Chapter 12

The next morning Aurora awoke and rolled over and looked at the clock 11:45.
"Oh no! I did not mean to sleep this long!"
She hopped out of bed and got a quick shower. She quickly dried her hair, got dressed and put on a little make up. She wore blue jeans and a long sleeve blue shirt. She was just finishing her coffee when her phone went off.
Here
On my way
She quickly brushed her teeth then grabbed her stuff and was out the door. Chris was standing beside his car.
He is so hot! Aurora thinks to herself.
"Hey beautiful."
Aurora smiles.
He opens the door for her. She climbs in he walks around to the drivers side and gets in.
"You ready?"
"Yes. Where are we going?"
"You'll see."
Chris drives for several minutes. They ride in silence. Chris looks over at her several times. He smiles.
She is so beautiful. I called this a date, I guess it is. Does she think it is? Is she okay with that?
Chris pulls into a deserted area of woods. He parks then walks around and opens Aurora's door. She climbs out.
"You can leave your purse in the car. It will be safe."
"Alright."
After Chris closes the door he grabs a stereo from the back and starts walking.
"Where are we?"
"Well it's an old park. I come here a lot when I want to be alone. I often bring my dog Dodger here."
"It's nice."
"Yes. I thought it would be a good place to practice."
"I think it will be," she smiled.
"I guess we should go over the basics. You have to feel the music." He starts playing hungry eyes.
"2, 3, 4, think of a heart beat." He takes her hands and places one on his shoulder, the other he holds in his hands. He puts his other hand around her waist.
"Follow me."
He moves his left foot back and she mimics him. Then he moves forward and she mimics his move again.
"Good, but remember keep your head up and hold your frame. Lock it. No spaghetti arms. This is my dance space, this is your dance space. I don't go into yours you don't go into mine. You gotta hold the frame."
Aurora laughs.
"What's funny?"
"The way you said that. You sounded like Johnny fussing at Baby."
"Well that is the line."
He took her in his arms again and they started dancing again. Aurora kept looking at her feet.
"Look up. Remember don't look down."
He does a turn and she spins and turns and looks into his deep blue eyes. When he turns her, he turns her so her back is against him, he pulls her arm up and runs his hand down and she laughs.
"Aurora."
"Sorry that tickles. I'm very ticklish."
"You're going to have to relax."
"Alright, I'll try."
He lifts her arm up once again and runs his hand down again, she laughs.
"Aurora, stop."
"I'm sorry. I can't help it. You know she laughs in the movie."
"Yes, but she does eventually let him."
"Yes, but I don't know if I will be able to. I am so ticklish."
"You're going to have to try. Let's try again."
Chris lifts up her arm and puts it behind his neck and runs his hand down, but once again she laughs.
"Aurora!"
"I can't help it."
"Okay we will do that later. Let's go back to the dancing. You are getting there."
"Are we going to do the lift like they do in the movie?"
"I don't know if your ready for that yet."
"Please."
"Alright. You have to trust me and keep your balance. Run toward me and jump."
Aurora runs toward Chris and jumps and he catches her and lifts her up, holds her a minute the puts her down.
"That was good for your first time. Let's try again."
They do it a few more times and Aurora does it perfectly.
"Your a natural. You're a great dancer."
"I have a great teacher."
Chris smiles. "If I could just get you to not laugh during the other part."
Aurora shivers a little.
"You cold?"
"Just a little."
Chris lifts his sweat shirt off. When he does his other shirt lifts up and Aurora sees part of a tattoo. She can't quite see it to tell what it is, but can tell it's a word. He takes off his sweat shirt and hands it to her.
"Here."
"Won't you be cold?"
"I'll be alright. I get hot easily. I'm already sweating. I don't want you cold."
"Thanks."
Aurora puts on his sweat shirt, which is a little big for her. It comes down below her waist.
Chris laughs. "You look cute."
"It's big." She said holding out her arms. Her hands are inside the sleeves.
"Here." Chris walks toward her and rolls up the sleeves a little so they aren't so big.
"Thanks."
"Your welcome."
He puts a piece of her hair behind her ear.
"Your beautiful."
Aurora smiles and blushes a little. "Thanks."
Chris clears his throat. "Well, you've done well. We covered a lot. Why don't we call it a day. We can grab a bite to eat then I can take you home. Sound okay?"
Before Aurora could answer her phone rang. She looked down, she didn't recognize the number.
"Hold on I need to take this."
"Sure."
"Hello."
"Is this Aurora Skies?"
"Yes."
"Willow had an accident and is being taken to the hospital."
"What happened?"
"She was hit on her way home. She said to call you."
"I'm on my way thanks."
Aurora hangs up.
"I have to go to the hospital. My roommate was in an accident."
"I'll take you, come on."
