Us vs. Them

Top pic credit: unknown

"Okay, I probably go left on this next turn I assume-"

Nudge Right.

I rolled my eyes, wondering how the hell I've managed to misread every possible turn in this place. Seriously, it's almost like wherever I tell Keigo I'm going to go, he purposely drags me in the opposite direction.

"Fine. Here, I probably make a right then-"

Nudge left.

Holding back a loud groan of annoyance, I simply trekked on through the dark, eery hallway...holding my breath and hoping I wouldn't run into a villain along the way.

Keigo's little feather has been guiding me through the vicinity for probably thirty minutes now. I had no idea where him and Twice were, or how Keigo was managing to keep him busy. But, judging by the gradual increase of nudges from his feather, urging me to go faster, I could tell my window of opportunity was closing very quickly.

Nudge forward. Nudge forward. Nudge forward. NUDGE FORWARD-

"Okay, pigeon shit! I get it, I'll pick up the speed." I hissed at his feather, starting to jog down the hallway.

My muscles were creaking. My feverish chills were getting worse. I haven't eaten in days and I haven't slept.

But, I can do this.

And as much as I don't want to admit it, I'm not doing it alone. If Keigo continues doing what I think he's doing, in helping me....we're doing this together.

Ugh. Well, isn't that adorable.

Him and I versus the villains. Us versus them. I can only hope that's what's happening here.

After a few more minutes of clueless running, Keigo's feather quickly pulled back on my ragged shirt. I felt like a horse being pulled back by my reigns.

The scarlet feather quickly floated up to my face, giving me a gentle tap to grab my attention.

"What is it, Keigs?" I muttered, looking around to see if I could spot what he wanted me to see.

The soft fluffs of his feather tickled my jaw, as he turned my face in the opposite direction I was looking. Figures.

I narrowed my eyes in focus, seeing a beaten white door at the corner of the dark hallway.

Oh, yes!! I bet that's the weapons room. Damn, I can only imagine the violent things those villains are packing in there. Something in that room will most definitely be useful to me.

Nice work, Keigo. You dumb bastard.

"Yes. Finally." I whispered into his feather, before quickly making my way to the door.

I waited outside as Keigo's feather slipped under the door to ensure no one was in the room. A few moments later, he was back on my shoulder, nudging me forward.

I hesitated for a moment, feeling a little unsure.

Okay, time to take another leap of trust with him. There could very well be someone in this room, and Keigo's setting me up.

But, I need to at least try if I want any chance of surviving.

But....just for good measure...

"If you're setting me up right now, I will haunt you after I die." I begrudgingly mumbled to his feather.

Gritting my teeth together in stressful anticipation, I forced myself to open the door, quickly scanning the room for any villains.