Crumble

Top pic credit: KadeArt

~ A/N: This is an important chapter, so I wanted to be as thorough as possible. In order to do so, I will be switching between Ari's POV and Hawks' POV. Hawks' POV will just be a showcase of his inner thoughts. I felt that making another chapter, with just his thoughts, would be too repetitive for the upcoming context, so I decided to fit it into one chapter. I hope you enjoy what's to come, and thank you for reading :) ~

Ari POV:

"Will you stop!?" I called out, raising my voice slightly.

"Stop what!?" He replied, matching my tone.

"Acting like you don't know what I'm talking about! I'm not one of your fan girls, okay? You can't play stupid with me." I countered, storming over to him.

Keigo pushed himself off the wall, so he could stand up straight.

"News flash, sweet cheeks. I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not a fucking mind reader, okay?" He stated calmly, trying to hold onto his chill.

"You're a tease, Keigo. You're a tease, and you're the one who likes the attention." I stated matter of factly, deciding to just be direct with him.

He didn't even look surprised by my words, yet still feigned ignorance.

Keigo POV:

Of course I like the attention, Ari. I like the attention from YOU. I know you like me. And because I like you too, I enjoy when you show me that you care.

Ari POV:

"Don't know where you got that idea." Keigo dismissed, walking over to the window.

I looked at him in pure disbelief now, deciding to tell him how it is.

"Oh!? You don't know? Really? Shall I enlighten you of the evidence?!" I called out, causing him to start walking away from me.

Keigo POV:

Ari, don't make this harder than it already is. Please.

Ari POV:

"I'm done talking about this with you." Keigo retorted, already knowing where this was going.

"I'm sure you are. Typical player. Lead 'em on, and fuck with their feelings. You know, you're really good at that." I chuckled dryly, starting to gather up my stuff so I could head out.

Keigo POV:

You really think I'm trying to lead you on....? Big misunderstanding there, chicky.

Ari POV:

"What!?" Keigo called out in disbelief, walking back over to me.

"Is that what you think!? You think I'm playing you?!" He asked, his voice raising slightly.

"Oh, I don't think. I know you are, Keigo. I know you're playing me, and for some fucked up, twisted reason...I continued to hang around you. I can see the look in your eyes. You know how I feel about you. I know you do. And yet, instead of swinging one way or the other, you choose to string me along so I can be your cheerleader!" I yelled, throwing my hands up in frustration, before folding up my gown from last night.

"Hey! Wait a minute, wait a minute. I've been making myself perfectly clear with you. I told you we're just friends. I took a different girl to the ball, I've been giving you constant reminders of where we stand." He retorted, finally acknowledging the elephant that's been in the room, since the first time we've met.