile growing even wider across his face now.

Oh my god I'm so confused.

"What do you mean you're so happy to see me alive?! Not more than two days ago you were practically ready to put my head on a spit!! Now, you're trying to kiss me?! Who's side are you on here??" I called out in frustration, resisting the urge to push his messy hair away from his eyes.