Chapter 37: Living the Dream (Finale)

One Year Later: Championship Weekend

Jess stood off to the side of the stage, watching Chase win his second championship. The biggest smile on her face, looking back at what the past year had brought them. After the Roval and meeting Chase's parents, Jess gave Chase that second chance. Soon after, she moved down to Dawsonville to be with him and then their biggest accomplishment arrived just in time for Charlotte Race week, their daughter Olivia Lauren Elliott. The little girl with the big brown eyes, pulled on her hair and broke her out of her thoughts as Chase's PR girl pushed her and Olivia towards the stage.

"We're so proud of you Chase!" Jess said, kissing him. Olivia reached out for him as he took her from Jess's arms.

"I couldn't do this without you two. I love you both so much," he answered. The photographers snapped photos with their little family as well as Cindy and Bill.

Chase handed Olivia off to Cindy as he walked off stage for a moment. "What is he doing?" Jess asked Cindy. She gave her a smile, but one that made Jess think there was something going on. When she turned back around to see where Chase had gone, she saw he was down on one knee, a ring present in the box that he held in his hand.

"Jessica, thank you for making me the man I want to be and being the most amazing mother to our daughter. All the pieces are in place for us except this one, so will you finish the story and be my wife?"

Tears flowed from Jess's eyes as she saw the man who had put her through so much, only for her to realize, he was the one.

"Yes," she finally said. Chase slid the cushion diamond ring on her finger as he got off his knee and took her in his arms.

"You've come a long way Jess Andrews. From not knowing who the hell I was or what NASCAR was."

"No kidding. I had a baby and just agreed to be the NASCAR Champions wife. Where did I go wrong?" she said with a smile.

"You didn't. It just so happened you were in the right place at the right time." Cindy handed Olivia back to Chase as his arm wrapped around Jess's waist. The champagne, flying everywhere. "Here's to forever after all," he said.

"To forever after all, racer boy."