Chapter 35

Authors note- sorry this is going to be a long chapter. Thought I would warn you ahead of time. I just couldn't find a good place to end up.
Dream
"Gorgeous, come on. Don't make me hurt him. Just come with me."
"I'm not going anywhere with you!"
"Then your boyfriend is going to die!"
He grabs Scott and holds a knife to his throat."
"No! Don't! stop! Please."
"I will give you one last chance! Do what I say or he dies! The choice is yours."
"Scott. No please don't kill him."
"Does that mean you will come with me?"
Aurora nods her head.
"That a girl!" He let's Scott go and grabs Aurora.
"No! Get your hands off of her!" Scott screams and pulls him away from her.
"You better let me go! Your girlfriend just saved your life. Don't make me kill you in front of her!"
"You won't take her anywhere!"
"Then I guess you leave me no choice then!"
"Aurora go to the bathroom."
"No! Scott I'm not leaving you!"
"Aurora, baby do as I say."
"Scott please. Don't..."
"Baby, do as I say. Go now!"
"Scott! I'm not leaving you."
"Aurora, baby please. I love you go."
Aurora goes to the bathroom and she stands at the door and watches the two of them fight. Scott dodges the knife, but then the man stabs him in the side. Scott leans over and then he gets stabbed again and Scott falls down on the ground. He is covered in blood and on the floor is a pool of his blood.
"No! Scott! No!"

"Aurora, baby wake up."
"Scott no! No!"
"Baby, wake up I'm here."
"Scott!" She cries out.
Scott tries to move to wake her but he screams out in pain. The nurse then runs in.
"What's going on?"
"My girlfriend is having a bad dream, but I can't wake her up."
"No! Scott! Scott! No!"
The nurse walks to her. "Miss," she shakes her gently. "Miss wake up."
Aurora opens her eyes and looks at the nurse then at Scott.
"Oh Scott!" She jumps out of the chair and throws herself at Scott.
"Oh, baby easy."
"Oh Scott, he killed you! You told me to go the bathroom and then I saw him kill you! He stabbed you and killed you!"
"Shh...I'm here. It's okay."
"Mr. Eastwood, is everything alright? Is there anything you need?"
"No I'm good. Thanks."
The nurse left the room.
"Scott I'm scared."
"It's okay baby. I'm here. Your safe. I won't let anything happen I promise."
"Why won't these nightmares stop?"
"I don't know, but we will find a way I promise."
"But I...I can't sleep. I close my eyes and I see...him. He..."
"Shh, hey it's okay." He kisses her head and gently rubs her head and runs his fingers through her hair. Aurora wraps her arms around him. She then falls asleep in his arms. Scott smiles. He wishes he could find a way for her to sleep other than her being in his arms. He knows he can't always be with her. He hates this has happened. He hopes the police find him soon.
Hours later the nurse walks back in and sees them both asleep. She smiles. She doesn't want to wake them so she decides to come back later later.
Scott stirs and hears Aurora's phone. He looks up and sees it on the table beside his bed. He picks it up.
Chris- I am on my way
Aurora (Scott)- okay this is Scott. Aurora is asleep in my arms
Chris- 😊 okay. Glad she is sleeping.
Aurora (Scott)- me too. She has been for a while.
Chris- good 😊 be there soon
Scott puts the phone back on the table. He kisses Aurora's head. She stirs a little bit but, doesn't wake up.
A few minutes later Chris walks in the room. He sees Aurora on Scott's chest.
"Hey."
"Hey. How long has she been asleep?"
"Several hours."
"Has she had any dreams?"
"One, that was when she was in the chair. She doesn't have them when she sleeps in my arms."
"Oh, interesting. She really cares about you."
"Yeah. I feel the same way about her. I don't know what I'd do without her and it's all thanks to you."
"Oh, well I didn't really do anything."
"Yes you did. You gave me the push I needed. I don't know if I ever would have asked her out if you hadn't."
Chris smiles. "Do you want to wake her or do you want me to come back?"
"I hate to wake her, but I don't want you to have to come back."
Scott looks down at Aurora. He puts a piece of her hair behind her ear. He gently rubs her arm.
"Baby, wake up."
"Mmm," she says snuggling up closer to Scott.
"Aurora, baby wake up."
He says gently shaking her again.
"Mmm," she opens her eyes and looks at Scott.
"Hey baby."
"What time is it?"
"After 10 I think. Chris is here."
She turns a little and looks at Chris.
"I'm comfortable."
"I know, but you need to go. I will see you later."
"I won't sleep."
"Maybe you will, but at least you got some. I'm glad you slept a little."
"Yeah. You know I only sleep when I'm in your arms."
Scott smiles, "I know."
Aurora sits up. "I'll see you tomorrow."
"Okay baby. I love you."
"Love you too."
He kisses her then she leaves with Chris.
