Blindfolds Removed

Ari POV:

The fact that I'd just gotten shot caused my vision to begin blurring white, and my ears to ring loudly.

And the fact that, through my hazy eyes, I vaguely saw my little brother, Sammy, be the one to come out of nowhere and forcefully redirect Diane's lethal gunshot, from my forehead, into a less severe one, into my shoulder, had me feel as if I'd officially gone crazy with unrealistic hallucinations.

He's alive. He must have made it to the staircase, before the top floor collapsed.

I felt my eyes wide with shock as my body remained frozen in place for a moment, attempting to go fully catatonic on me at this sudden, unexpected turn of events.

Diane Himura just shot me? She just tried to kill me? And she would have succeeded, had Sammy not interfered at the last moment?

Why?

The room began spinning furiously in my vision as I attempted to shuffle around on the floor, trying to find movement within my limbs once again so I could stand up.

But, from Keigo's perspective-wherever he was in this destroyed, smoking room, I hadn't moved since Diane shot me. I was currently lying limp on the ground with blood from my shoulder slowly seeping out onto the concrete floor.

"ARI!!! O-OH MY GOD-NO!!! P-Please-No, no, no-ARI, LOOK AT ME!! OVER HERE, ARI! EYES ON ME!!! Y-YOU'RE OKAY!! COME ON, GET UP!!" I heard Keigo screaming in utter desperation from wherever he was, the sound of aggressively shifting rubble making me realize he was trying to break himself free from his place in the caved-in room.

I forced my limbs to move, so he'd know I'm alive for now, gasping in panic as I saw Sammy tackle Diane off me and to the floor-his fourteen year old self committing to the action of trying to pry the loaded gun out of her hands.

Well, that will end poorly.

"S-S-Sammy, no. Get out of here. G-Go find....c-cover..." I shivered out in shock, feeling my body suddenly freezing in the sweltering room as I attempted to crawl towards him.

But, Sammy was determined to protect his big sister, not giving up on his vigor in doing so.

"D-D-Don't touch her, Diane!! I won't let you!!!-Ari, this is what I was trying to tell you!!!" Sammy yelled out in utter panicked fear, too inexperienced to hold his own against Diane as he naively took his eyes off her to check on my well-being-

"Ugh. Get off me, you little, quirkless piece of shit! You should have died in this mansion hours ago!" Diane spat out in pure frustration, pistol-whipping the hilt of her gun across Sammy's cheek as hard as she could.

He groaned in pain, as Diane slammed her knee into his stomach, sending him off her body and flying across the room.

The sight caused my eyes to widen and my adrenaline to quickly spike my consciousness back to fight or flight mode, as I forced myself to try and get to my unstable feet with all my leftover strength.

The ground was still rumbling, the room was shaking. And even though the top floor was the only floor in this building to collapse so far, it's obvious to see that the rest of the place isn't far off from doing the same thing.

"S-S-Sam...." I wheezed out inaudibly, voice thick with smoke inhalation and heavy breathing, before Diane's voice over spoke my own.

"Fine. Let's kill two birds with one stone now, shall we? After all, that's what I was hoping to achieve today, anyways." She huffed out with a shrug, not having the time to get to her feet as she pointed her gun at Sammy from the floor.