A Silent Cry For Help

Top pic credit: unknown. Tell me if you know

"Hey, chicky. I know you don't like horror movies, but that new one just came out in the theatre. We should go see it. That way, I'll also have an excuse to hold you close again, when you get scared." Keigo hummed, lazily reaching his fingers towards the sky to trace the constellations.

I continued typing on my laptop, adjusting the radio wires, to try and get a better reading on any activity going on inside the warehouse.

"When I get scared? Excuse me, do you not remember what happened the last time we saw a scary movie? You almost cried when a chicken-a random chicken, might I add, was dismembered, and proceeded to hide your face in my chest for the rest of the film." I explained in amusement, pulling the hood of my sweatshirt up to shield myself from the cold, ocean air.

"Yeah, but I wasn't scared. I just wanted to take a nap on your boobs." He grinned, using his wing to shield his face from the handful of sand I threw at him.

Keigo and I had been staking out the warehouse on the coast for about an hour, and so far I've found absolutely nothing involving league of villains activity.

I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't a little frustrated with myself. I worked day and night to figure out Dabi's meeting pattern, and it's turning out to be all for nothing.

But, still. It's only been an hour past his scheduled time. I need to stay positive. Right...?

"Damn it, Dabi. Where the hell are you." I groaned softly, flipping through my notebook again to check the profile notes I've created on him.

Keigo rolled onto his side to face me, watching me stressfully flip through my notebook.

"Don't sweat it, little dove. Maybe he'll still show up. If he does, we'll be ready." Keigo reassured positively, floating a feather onto my cheek.

I shook my head softly, continuing to look at the data I've created, as Keigo's feather gently traced my features.

"I dunno, Keigs. Dabi's meeting was scheduled for an hour ago-or, so I thought. I'm starting to think I was wrong. That's really unfortunate, too. I thought maybe I'd be able to finally expose, not only Dabi, but also the guy he's meeting with. The traitor." I mumbled, placing the headphones back around my ears to track any sound waves.

However, my headphones were gently yanked off my ears, as Keigo twirled them around his finger.

I wasn't even mad about it. I've pretty much lost hope for this stakeout, already.

"Hm? I'm sorry, chicky. But....what did ya say?" Keigo asked nonchalantly, watching me start to shiver from the cold breeze.

In the next instant, his big vermilion wing wrapped around my body, curling snuggly against my figure. Just like that, I was already warm again.

"What did I say?" I asked, finally looking away from my laptop to face him.

His wing scooted my body across the sandy floor, so I could be closer to him.

"You said something about a traitor? What's that all about?" He uttered softly, gently tracing his fingers on my knee.

Whoops.

The traitor. Aizawa said I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about the traitor.

Oh, whatever. It was just Keigo. I trust him.

"Ah, well apparently there's a traitor among the heroes-but don't go running that big mouth and tell anyone. That's confidential information. The only people who know about it are me and Mr. Aizawa." I explained, watching his eyes close tiredly.