XXX

*Basically what the house looks like, except the whole thing is made of the brick, and there are more tree's on either side of the house that open up into the beach. The living room talked about is the back living room.

I stared at the man at the bottom of the steps. For the first time since being brought to his home, he was wearing something other than his usual black suit. Now he was wearing jeans and an olive green t-shirt. The fabric didn't hide his muscular physique at all, but brought out the tanned color of his skin. It reminded me of the pre-killing Dominick I had loved.

Looking up as I approached, he smiled softly.

"You look lovely today." He pulled me into his embrace and kissed me tenderly on the top of the head. Without thinking, I raised my hand and felt his forehead with the back of my hand. He felt normal.

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're not wearing a suit, and your being extremely sweet."

"Well, I love you, a lot so that's why I'm being sweet. And, you're in jeans and a sweater, basically the same thing. So why is it wrong for me to wear it?"

"Uh, because you're you and I'm me."

He took a deep breath and I was sure he was going to get irritated. Yet, the smile never faltered.

"I just wanted a relaxing day with you and felt like wearing something more comfortable. Is that so wrong?"

"I guess not."

"Good, cause I have some plans laid out for us."

"Are we leaving this house?"

"We are," his smile grew, "Just you and me. No bodyguards."

"You're kidding me."

"Nope." He grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers, "Today I am not Dominick Genovese and you are not Caliana Young. We are just Dominick and Cali. Two young people in love."

"Who are you and what have you done with Dominick?"

"I am right here...but I mean, if you want I can go switch back to my suits, and go to my office. I do have some crates of guns that need to be sold. There are also a few contract killings that I need to look over before the orders are put in."

Forcing a smile, I gripped his hand tightly, and started pulling him towards the door, "So are the plans for the day a surprise, or are you going to tell me during the drive?"

"It's a surprise." He chuckled.

As we stepped outside, I spotted a solid black car purring quietly at the bottom of the steps. The windows were completely tinted, making it impossible to see inside. It looked like an expensive ride, but knowing Dominick, he probably came upon it without spending any money on it. No Cali, I smiled as he moved ahead of me and opened the car door, He's trying to make this a nice day. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

After he closed my door, he moved around to his own side, slid in, and then shifted the car into drive and pulled away from the house. Just like yesterday evening, seeing the place disappear was like a breath of fresh air. As we moved farther away, he grabbed my hand, entwined our fingers, and gently pressed his lips against each of my knuckles. There was so much love in his eyes.

"Hey Dominick..."

"Hmm?"

"I... I want to ask you something. Well, it's more like a deal then a question."

"Ask away."

"I... I want to see my parents."

His smile faltered.