Chapter 35: Well Mom, We Need to Talk

The next morning, neither of them had anything going on so they slept in. Chase woke up when he heard his phone going off, Mom. He got out of bed and found his boxers before walking into the living room to take the call.

"Hi mom, what's up?" he asked.

"I was just checking on you and see how the charity events have been."

"Great, everything went really well and now we get ready to run on Sunday."

"We'll see you Sunday. You're dad and I are coming up for the race."

"Wait, you are?" he asked.

"Yep! We thought it'd be fun to come watch you run the Roval." Chase was silent for a minute.

"Sounds great mom, but there's something you need to know first."

'"Is everything ok?" she asked.

"Everything is fine, but we just need to talk. How about you come early and come by my motorhome Saturday?"

"Ok Chase. Love you."

"Love you too mom." He hung up the phone and walked back into the bedroom and crawled back in bed with Jess, pulling her to him. He rubbed her stomach, knowing this wouldn't be an easy conversation to have with his parents or the fact that the first time Jess would hopefully meet them, she'd already be carrying their grandchild.

The smell of bacon woke Jess from her sleep. She looked over in bed and saw Chase wasn't there so she pulled on some shorts and a shirt as she walked into her living room. Chase was sitting at the bar, eating breakfast, scrolling his phone. He heard her enter the room.

"Good morning beautiful. I ordered breakfast for us."

"Thank you." She sat down beside him and saw the bacon and eggs and began to eat.

"So I got an interesting call this morning," he started.

"Please don't say it's another ex-girlfriend."

"Hell no, but it was my mom. She and my dad are coming to the race Sunday and they knew we dated, but not that we're pregnant."

Jess dropped the fork on the bar and looked over at him. "I'm going to take a guess, she doesn't know about me or if she does, we never broke up."

"She knows we dated and that we spent some time apart. She doesn't know that you're carrying their grandchild or that we're..."

"We're what? Not officially together? Two people who agreed to raise their child?"

"I want you to officially meet them, but I need to tell them about us and the baby first."

"Since this relationship has been nothing short of eventful, why not throw in your parents. I'll do it."

"You will?"

"For you and our baby, yes."