Chris grabs the stereo and they walk to his car. He helps Aurora in, closes her door then runs to his side, puts the stereo in the back seat and once he's in he drives to the hospital. Once he gets there he finds a place to park.
"You don't have to come in. Thanks. I..."
"Don't be silly. I don't mind coming in."
"But what about everyone seeing you?"
"Don't worry about it."
Chris follows Aurora in and she walks up to the front desk.
"Willow Vontate."
"Are you family?"
"I'm her best friend. I was called to come. She's expecting me."
"And him?" She said looking at Chris.
"He's with me."
"Fine. Room 115."
"Thanks."
Aurora and Chris ride the elevator to the 2nd floor and enter the room. Willow is lying in the bed with tubes in her nose and she has a bandage on her forehead and bruise on her eye. She looks rough.
"Willow."
"Aurora, you came and you brought Chris," she smiled.
"Yeah. He refused to stay in the car."
"Nice to meet you Willow. I've heard a lot about you."
"I've heard a lot about you too."
"Oh?" Chris smiles and looks at Aurora.
Aurora clears her throat. "So, what happened?"
"I was driving home and was hit. They ran the red light. I think they were drunk."
"I'm glad your okay. I didn't recognize the number. I almost didn't answer. When I heard you were being taken to the hospital I got worried."
"Well I'm fine. I will heal. I will be out of work for a few days."
"Where is your car?"
"Not sure. I think it was totaled. I don't know what I will do about that. I can't afford to pay to have it fixed or even get another one."
"We can worry about that later. Let's just get you healed.
"Thanks. So, how was the dance lesson?" She asked looking at Aurora and Chris.
"It was good."
"She did great. She's a natural. A fast learner."
Willow smiled.
"Do you want me to stay with you?"
"No, I will be okay. I should be able to go home tomorrow."
"I will come back tomorrow to check on you. Just let me know if you need anything."
"I will thanks."
"I can give you a ride home tomorrow if you need me to. Just let Aurora know."
"Thanks Chris, that's sweet of you."
"Bye Willow. I will see you tomorrow."
Chris and Aurora left and headed back to his car. After they were both in the car they headed to Aurora's apartment. They rode in silence most of the way till Chris finally spoke.
"You're quiet. Are you okay?"
"Yes. Just worried about Willow."
"I'm sure she will be fine. I meant what I said. If you need me to give her a ride back home just let me know."
"I will thanks."
Chris pulls up in front of Aurora's apartment.
"Thanks Chris, for everything. I had fun."
"I did too. I guess I will see you tomorrow."
"Are you picking me up?"
"Yes, we have to be there at 10. Do you want to get breakfast first?"
"Sure."
"Alright. Does 8:15 sound okay?"
"That sounds good."
"Okay I will see you then."
Aurora gets her purse and gets out then stops.
"Oh your sweat shirt." She starts to take it off.
"Keep it."
"You sure?"
"Yes. I have tons."
"Alright thanks. I will see you tomorrow."
"Goodnight beautiful. Sweet dreams."
Aurora smiles. She loved it when he called her that. "Goodnight Chris."
She headed to her door and unlocked it. Once inside she turned and waved to Chris. He waved back then drove off.
Aurora put her stuff down and went to get her PJs on. She couldn't believe Chris let her keep the sweatshirt. He was being so nice to her. She thought at one point he was going to kiss her, but didn't. He had said it was a date, It didn't really feel like one. Was it a date? Would he ask her out again? Did he like her? I guess she would find out.
After Aurora was ready for bed she curled up in bed with her book and read till she fell asleep.
The next morning Aurora woke to her wonder woman alarm. She climbed out of bed, got a quick shower and got dressed. She wore jeans and a long sleeve purple shirt, and her tennis shoes. She wanted to be comfortable since she knew she would she would be filming all day.
She headed to the living room to wait for Chris. She was just about to sit on the couch when she got a text.
I'm outside
Okay on my way
Aurora grabbed her coat and purse and was out the door. Chris was waiting in his car. He leaned over and open the door for her. He was wearing a Dodgers hat, sunglasses, blue jeans and a blue T-shirt.
"Good morning beautiful."
"Morning," Aurora said climbing in.
"You ready to go?"
"Yep.
"I thought we would go to the same place as last time. Is that okay?"
"Sure."
"Alright. You all buckled in?"
"Yep."
Chris pulled away from the her apartment and headed to the cafe they ate at before.
When they reached the cafe Chris parked then got out and open the door for her. They walked into the cafe and sat in the same seat as before. It wasn't long to the same waitress came.
"Good morning, what can I get you?"
Chris looks up at Aurora, "ladies first."
"I'll have coffee."
"Cream and sugar?"
"Just cream."
"Okay and you sir?"
When Chris looks up at her she smiles.
"Oh, you again."
Chris smiles, "me again. Coffee for me too please."