When they get back to Chris's house Aurora gets ready for bed, says goodnight to Chris and climbs into bed. At first she fights sleep and tries to stay awake but she ends up falling asleep. It doesn't take her long to start dreaming and then she is tossing and turning and screaming. Chris wakes up and hears her. He comes into the room and sits on the bed.
"Aurora wake up," he says gently shaking her.
"Scott! No! No! Scott!"
"Aurora wake up."
"No! No! Stop please! No! Scott!"
"Aurora," Chris says continuing to shake her.
She wakes up and looks at Chris.
"Chris."
"Hey beautiful. Are you okay?"
"I'm sorry."
"What are you sorry for?"
"That I woke you up."
"It's okay."
"I hate this dreams. I think they are getting worse rather than better."
"I know. They won't last forever. I will be happy to stay till you go back to sleep."
"I'm not going back to sleep. I know I will only have another dream."
"I will be right here if you do."
"You mean you will stay?"
"If you want me to. I mean I know I'm not Scott and it won't be the same but..."
"Sure thanks."
Chris climbs under the covers and lays down next to Aurora. She snuggles up close to Chris and lays her head on his chest.
"I don't think Scott would be happy if he knew we did this."
"I'm sure he would understand. He knows I look out for you." Chris smiles.
Aurora smiles back
"Oh man, your feet are cold!" Chris exclaims.
"Sorry."
Just then Dodger jumps on the bed and lays at the end between them. They both fall asleep. At first Aurora sleeps soundly but then she starts to dream.
The man is attacking Scott. He stabs him several times telling him he will never have Aurora that she is his girl!
"No! No! Never! Scott!"
Chris rolls over and opens his eyes.
"Aurora."
"No! Please! No! Scott!"
Chris rubs Aurora's arm.
"Aurora, wake up."
Aurora opens her eyes and looks at Chris.
"I thought it worked at first, but then I started dreaming."
"It's okay. I know I'm not Scott and it's not the same."
"No, I'm glad you stayed. It did help. Thanks."
"Welcome."
"What time is it?"
"No idea probably still early."
"You can go back to sleep. I will be fine."
"You sure?"
"Yes. Go back to sleep."
Chris kisses her head then rolls over and closes his eyes. It's wasn't long till Chris was snoring. Aurora smiles. He wasn't Scott, but he was her best friend and he cared about her. Aurora lay there for a while. Then her phone goes off. She picks it up off the beside table. It's Scott FaceTiming her
"Hey."
"Good morning baby. How are you?"
"I'm okay."
"Did you sleep any?"
"A little."
It was quiet for a minute.
"Do I hear snoring?" Scott asks
"Yeah."
"Whose snoring?"
"Chris."
"Chris? Where are you?"
"In my room."
"Aurora...why is Chris in your room?"
"I had a bad dream last night and he came and woke me up then stayed with me to comfort me. Nothing happened I promise. Dodger is here too at the end of the bed."
"Okay. I trust you."
"You believe me right?"
"Yes baby."
"I love you Scott."
"I love you too. Oh, I get to go home tomorrow."
"That's great. Did they say what time?"
"No. I guess any time."
"Okay.
"What are your plans for the day?"
"No idea. I am letting Chris sleep. I woke up again even with him here and told him to go back to sleep. I know he doesn't sleep a lot because of me, so..."
"I'm sure he doesn't mind. He cares about you and wants you safe, just like I do."
"Yeah."
Just then Chris rolls over and opens his eyes. Aurora looks over at him.
"Good morning."
"Morning. Who are you talking to?"
"Scott. Did I wake you?"
"No, your fine." Chris sits up
"Morning Scott."
"Good morning. Thank you for trying to comfort Aurora."
"Your welcome. I try, but she still has dreams. I'm not you. You're the only one who can keep her from having dreams."
Scott smiles. "Well I'll let you go baby. I'll talk to you later. Love you."
"I love you too."
They hang up.
"Thanks," Aurora says
"For what?"
"For staying with me last night. I know I still had a dream but I liked knowing you were beside me."
Chris smiles. "You welcome. I'm sorry I couldn't keep you from having a dream."
"It's okay."
"Well, what would you like for breakfast?"
"It doesn't matter. I'm fine with just toast."
"Eggs?"
"Uh...sure."
"Why the hesitation?"
"I am picky about my eggs."
"How do you like them?"
"Really scrambled."
"I can do that," he smiles and gets up.
"Just come to the kitchen when your ready."
Chris leaves the room. Aurora sits in bed for a few minutes. She is thankful she has Chris. She doesn't know what she would do without him. With Scott not around at the moment, having Chris helps her feel safe. She gets up and heads into the kitchen. Chris is at the stove fixing the eggs.
"They are just about done."
