How Far Will You Go?

Top pic credit: KadeArt

I groaned loudly in frustrated sadness, running my hands roughly through my hair.

"Oh, come on!!!! You're overreacting, Diane!!" I screamed out in fury, more mad at myself at this point.

Diane held back a smile, as she watched me falling apart right before her very eyes. This is what she was waiting for, and she got it. She won.

"I'm overreacting? That's funny." She muttered, not being able to stop a soft giggle from slipping through her mouth.

I slammed my hands on the table, feeling tears starting to cloud my eyes.

"Why. WHY WON'T YOU EVER FUCKING LISTEN TO ME!!? WHY WON'T YOU EVER HEAR ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!" I screamed again, digging my nails into the wooden table.

"Well, we don't have to worry about that anymore, right? You quit, remember? I want your letter of resignation on my desk tomorrow morning. Your family is to be out of the Tengoku mansion by Friday. Good day, Ari Parker. It's been a pleasure working with you." She departed professionally, making me immediately turn around.

Goodbye, pride.

"W-Wait-" I trembled, walking towards her.

"I don't have to wait for someone who doesn't work for me anymore."

I began full on crying now, as I reached out for her hand.

"No, no, n-no!! Diane, please. Don't do this. Please, I-I'm begging y-you. P-Please-" I sobbed out, before I felt a massive stinging whip across the side of my cheek.

Oof. I've been bitch slapped.

I stumbled backwards from the unexpected force, tripping over one of the office chairs and landing in a broken slump on the floor.

It was silent for a moment, the only thing filling the room, being my soft sobs.

"Don't ever touch me again." Diane said lowly, before walking back over to me.

I continued laying face down on the floor, feeling my body racking viciously, as I realized my life was over.

In the next instant, I felt my hair harshly yanked off the floor as Diane brought me close to her.

She studied my mess of a state, smiling as she realized she broke me.

"Shhhh." She cooed out, wiping the continuous waterfall of tears that came from my eyes.

I felt her arms wrap around me in a cold embrace, only making me cry harder as I realized she was giving me a second chance. I couldn't necessarily say I was crying, because I was happy either.

"Do you see what you make me do to you? This is your fault, Ari. Why do you do this to yourself? You think you can make it out there on your own, but you can't. You understand you need me, don't you?" She whispered softly, caressing my tangled hair.

My harsh sobs turned into hyperventilation, preventing me from answering her.

Diane hummed sweetly, forcibly grabbing my hand in hers as she held my broken body in her arms. I didn't have the energy to move, as I remained limp, letting her hug me.