Words Of Poison

Top pic credit: unknown. Tell me if u know

Hawks POV:

Tex Message sent to: Unknown

We need to talk. Now.
4:47pm

Text Message from: Unknown

Figured. Meet at the usual spot in 10 minutes or I'm leaving.
4:47pm

I quickly cleared my throat, walking next to Ari as she was being taken away on the gurney.

"Hey, I'll meet you at the hospital in a few hours, okay?" I mumbled, looking at Dabi's message again to make sure the time was correct.

Shit. Eight minutes. I only had eight minutes to get to the meeting spot!-

"You should really get checked out for that cut on your forehead." Ari suggested, looking at me in worry.

It was only then that I noticed the stinging in my eyes, courtesy of the warm blood that was dripping into them.

I've been so wrapped up in this Dabi thing, and taking care of my injured comrades, that I haven't even had time to wipe the blood from my own face.

6 minutes till the meeting with Dabi.

"Right. And I will, but I just need to take care of some stuff first." I mumbled, about to walk away before I realized that probably sounded too suspicious.

"R-Reporters, and stuff like that. I'll see you later, okay?" I said dismissively, completely blowing Ari off as I briskly walked away.

God, I felt like such a dick.

It hurt. Lying to her, I mean. I'm not sure why, since I seemed to be okay with lying to every other person in my life. But, with her....it was different.

I don't know. Maybe it's because I watched her almost sacrifice herself to save me, a few hours ago. No one's ever done something like that for me....put their life on the line for my sake.

Sure, I'd do it for someone else in an instant. I have, countless times. I was willing to die for Endeavor today.

But.....seeing someone else do it for me.....seeing someone care enough to do something like that....

It warmed my heart. But, it also terrified me.

I can't seem to shake the image of Ari's state, when I first found her after the Nomu fight.

She was unconscious, and no one was around at the time. I was panicking big time, shaking her vigorously to wake her up. My voice had been cracking when I spoke to her, my throat felt tight and my chest felt heavy.

She looked dead....lying there, unconscious in a pool of her own blood, covered in broken glass and building bricks.

Seeing Endeavor, lying a few feet away from her, forced me to calm down. I didn't want anyone to see me timid and anxious, especially not him.

What hurt me the most about Ari's injuries...was the fact that they were my fault.

As soon as that Nomu came into view at our lunch meeting, I knew I was fucked.

I knew right away that it was Dabi who sent it, and I knew Endeavor and Ari would have to fight and make up for my lapse in judgement.

I'm sorry, guys. I'm sorry you had to pick up my slack today. Thank you for surviving. Thank you....for helping me.

I swept all of my vulnerable thoughts to the back of my mind, as I walked down the dangerous, eery alleyway.

Seriously. I'm surprised I'm not dead yet, with the way I've been putting my neck out on the line, lately. Oh well. I'm sure it will happen soon enough. I know I'm going to die, doing this job. At this point, it's just a matter of when.