Deeper And Deeper

Top Pic credit: KadeArt

Ari POV:

"And Ari, are you hydrating enough!? Oh, make sure you're taking care of the cut on your face, so it doesn't scar! And get enough sleep! You know how much I worry about your health, sweetie-" my mother continued rambling into the phone.

"Mhmm. Yep. Oh yeah. Got it. Especially that." I responded absentmindedly, typing away on my computer as I kept her on speaker.

Keigo quickly caught my attention, walking out of his office room, whistling a happy tune as he sauntered over to the tiny kitchen area.

While I had my own office, here at the Hawks Agency, I preferred being out in the main room. Not only was there more light, but it's also where the food was.

He nodded to me casually, as he opened the fridge to find something to eat.

"And did you get the package I sent you? Also, remember not to eat anything with nutmeg because you're allergic. Are you feeling okay mentally-" my mother continued rambling, having a conversation with herself at this point.

"Yup. Oh, of course. You got it. Sounds great." I responded, continuing to type up my homework on my computer.

Keigo looked over at me now in amusement, seeing that I wasn't listening to anything she was saying.

"Is that your mom again?" He whispered to me, so my mom couldn't hear him.

"Yep." I immediately responded, shaking my head slightly.

He's heard my conversations with my mother a few times now, and always found them to be quite humorous.

"Hi, Mrs. P. How ya doing?" Keigo suddenly blurted out, causing me to shoot him a light glare.

My mother's rambling immediately ceased upon hearing another voice in the mix.

"Is that....Hawks!?? Oh hi, sweetie! How are you?" My mother exclaimed, clearly more excited to talk to him than me.

"Yeah, it's Hawks." I exclaimed with empty enthusiasm, as Keigo grabbed my phone off the table, to talk with my mother.

He's done that a few times now. My family were already fans of him, before I started working at the agency. So, they were over the moon that he wanted to speak with them, whenever they called.

I watched him saunter over to the couch, lazily kicking his feet up on it. It was his agency, after all.

"I'm pretty good! How're things going over at the Parker front? Hey, mind if I come visit sometime?" He asked, throwing his head back against the couch.

"Yes! Yes! Anytime you'd like to come visit, you're welcome here. Maybe next time my little booger comes home, you can come with her, and check out the town!" My mom exclaimed, making me groan loudly at the pet name she always used for me.

"Mom!! Get off the phone!!" I exclaimed from across the room, feeling my cheeks heating up.

"She is a little booger, isn't she!?" Keigo called out cheerfully, clearly egging on my mother to say something else embarrassing about me.

"Stop encouraging her!" I said to him, starting to walk over now.

"Ohh, yes she is! Did Ari tell you how she got that nickname?" My mother giggled, making my heart jump slightly.

I ran over to the couch now, trying to grab my phone out of Keigo's hand.

"No!! Don't tell the story!!" I yelled, lunging at Keigo to grab my phone.