"Cream and sugar?"
"No thank you."
"I will be back with that."
The waitress left.
"She couldn't believe it was you again."
"Yeah. I come here a lot, but I haven't seen her much. A lot of the waitresses know me here pretty well. So, are you nervous about filming today?"
"A little. We are aren't doing the dance scenes today are we?"
"No I don't think so. You aren't scared about that are you?"
"A little."
"But you did so well in practice. I think you will do great."
"Yeah. I'm still a little scared, especially the lift."
"Well, we can practice some more if you want."
"Sure. Whenever we can find the time between filming and me working at the bar."
"We can figure it out. Do you know what you want to eat?"
"I think so."
The waitress came back with their coffee.
"Have you decided what you want to eat?"
"Go ahead," Chris says
"I want the maple waffles."
"Just the waffles?"
"Yes mam."
"Alright. And you?"
"I'll have the same."
"Alright I will get that in for you."
Then she left again.
"Have you heard anymore about your dad?"
"No. I guess no news is good news right."
"I guess so. I hope he's okay."
"Me too. We are really close."
"I'm close to my family too."
"You have a brother right?"
"Yes and two sisters."
"Oh okay."
"How many siblings to do you have?"
"Just one brother."
"Is he older or younger?"
"Older."
"So your the baby?"
"Yep. He's very protective over me."
"Yeah. I understand that. My family is protective over me as well."
Just then Aurora's phone went off. She looked down and saw she had a text.
Change of plans. Can u come in at 9:30 instead of 10?
"What!"
"What's wrong?"
"Scott just texted me and asked if I could come in at 9:30 instead of 10."
"Well it's only 8:45 now. We should have time. Don't worry."
"Alright. Should I tell him we both will?"
"If you want."
Yes I can do that. We both will.
Both?
I'm with Chris. We are eating breakfast
Oh okay. See u both soon then.
"What did he say?"
"He said okay."
The waitress came back.
"Here you go. Two maple waffles. Anything else I can get you?"
"No thanks. Could we have our bill? We are kind of in a hurry." Chris asked.
"Sure. Be right back.
She left their table.
"This is really good." Aurora said.
"Yes. I love their waffles." Chris took a bite of his just as the waitress came back.
"Here you go. Just let me know when your ready."
"Thanks." Chris smiles.
"Your welcome."
She walked toward another table.
"So, have you heard from Willow yet?"
"No, not yet."
"Well just let me know when you do and we can go and get her."
"Alright."
They finished eating and the waitress came back. Chris paid her and they left. Aurora didn't say anything. She knew it would do no good. She would find a way to pay him back some how.
They got in Chris's car and headed to the studio. They arrived 5 minutes early.
Scott saw them walk in together.
"You made it, and you're early."
"Yep." Aurora said.
"Sorry for the change of plans. I just thought we should start a little earlier. We have a lot to do today."
"It's okay."
"Well let's get started. We are going to start with the opening scene. I hope to get to the scene she agrees to do the dance. We will see."
Aurora headed to the front and they did the first scene. It took a few takes before they got it right. They were able to make it to the scene where Baby agrees to do the dance.
"I can't even do the meringue."
"Johnny, your a strong partner. You can lead anybody."
"You heard her. She can't do the meringue. She can't do it. She cannot do it!"
"Cut! Good. Let's take a break. 15 minutes then we will come back for the next scene."
Aurora walked outside. Chris followed her.
"You alright?"
"Yeah. Just wanted some fresh air."
"You did great in there."
"Thanks."
Aurora's phone rang.
"It's Willow! Hey girl!"
"Hey! They told me I could go home anytime."
"Alright. We are at the studio. Let me talk to Scott and see when we can get off."
"Okay. Just call me back."
Aurora walks back inside to find Scott.
"Scott."
Scott turns, "Aurora. Everything alright?"
"Yes. I was wondering when we would be done today?"
"Uh...well it's 12:30 now. Maybe 4. Why? What's up?"
"My roommate is in the hospital and she just called me to tell me she can go home. Chris told me he would take her home, so I was wondering what time I could tell her."
"Oh, well if you wanted to go now you could and come straight back."
"I can do that. Thanks."
Aurora turns and Chris is right behind her.
"Oh, he said we could go now and come back."
"Yeah. I heard. Let's go."
Aurora calls Willow and told her they were on their way.
It didn't take them long to get to the hospital.
"You can wait in the car if you want. It shouldn't take long."
"I can go in. I don't mind."
"Chris really it's okay."
"Do you not want to be seen with me?"
"No, that's not it at all. I just thought it would save everyone from staring and..."
"Oh, don't worry about that. It's okay. Come on."
Chris takes Aurora's hand and they walk into the hospital and up to the front desk.
"May I help you?"
"Yes. I'm Aurora Skies. I am checking Willow Vontate out. She is expecting me."
