Mirror Image

Top pic credit goes to: kadeart
***********************************************

Keigo POV:

"Hey, Toga, pass the chips, will ya? I always gotta munch on something when I'm nervous!" Twice exclaimed with a pout, quickly plopping down next to me on the tiny couch.

I let out a small wince at his action, giving him a friendly shove to the side.

"Ayy, Twice....how many times do I gotta tell ya to watch the wings, man?" I reprimanded lightly, prying my fierce feathers out from underneath his big bottom.

"If they get in the way so much, then maybe it'd be better if you just didn't have them." Dabi chimed in rudely from the corner of the room, causing me to roll my eyes in deteriorating patience at the simple sound of his voice.

But, before I could retort with a reply...

"Ah, Dabi, don't be like that! You're always so mean to Red, while he's nothing but good to you-and why are you standing in that corner, anyways? I know the couch space is a little cramped, but you can sit on my lap, if you'd like!" Twice suggested innocently, causing Toga and I to immediately break out into snickering laughs.

A small sizzle of flames could be heard from Dabi's corner of the room, as he remained unmoving from his spot.

"No thanks, you perverted Santa Claus. I'd rather burn off my fucking eyeballs, than sit on your lap." He started off blandly.

"Oh, you would now? Lemme know when you do that, so I can watch." I chimed in with a cheeky smirk, giving my arms a lazy stretch over my head to get more comfortable on the crowded couch.

Twice immediately face palmed at my words, frantically waving his hands around to try and keep the peace, somehow.

"Guys, guys, guys! Look, I know things have been a little tense between you two, for the past few months-and you still won't tell me why-but, come on! We're all family here! And we're all here for the same purpose today!" Twice explained, before he quickly clicked the volume of the television up to full blast.

"To watch Ari graduate!" Toga chimed in with a cheer, keeping her wild eyes glued to the tv screen to catch the first glimpse for Ari's appearance.

The simple mention of Ari's name was enough to make my heart secretly flutter, as it wasn't a name I've heard for three months straight.

But, even though I haven't been able to speak much about my chicky, there's no way in hell I could ever forget a day like today.

Today is the day of Ari's graduation from UA, and the day she is set to give her first speech as the number eight pro hero of Japan.

I've been mentally counting down the months, weeks, and days to this event, because it will be the first time in forever that I'll finally be able to see her.

Sure, it's not as if I'm able to go there in person and literally see her. But, if this is as close as I can get to laying eyes on that beautiful face? Well, then you bet I'll take it.

And even though today's supposed to be an extremely happy day for Ari and her career, I can't help but feel bittersweet about it all. More bitter than sweet, if I'm being honest.

The main reason, being that Diane's threat from one month ago has been running through my head on a constant loop of repeat...

"Here's my deal for you, Keigo. You get me Shigaraki's location. Get me the name of the hospital he's undergoing his treatment at, any time before the day the war is set to begin, and I will cancel Ari's involvement in the mission."