Moon Peace Of Mind

Top pic credit: unknown

"Still stiff as a board, huh?" Keigo laughed, as we began flying around the night sky.

My eyes were squeezed shut, and my body was completely tensed up. I guess I wasn't as used to the flying thing as I thought.

"W-What?! Me!? N-No way! I...love this." I stuttered out in deflated enthusiasm.

"You're a horrible liar." He chuckled, wrapping his arms tighter around my waist.

"Sorry. I guess I'm just still thinking about how high up we are." I muttered sheepishly, keeping my eyes closed.

I heard Keigo hum lightly, the vibration from his chest tickling my shoulders blades. He quickly lifted up one of my headphones, getting incredibly close to my ear.

"You're overthinking it. Don't focus on the parts that make you scared. Focus on the parts that you enjoy." He whispered into my ear, causing a flustered shiver to run down my spine.

His breath was so warm in contrast to the cold wind. His stubbled chin lightly grazed my jaw line. I was definitely enjoying that-

"Like, look over there. At the moon. Isn't it beautiful?" He breathed out, pointing to the milky full moon that was practically within our reach.

Now that I think about it, the moon did look quite majestic tonight. It gave off a beautiful, illuminated glow that lit up the city below.

"Yeah.....yeah, it's perfect. And, do you see the clouds behind it? Even though it's dark, the light from the moon still makes them look so fluffy." I smiled, keeping my gaze to the dreamy clouds.

"Why don't we go see?" He suggested, resting his chin on my shoulder.

God, he was so close to me. I couldn't even deny that I liked it.

"Don't we have a mission to do?" I asked in amusement, as Keigo's wings began to flap stronger than before to get us higher into the air.

"Eh. Details, details." He dismissed, the smile present in his voice.

I held onto his arms tightly as we ascended into the clouds, the dewy vapor of them immediately hitting my face.

I couldn't stop the giant smile from spreading across my face, as we soared through the clouds

"Woah!!! Oh my gosh!! This is amazing!" I exclaimed excitedly, looking at the endless scenery of magical, swirled clouds, completely illuminated by the moonlight.

It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen, flying through the clouds at night. It was a completely different world up here. So peaceful. So mystical. So majestic.

Keigo chuckled at my newfound excitement, slowing his flight pace so we could soar through them a little longer.

"It is, isn't it? Flying at night is one of my favorite things to do. I find it so amazing how the clouds look so fluffy, but they're really nothing more than vapor when you try to reach out and touch them. I don't know....I think there's something magical about that." He explained, reaching his gloved hand out towards the translucent vapor.