Casual

Top pic credit: unknown. Tell me if you know

I glanced over at the clock in my office, checking the time for the countless time.

5:54pm.

Keigo was supposed to be back any minute, so we could complete this mission from Diane Himura.

Can't say I was looking forward to spending the night...in the cold...on a skyscraper. But, I was admittedly, looking forward to spending time with Keigo.

I heard the door suddenly open from the main room, causing me to immediately stand up.

"Hello? Keigs, you back?" I called out, quickly walking out of my office.

I was clearly taken aback when I was not met with the happy go lucky winged man, but instead...

A woman. Young. Beautiful-stunning, actually. Maybe just a few years older than me.

She saw me walk out of the office, immediately scanning her eyes down my face and body.

"Hi there! Hawks is out right now. I'm his intern. Can I help you?" I asked, shooting her a smile.

The girl simply scoffed, slowly sauntering over to me with her tall heels clicking and clacking along the way.

"Can I help you?" She countered over dramatically, giving me a threatening glare.

I stared at her, completely dumbfounded by what just happened.

"....What-I'm sorry, have we met before?" I uttered in confusion, not understanding where this hostile tone came from.

The girl simply shrugged, losing interest in me as she now began slowly walking around the cramped building.

"Yes, we have. Well, not directly. But, we've met. I see your type out there, everyday. Swooning over him like he's a god. Drooling and wishing he'd fall for you. Just like the others." She retorted mockingly, leaning against the kitchen counter.

She was clearly trying to be all vague and mysterious with her words. Plus, she was walking around very slowly, like some sloth who just smoked a fat joint. I think that was meant to make her look more threatening? But, I'm not sure honestly.

As much as I wanted to think of something super witty and awesome to say....I was so confused. So, the totally amazing comeback I ended up coming up with was...

"Huh...?"

"What I'm trying to say is, you're just another one of Keigo's fan girls." She pointed out matter of factly, walking back over to me now.

"No. I'm his intern. I thought I said that." I emphasized slowly, truthfully not understanding what she was getting at here.

She cleared her throat in frustration for me, trying to keep up her menacing facade.

"Well-Okay, in theory.....yes, you're his intern. But-"

"No. Like I'm actually his intern. He gave me this job. So, technically I am his intern.....in reality." I clarified cluelessly, noticing she was starting to fume at my lax behavior.

"God. I can see why he picked someone like you. You're practically...just like him." She seethed out through gritted teeth.

I felt myself starting to lose my patience with this woman. Waltzing in here like she owns the place. Please.

"I'm sorry, but who are you? Just get to the point of why you're here-" I began saying when the front door swung open.

"Ari, I'm back! Ready to...." Keigo started saying, immediately trailing off when he saw who was here.