Chapter 40

The next morning Scott awoke with Aurora laying on his chest and her arms wrapped around him. He smiled down at her. He kissed her head, he didn't want to get up with her asleep he was afraid she would have a dream but he hated to wake her. He decided to take the chance. He carefully got up and grabbed his clothes and headed into the bathroom. He striped down and climbed in the shower. He had just finished washing his hair when he heard screaming.
"Scott! No! No! Stop! Scott!"
He got out and wrap a towel around his waist and ran to the room and sat on the bed next to her and rubbed her arm.
"Baby, I'm here." She moved from side to side screaming. "No! Stop! Scott! Please stop! Scott!"
"Baby, wake up. I'm here."
"Scott! Scott! No!" She cries
"Baby, wake up," he says gently shaking her and leans down and kisses her cheek and lips.
Aurora opens her eyes and looks at him then throws her arms around him.
"Oh Scott!"
"Hey, it's okay. I'm sorry. I thought I would take a chance and get and a shower. You were sleeping so good."
Aurora looked down.
"Oh."
"What?"
"Your in a towel."
"Yeah I just got out of the shower. I heard your scream and just grabbed a towel and ran in here."
"Oh I'm sorry."
"It's okay baby."
Aurora rubs her hand over the scar where he was shot.
"Does it still hurt?"
"A little at times."
Aurora then ran her hand across his chest. He had a diagonal scar there.
"How did you get this scar?"
Scott laughs. "I was dumb."
"What did you do?"
"I was riding horses with some of my friends and they dared me to jump the fence. When I went to jump the horse stops and makes me fall in the fence and I hit the fence. It was a bar wire fence."
"Ouch!"
"Yeah it hurt like hell."
Then she rubbed one just below his neck.
"And this one?"
"Longest ride. Got it while I was filming it as well as the others along my abdomen."
"Wow, you have a lot."
"Yeah. Let me go get dressed and I can fix breakfast."
Scott leaned in and kissed her and got up.
"I can fix it."
"Alright."
"I'll meet you in the kitchen."
"Okay baby."
Scott kisses her again then heads to the bathroom. Aurora gets up and heads to the kitchen. She gets out the Bisquick. She is just mixing up the batter when Scott walks in. He smiles seeing her at the counter wearing his shirt. He knows she only has underwear underneath it. He walks up to her and wrap his arms around her and kisses her cheek.
"I love seeing you standing in my kitchen in my shirt fixing breakfast."
Aurora smiles and leans back and kisses him.
"Could you get out the bacon?" Aurora asks
"Sure."
Scott fixes the bacon while Aurora works on the pancakes. After everything is ready they sit at the island and eat.
"What time did you say Scarlett is coming?"
"3:30."
"Alright. I'm going to make a quick earn. Will you be okay for a few minutes?"
"Yes I will be fine."
"Alright. If you need anything call me alright?"
"I will."
"I love you baby."
"Love you too."
Scott kisses her and stands up grabs his keys and wallet.
"Make sure you lock this door after I leave."
"Okay."
He gives her another quick kiss then leaves. Aurora locks the door behind him then cleans up the kitchen. After the kitchen is clean she goes to get cleaned up. Aurora has just gotten out of the shower and his drying off when her phone rings
"Hello?"
"Aurora it's Scarlett."
"Oh hey."
"Would it be okay if I come a little earlier than 3:30?"
"Uh...sure."
"Alright great. I will be there around 2:00. I will have Rose with me hope that's okay."
"Yeah that fine. I would love to meet your daughter."
"Okay I'll see you in a little bit."
They hang up, Aurora gets dressed and walks into Scott's bedroom. She is about to headto living room when she looks up and sees a figure at the window. She freaks out and pulls out her phone.
"Hey baby. I'll be home soon."
"Scott!"
"Baby, what's wrong?"
"There is..." she looks back at the window but the figure is gone.
"Baby, what is it? You're scaring me."
"I thought I saw..."
"Saw what?"
"I saw someone at your bedroom window, but they are gone. I think it was my imagination playing ticks on me, but..."
"I'm on my way. I'll be there soon."
"Alright."
Aurora hangs up and goes into living room and sits on the couch. A few minutes later she hears the door. She gets up and runs to Scott and throws her arms around him.
"It's okay, your safe baby."
"I could have imagined it but seemed so real."
"I know. Your safe. I'm here. Let me put this up. I'll right back."