"Let me check."
She called Willow's room.
"Yes. I have an Aurora Skies here for Willow Vontate. Yes. Okay thanks."
"You can go up."
"Thank you."
Aurora got ready to leave but the lady stopped her.
"Ummm, your friend will have to wait here."
"He's with me. Willow knows him."
"Uh...well I really shouldn't but okay. Go ahead."
Aurora and Chris ride the elevator to Willow's room.
"Knock, knock."
"Come in."
"Hey girl! How are you feeling?" Aurora asked walking into the room.
"Much better. Glad I get to go home. I have to take it easy for a few days though."
"Well, let's get you home.
Willow got ready to grab her stuff but Chris picked it up.
"I got it."
"Thanks, Chris."
They walked out and down the elevator and to Chris's car. Chris helped the girls in and then climbed in the drivers side.
"You girls ready?"
"Yep." They both said at the same time.
"Thanks again for the ride Chris."
"Your welcome."
"So how is filming going?"
"Oh it's going good. After we drop you off we have to go back."
"Oh okay. Are you working at the bar tonight?"
"I don't know. I would assume so. I will find out and let you know."
"Alright."
Chris pulls up in front of the apartment.
"Thanks Chris."
"Welcome. Do you need any help?"
"I got it. Thanks."
Willow grabs her stuff and got out.
"You have your key right?"
"Yep." Willow said holding up her key chain.
"Alright. Let me know if you need anything. I will let you know when I will be home."
"Okay see you later."
Chris pulls away from the apartment and heads back to the studio as soon as he sees Willow is inside.
"Thanks again Chris for helping . I don't know what we will do when Willow goes back to work."
"If she needs a ride I can take her."
"I can't ask you to do that. You have done so much for me already and I appreciate it, but..."
"I don't mind really. It's okay."
"Willow has crazy hours sometimes. It would be hard."
"We can figure it out."
They ride in silence the rest of the way to the studio. When they walk in they were greeted by Scott.
"Hey guys. Everything alright?"
"Yep." Aurora answered.
"Alright let's get back to work."
They worked for several more hours and filmed doing a lot of the scenes several times till they got them right.
"Okay we will stop there for today. I want you to come back tomorrow at 9:00. We have a lot to do. We will be doing the kissing scene tomorrow and maybe the ending.
Aurora grabs her stuff and heads over to Scott.
"Scott?"
"Aurora, you did great today."
"Thanks. Do you want me to head to the bar?"
"Do you feel up to it? It's 4:15 now."
"Yes I'm fine."
"Alright then go ahead. I will be there soon."
"Okay bye."
Aurora heads toward the door. Chris was waiting on her.
"What did he say?"
"Yes I need to head to the bar."
"Alright let's go."
They got into Chris's car.
"Do you want to grab a bite to eat first? We never had lunch. I'm sure your hungry."
"Yes thanks."
"We can go to McDonald's if that's okay."
"That's fine. I want the same thing I got last time."
"Alright."
After Chris went through the drive through and ordered their food they drive to the beach and sat in his car.
"Are you okay sitting in the car or would you rather sit on the beach?"
"Car is fine."
They began eating their food. They were both quiet for a long time until Chris finally spoke.
"You did good today. I'm proud of you."
"Thanks." Was all Aurora said. Then looked away out the window eating her fries.
"What's wrong?"
"What do you mean?" She asked looking over at him.
"Is something bothering you? Your quieter than usual."
"I..."
"What? Are you worried about Willow?"
"Yes, but that's not it."
"Then what is it?"
"I...I'm..."
"Aurora tell me. What is it?"
"I'm scared about tomorrow."
"What do you mean?"
"The kissing scene."
"Why?"
"Because I..."
Aurora was quiet a minute, looked out the window.
"Please, tell me. Why are you scared."
"Because I've never kissed anyone before." She said quickly looking at Chris.
"What! Seriously?"
"Yes."
"Never?"
"Never."
"Wow. Well don't worry it will be okay."
Aurora looked at the clock.
"I better get the to bar."
"Alright."
Chris started the car and they headed to the bar. Nothing else was said the whole way there. Chris looked over at Aurora several times who was looking out the window. He smiled. He would be her first kiss, well stage kiss.
When they reached the bar Aurora grabbed her stuff.
"Thanks."
"Your welcome. Text me when your done and I will come get you."
"Okay I will."
Aurora climbed out and went inside. Scott wasn't there yet. She put her stuff in the back and started working.
Authors note
Sorry it has taken me so long to post a chapter. I have had so much going on. I could have written more for this chapter but thought I would end it here. I will try and update again soon. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Mine was pretty good. Got to see family but it was a little different this yr because of the virus. Please like and comment and let me know how you are liking this story so far. I would love the feed back. Thanks!