Chapter 16

When Chris and Aurora got inside Willow was sitting on the couch. She turned when she heard the door.
"Aurora, your back...oh Chris, hey."
"Hey Willow. How are you?" Chris said
"You guys are wet! What happened?"
"We got caught in the rain." Aurora said.
"Oh it's raining?"
"Yes. Chris said it looked like rain and I didn't believe him, well you see what happened." Aurora laughed.
"I will be right back. Chris I will go find you some clothes to put on."
Aurora left the room. Chris and Willow had an awkward moment of silence before Willow finally said, "so...Um you know Aurora likes you right?"
"What?"
"Aurora, she likes you."
"Well umm we are..."
Chris had not excepted Willow to say that. He was caught of guard. He didn't know how to respond, but before he could say anything Aurora came back.
"I brought you the sweat shirt you gave me and some of my brothers pants. I hope they fit. You might be a little taller than he is."
"Thanks," he said taking the clothes. "Is there some where I can change?"
"Yes. The bathroom is just straight ahead in the middle of the two bedrooms."
"Thanks."
Chris left the room.
"What did you say to him? He looked funny when I came in the room."
"Nothing."
"I don't believe you."
"Honest."
"Uh huh, sure. Come on tell me what you said."
"I may have told him you like him."
"You did what!"
"Well it's true you do."
"Why did you tell him that?"
"I...I don't know. I just thought he might react differently than he did, but I think I caught him off guard and he didn't know what to say."
"Well yeah. I bet you did! I can't believe you did that!"
"Sorry."
Chris walked back into the room at that moment. He was wearing his hoodie and the blue and green plaid pj pants. They were a little short on him but not too bad.
"They don't look too bad on you. Looks like they fit okay." Aurora said.
"Yes. They fit okay. They are a little short but not too bad. Thanks."
"Your welcome. I'm glad I had them. He gave them to me a while back and I like to sleep in them at times. Would you like something to drink?"
"Yes thanks."
"We have tea and water."
"Tea is fine."
Aurora walked into the kitchen and poured Chris a glass of tea.
"Would you like me to wash your clothes for you?"
"You don't have to do that. I don't want to cause you any trouble."
"It's no trouble at all. I was going to do a load anyway."
"Well if your washing clothes anyway, sure thanks."
Chris handed her his pants and shirt.
"I will just go start a load. I will be back."
Aurora gave Willow a look before she left. Willow knew what that look meant.
"How are you feeling?" Chris asked sitting down on the couch beside Willow leaving a space between them.
"Pretty good. There are days I still hurt a little. I hope I can go back to work soon but I am not sure what I will do since I don't have a car."
"I told you I could take you."
"I can't ask you to do that. I'm sure your busy and then with..."
"Don't worry about it. I can figure something out. I don't mind at all. I might could even help you get yours fixed."
"Really? You think I could fix it."
"Sure."
"I could always pay you back as soon as I get the money."
"Don't worry about that. I don't mind helping. Any friend of Aurora's is a friend of mine."
Willow smiled. "Thanks. I will let you know."
Chris smiled. "So have you seen all the marvel movies?"
"Yes, I am a big fan." She laughed
"Who is your favorite?"
Willow smiled. "You."
"Me? Really?"
"Yes. I also like Black Widow."
"Have you seen all of them?"
"Yep. I do need to go back and watch some of them again before the new movie comes out. Aurora said we would do that sometime, but we haven't yet."
"Do you have them?"
"Most of them. We don't have the second avengers Age of Ultron movie."
"Do you have the Captain America movies?"
"Yep. I got them as soon as they came out."
Chris laughed.
"We could watch a movie if you eat. When Aurora gets back. I'm sure she would love to."
"I would love to what?" Aurora asked walking back into the room.
"Watch a movie."
"Sure, that sounds like fun. I can pop some popcorn."
"Yes!" Willow said. "What do you say Chris?"
"Sure I guess since my clothes are in the washer. I have time. I don't have anything else to do."
"I will go get the popcorn. Aurora why don't you and Chris decide on a movie?" She said smiling as she left the room.
"What would you like to watch? We have a lot." Aurora said opening her cabinet of movies.
"Wow you have a lot." He said coming and sitting down next to her on the floor. He began looking through them.
"Oh my gosh! You have this?"
He asked pulling out Nanny Dairies, which he stared in. Aurora laughed. "Yes I love that movie. I didn't know you were in it till about a year ago when Willow told me."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
Chris kept looking through her movie.
"We could watch one of the Avengers movies. You have seen them all haven't you?"
"Yes."
"What was the movie you said you fell asleep during?"
"The last Avengers movie, Infinity War."
Chris laughed. "Right, we could watch that, but you have to promise not fall asleep."
Aurora laughed. "I will do my best."
"I won't let you fall asleep. I will poke you every time you doze."
Aurora laughed. Willow came back into the living room. "I have the popcorn. Have you decided on a movie?"
"Yes. We are watching Avengers Infinity War."
"Great! Does anyone need anything else before we start?"
She handed a bowl to Aurora and set the other bowl on the coffee table.
"I need a drink," Aurora said. She started to get up.
"You sit. I'll get it. What do you want?" Willow asked.
"Water would be great. Thanks."
Willow left the room, but was back a few minutes later with two glasses. One water for Aurora and and tea for herself. She handed the water to Aurora and sat down on the floor in front of Aurora.
"Willow there is plenty of room on the couch. You don't have to sit on the floor." Aurora said.
"I don't mind the floor. I love sitting on the floor."
"You sure?"
"Positive."
"Well at least get some pillows. Here." She said handing her some pillows. Willow put some behind her and sat on one.
"Thanks. Go ahead and start the movie."
Aurora started the movie. The popcorn was between her and Chris. A few times they both reached into the bowl to grab some popcorn at the same time and their hands touched.
At the scene where Captain America, black Widow and Falcon appear to save Wanda and Vision Aurora says, "Widow is such a bad ass!"
Chris looks over at her and laughs.
"Did you really just say that?"
"Yep. You are too. I forgot you had a beard in this."
Chris looks at her, "I had to have it for the movie."
"Well I'm glad you don't anymore. I don't like the beard Cap."
Chris laughs. "You don't? Why?"
"I just think you look better without one."
"Mmm. So tomorrow. I was thinking of picking you up around noon. Is that okay?"
"Sure. Sounds good."
Chris smiles.
They continue the movie. They have finished their popcorn and Chris puts the bowl on the coffee table. Aurora starts to fall asleep when Thor, Rocket and Grout are heading to get Thor's hammer, but Chris pokes her and wakes her.
"Nope not going to sleep remember."
"I'm not going to sleep."
"Uh huh sure."
When the end comes Aurora cries, Chris looks over and sees her.
"Hey it's okay." He says putting an arm around her.
"I forgot this was sad."
"Wait till you see the next one."
Aurora yawns.
"It's is pretty late. I should get going." