Feathers

Top pic credit: unknown. Tell me if you know

I've been sitting-no, shivering, in this freezing room for hours. My nose is starting to become runny, so I'm sure I'm catching a cold.

As much as I should probably go to sleep, I just couldn't bring myself to do so.

Thoughts of my family and friends clouded my head.

My mom. My dad. My brother. Nejire. Mirio. Tamaki.

I wonder what they're all doing right now. Do they even know I'm missing? I'm sorry, guys. I'm sorry I couldn't do better.

My brain, and unfortunately....my heart, couldn't help but reflect back on my time with Keigo. From that first day I walked into his office. He was so handsome, it made me nervous. I already knew, in the back of my mind, that I'd end up falling for him. I just couldn't stay away, and admittedly....I didn't want to. I couldn't help myself when it came to him. Our shameless flirting, which we both believed to be harmless, even though it wasn't....to our almost kisses and electric touches.....the moments at the Hawks agency when he made me happy, the times his eyes would crinkle up when I said something that made him laugh. The silly dance....when we both went with different people, even though we wanted to go with each other. Our amazing first kiss. I still remember how gentle he was with me....how soft and wonderful his lips felt against mine...

Ah, I still want to kiss him again.

The little moments. His effortless ability to make me feel like the most beautiful, most important girl in the world. The times we opened our hearts to each other. The moment we said our I love you's...

Was it really all a lie?

Guess it doesn't matter anymore, huh. Actually, it's not even a question on whether or not Keigo was lying to me the whole time. I mean, the answer to my question lies right here. Right now. In this moment.

He's delivered me to die. To become evil. To become a monster.

Boy, oh boy...how different my life would be if I'd never accepted his offer to come work at the Hawks Agency.

If I'd never gone into the west wing of that stairwell, the day I was training with Ryukyu's team, and ran into him.

If I'd never fallen so completely, and utterly in love with him.

Guess I'll never know. It's too late for that now.

Sigh. Good times. Happy times. I really took my life for granted.

Here I am, chained to a chair, with quirk restricting handcuffs on my hands and feet. I've gone over every possible escape route in my head, but I can't do anything when I'm tied up like this. It's not physically possible for me to get out.

I think it's really the end for me this time. I'm sorry I couldn't do better.

I'm sorry I couldn't be anyone's hero.

Letting out a deflated sigh of defeat, I blankly continued staring at the ground...hoping that maybe I'd be able to fall asleep and forget all of this. Even if it's just for a little while.

I closed my eyes, trying to force myself into unconsciousness....

Tap.

I crinkled my nose upon feeling something tickle it, realizing that the biggest torture of this entire situation, is that I'm not able to scratch my itches any time they come about...because I'm tied up. UGH.

I squeezed my eyes shut tighter, trying to ignore the fuzzy feeling that made me want to sneeze-

Tap.