Chris has set the table with plates of toast and two glasses of juice. They eat breakfast in mouth and mostly silence. Aurora likes the eggs, but they weren't as good as Scott's or her dad's but she didn't dare tell Chris that.
"I have to go to set in a little while. Would you like to come with me?"
"Sure."
"I know you don't want to be alone and Scott doesn't want you alone."
"Right. I don't. I will go get dressed."
"I need to leave in an hour or so."
"Alright. How long will you be there?"
"Probably all day."
"Okay."
Aurora heads to her room and grabs clothes then head to the bathroom. She send a quick text to Scott.
Aurora- I am going to set with Chris. Will probably be there all day
It didn't take him long to respond.
Scott- okay baby. Call me when you can. Hope I can see you later.
Aurora- me too. I will see if I can come by after he gets done.
Scott- okay baby. Love you 😘
Aurora- love you too 😘
Aurora gets a quick shower then heads into the living room after she has applied a little make up. Chris is sitting on the couch reading. He has glasses on. He looks up when he sees her.

Authors note- he does not have a beard at the moment in the story but this was only pic I could find like this

"Hey. You ready?"
"Yep. I didn't know you wore glasses."
"Only when I read."
He put the glasses and book on the coffee table. He stands up, grabs his keys and they head out. Once they reach the set Chris parks and they get out.
"You can sit here and watch. If you need anything let me know."
"Okay thanks."
Chris walks off and leaves Aurora. A few minutes later Scarlett approaches her.
"Hey girl."
"Hey."
"How's it going?"
"Alright I guess."
"I heard what happened. I'm sorry about Scott. Glad he's okay."
"Yeah me too. It was scary."
"I bet. So your staying with Chris?"
"Yes. Just until Scott gets out of the hospital, which he told me this morning will be tomorrow."
"What will you do then?"
"I am moving in with Scott."
"You are?"
"Yes. Just until they find the man."
"Oh okay. Well I better get over there. I'll catch up with you later."
Scarlet leaves and walks toward Chris and Robert. Aurora watches them film the movie. It was cool watching the filming of Avengers Endgame. She couldn't wait till it came out in a few months. The hours pass and it is lunchtime. Aurora and Chris grab a quick lunch then he is back on set. Aurora continues to watch and hours go by. Then before she knows it, is it is after nine. She is looking at Instagram when Chris walks up to her.
"Hey,"
Aurora looks up at him. He is wearing his captain America outfit. Aurora has only seen him in person wearing it one other time. She is still memorized by it but she tries to hide her shock.
"Hey. Are you finished?"
"Yep. Let me just change and we can leave."
"Alright."
Chris walks toward his trailer. After he has left Scarlett approaches a Aurora.
"So, what did you think?"
"It was cool. I can't wait to see it in a few months."
"Yeah. It won't be long. Where did Chris go?"
"To go change."
"Oh, so your heading out?"
"Yes."
"We should get together soon."
"Sure. Just let me know when your free."
"Will do. Talk to you later." Scarlett says leaving just as Chris walks up
"You ready to go?"
"Yep."
"What was Scarlett saying to you?"
"Saying we should get together soon."
"Oh okay."
They walk to Chris's car.
"Is it to late to go see Scott?"
"No, but would you like to get something to eat first?"
"Sure."
"We can go to the cafe. They are still open."
"Sounds good."
Chris drives to the cafe and they get out and walk in. They find a seat and a waitress takes their drink orders then when she comes back they order their food.
"Dirty Dancing should be coming out soon. I know Scott said it would be this month," Aurora says.
"Yes it should be soon."
"I will need to find something to wear to the premier."
"I know you will be beautiful in whatever you wear."
"Thanks," Aurora smiles.
Once their food comes they eat in silence then Chris pays and they head to the hospital. Once Chris finds a parking spot they walk in and head to Scott's room. Scott is lying in bed watching TV.
"Well hey baby. I was staring to wonder if I would see you."
"Sorry. Chris got done late and we got something to eat first," she says walking to the bed and kissing him.
"Did you find out what time you leave tomorrow?"
"Anytime."
"Alright. I will let you know when we will be here to get you."
"Okay. I know it's late. You need to try to get some sleep."
"I won't."
"But you need to try."
"Okay. I love you Scott."
"I love you too."
Aurora kisses him. "I will talk to you later."
"Okay baby. Call me if you need me."
Aurora and Chris leave and head to his house. They say goodnight and go to their rooms.
"Goodnight Aurora. Hope you sleep well."
"Thanks. Hope I don't keep you awake."
"If you wake me up it's okay."
Aurora smiles. "Goodnight."
She then heads into her room and gets ready for bed and climbs under the covers and is soon asleep.
Authors note- again sorry for the long chapter. It was hard to find a good stopping place. I will try to have the next chapter up soon. I am working on it. Don't forget to like and comment if you liked this chapter. Thanks for all the support guys! It means so much!! I love you guys 😊❤️