He gives her a quick kiss then leaves the room and heads to his bedroom.
"Oh, Scott!"
"Yeah!" He calls from the other room.
"Scarlett is coming sooner than 3:30. She is coming at 2:00 and is bringing Rose."
Scott walks back into the living room.
"Rose is her daughter?"
"Yes."
"How old is she?"
"I'm not sure. Five I think."
"Okay."
Aurora sits on the couch. Scott sits down beside her and moves a piece of her hair out of her face and puts it behind her ear.
"Baby, you okay?"
"Yes."
"You sure?" He asks caressing her cheek.
"Yes. Just still a little shook up from seeing that figure at the window. I'm sure it was my mind playing tricks on me."
Scott leans in and kisses her. "I'm sure it was. It will be okay."
"So what are we going to do till 2:00?"
Scott smiles.
"What are you smiling about?"
"I know what I'd like to do, but you wouldn't go for that."
"What is that?"
"Kiss you."
"You can kiss me all you want."
"Oh I can?"
"Yes. I love your kisses."
"But that's all I can do."
"What do you mean?"
"You won't let me go beyond that. We can't make out."
"Oh. Is that what you want?"
Scott smiles.
"Uh...yeah sorry. No, that's not happening."
"It's okay baby, it will be all that more special when we do."
Aurora smiles. "Thanks for being so understanding."
Scott leans forward and kisses her softly on the lips.
"I love you baby."
"I love you too. Why don't we watch TV?"
"Sure, we can do that."
Scott an Aurora snuggled up on the couch together and watch TV. Aurora falls asleep on Scott's chest. She was awoken when there is a knock on the door.
"Who is that?" Aurora asks
"Probably Scarlett, it's 2:00."
"It is! Wow."
Aurora sits up and Scott goes to door.
"Scarlett come in."
"Hope it's okay I came early. I had to pick up Rose from daycare and I thought it would be easier and better if I came a little early."
"Your fine. Hello Rose."
Rose hid behind Scarlett's leg.
"Rose, don't be shy. This is Scott."
Aurora got up from the couch and approached them.
"Hey Scarlett."
"Hey girl. How are you?"
"I'm okay."
"Are you ready to get started?"
"Yes."
"Alright. Rose you can come with mommy or..." she looks at Scott.
"She can stay here with me if she wants. I don't mind watching her."
"Rose," Scarlett says squatting down so she is eye level with her. "Would you like to stay here with Scott?"
Rose shakes her head and points to Scarlett.
"She's really shy at times, but once she gets use to you she won't stop talking. It took a while with Chris, but now she loves him."
Scott squats down in front of Rose.
"Rose, would you like to see Fred?"
Rose looks up at Scarlett squinting her face like she's asking what?
"He's my dog."
Rose looks back at Scott and smiles and nods her head. Scott stands up and holds out his hand. Rose looks back at Scarlet again.
"It's okay. You can go with him. Mommy will be here."
Rose take Scott's hand and they walk outside to the backyard.
Scarlett an Aurora head to her bedroom.
"Okay here is how I am thinking of doing your hair."
Scarlett shows her a picture.
"I love that!"
"Well let's get to work."
Scarlet plugs in her curling Iron and starts laying things out. Then starts by brushing Aurora's hair. Then begins curling her hair. It takes about 20 minutes then she takes the flowers she brought and puts them in on the back.
"Now for your dress."
"It's in the closet."
Scarlet gets the dress and helps Aurora get dressed so she doesn't mess up her hair.
"Now for your make up."
Scarlet spends the next few minutes picking out the right colors for Aurora, Then she gets to work and applies her make up when she's done she stands back.
"You look beautiful! Scott and Chris won't believe their eyes."
Aurora stands up and looks in the mirror.
"Wow. Thanks Scarlett."
"Your welcome."
Just then Rose runs in.
"Mommy! Free lick me!"
Scarlett laughs. "He did?"
"Yep."
Then there was a knock
"Can I come in?"
"No! Not yet." Scarlett says
"Alright. Well it is okay if I get ready?"
"Yes. I have Rose she's fine."
Scott heads to his room and gets ready.
"I will be back. You stay here till I tell you you can come. I want to see the look on Scott's face when he sees you."
Aurora smiles and sits on the bed and puts on her shoes.
Scarlet walks into the living room with Rose. A few minutes later Scott walks wearing his suit.