Chapter 9: Friends and The Past

Jess's alarm blared loud the next morning indicating she should probably get up and get ready for work. She grabbed her phone and turned her alarm off and sat up in bed. Chase laid on his stomach still sleeping, the sheet barely covering his naked body. She slipped out of bed and went to get into the shower. Last night had been hot and Chase pleaded to her that he wanted to date her. What a time to be alive.

"Jess?" she heard a voice say, over the water of the shower.

"In the shower," Jess answered.

She heard the door to the bathroom open and she peered out of the shower to see Chase walk in in all his glory.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked.

"Nope."

He walked over to the shower and got in. Jess stood under the water as she took in the naked man in front of her. He closed the space between them and his body molded to hers as she felt his hard-on against her stomach.

"Someone's happy to see me," she joked. He let out a small laugh and then kissed her.

His lips moving from hers to her neck as she let out a small moan. His rough hands, massaging her breasts.

"Chase," she breathed, as the water dripped down their naked bodies.

His brown eyes were hooded as he backed her up against the wall and she knew where this was headed.

After their hot morning in the shower, they both got dressed.

"So when will you be back in town?" she asked.

"Next week for the team meeting. Might change if my sponsor event happens. Don't worry, you'll see me either way," he said in his southern drawl.

Jess grabbed her bag off the table and Chase followed her out of her apartment and down to their cars.

"Be safe getting home," she said.

"I will. Have fun at work."

He kissed her goodbye and she watched him get in his truck and drive away. She leaned her head against her headrest wondering how in the hell she had gotten tangled up with someone like Chase. Just as she was about to start her car, her phone beeped. She looked down to see who had texted her. The name that flashed across her screen made her blood run cold. Her ex-boyfriend, Adam.

Chase got back to Dawsonville a little while later. As he was driving back to his house, his phone went off and he saw it was Ryan.

"Hello," he answered.

"What's up man?" Ryan asked.

"Just getting back home. What are you up to?"

"Wait, just getting back home?" Ryan questioned.

"Yeah."

"Let me guess, you and Kaylie hooked up again?"

"Actually no. I'm kind of seeing someone else," Chase answered.

"Hold up. You're seeing a new girl and you didn't say anything. Why am I not surprised Mr. keeps his personal life to himself can't even tell his friends about the girl he met."

"It was too new man. I met her at Charlotte. She had to interview me for her job about NAPA and their charities and it kind of went from there."

"So she's not a pit lizard?" Ryan asked.

"No far from it. She didn't even know who I was until she interviewed me and didn't know a thing about NASCAR."

"Well Clyde, how is this going to play out?" Ryan asked.

"I don't know Blaney, but I'm looking forward to finding out."