Small Slips

Top pic credit: unknown. Tell me if u know

"Ari.......Ari, come on.....wake up." I heard someone say faintly, causing me to barely regain consciousness.

"Hmm..." I groaned out weakly, not wanting to wake up right now.

The person lightly began smacking my cheek now, clearly trying to bring me back into the real world.

"Good, there we go. Now, you're getting there. Ari. I'm gonna need you to open your eyes, kay? Can you do that for me? Just-fwoop! Flutter 'em open. C'mon. You can do it." The person said in my ears, their voice coming out fuzzy.

Huh. That sentence sounded so familiar. I swear I've heard it before. But where?

"Open your eyes, Ari. Open them big and wide for me." The person whispered to me, lightly caressing my face.

Again. So familiar. Where have I heard that before-

The boy.

That's right. The boy who saved me, all those years ago. He's the one who told me that-

Open your eyes, Ari.

The angel in the sky. I see him.

Wake up.

I finally remember what he looks like.

"Wake up." The person uttered into my ear gently, rubbing my shoulder.

The shoulder rub. The words. The voice.

The face.

That mysterious silhouette from all those years ago was finally starting to come to light, within my mind.

There he was....I could almost make out his face.

My angel in the sky is here, and it's-

"HAWKS!" I gasped out, snapping my eyes open.

I immediately tried sitting up, only to feel two hands rest on my shoulders. My head immediately began throbbing in pain, as I realized I was finally conscious again.

Huh. It was just a dream.

"Woah. Hey, it's just me. It's Hawks. You're safe." Hawks said to me gently, softly lowering me back down.

"W-What...?" I mumbled dazedly, feeling his hands rub my shoulders in a soothing motion.

"You're alright. The fight is over. Endeavor beat the Nomu." He quickly explained, before another loud groaning sound interrupted him.

"Barely. I wouldn't call that an absolute victory. I was a slow starter." Endeavor scoffed a few feet away, holding a drenched bloody towel to his face.

Endeavor? How did he get here?

As if sensing my dazed confusion, Hawks quickly explained.

"Endeavor crash landed conveniently close to where you landed. I gathered the two of you up, so I can keep an eye on you guys, until the ambulance gets here. Sorry." He said sheepishly to Endeavor and I, flashing a small smile.

What the hell is he apologizing for?

"I'm still standing. There's nothing to be sorry for." Endeavor nodded, before lifting his fist into the air weakly.

"Hey, that's All Might's pose. So, is that gonna be the official number one hero pose then?" I rasped out in weak excitement.

"Right!? That's what I said. It is All Might's pose, isn't it?!-" Hawks started saying, before Endeavor quickly cut him off.