XXIX

Leo opened the door, but didn't hold out his hand for me. In fact, he wasn't even looking me in the eye. Ignoring his newly found attitude, I grabbed my boots from the floor, and marched up to the front door. I didn't wait for him, and opened the door myself, shocking the two men standing on the other side. A few non-English words were mumbled behind me quickly after, no doubt Leo telling them to just ignore what is going on.

I was about to make a smart retort when an all to familiar voice echoed above me. I moved my gaze upwards towards the main staircase, landing it on Dominick the moment his landed on me. His eyes dropped lower for a split second, and his shock turned into something dark.

My initial shock wore off quicker then expected, and I finally noticed the gorgeous woman next to him, a snarly scowl plastered over her stupidly perfect features. Hope hadn't been lying the night of the welcome home party, she was't ugly. In fact, the woman was gorgeous.

She had that perfect, tanned, olive skin with midnight black, thick hair full of life. Her eyebrows were stupidly even and thick, the kind that most women would die for. The darkness of the color brought out the color of her light, honey brown eyes. As our gazes matched, she intentionally pulled the end of her navy blue, drastically dipping neckline, ridiculously tight dress, down, and then rubbed her thumb across her lip. Even in my intoxicated state, I knew what she was trying to do. Too bad for her.

The fact that the older man next to her had the same eyes, told me that he was more than likely her father, and I doubt she was making out with Dominick in front of her own father. Not to mention, the look he gave me before noticing my choice of clothing, was the same stupid loving look he was always giving me.

"Welcome home, Caliana."

The anger in his voice pulled me from the gazing match with the unwanted visitor. I gave him a smile, ripped my boots rudely from Leo's hands, and then started my ascend up the stairs. I had just passed Dominick, when the girl's look changed to something much cockier. She slid closer to him, her hand almost touching his.

Shaking my head, I took a deep breath and then stepped down to the step above Dominick. I didn't let him react, and quickly grabbed a hold of his tie, and pulled his lips roughly against my own. I melted into the kiss, moaning loud enough for our surrounding guests to hear. I knew the man at the bottom of the steps couldn't hear it, but I did want him to see it. What he had done...

I waited till I felt the tension in the room change, and then pulled away. This time, I made sure everyone could hear as I told him, "I'm heading to our room. When you're done telling your guests goodbye, you should come join me in the shower."

He was speechless as I walked up to the second floor and headed towards the bedroom. Even if I wasn't in love with him, I still couldn't risk someone sliding into my place and Dominick retaliating to his jail sentence in a more harmful way. So I'd play the game for the girl, and make sure that she knew that I wasn't going anywhere. At least, not yet.

As I entered the room, I started removing the pieces of my outfit, leaving a clear trail for Dominick to follow. First it was my top, followed by the self adhesive bra things that had been holding my breasts in place. Moving into the area where the bed was, I slipped from the skirt, and the thong followed suit shortly after. I was completely naked going into the bathroom, and without grabbing a towel, moved into the shower.

I turned it on, turning on the hot water as far as it would go, and let the water cascade onto my body without a sound or movement. Even as the initial ice cold streams of water scattered across the hot skin on my face, I didn't move. It was relaxing in a way. Cooling down my heated flesh, before slowing getting warmer and then steaming hot.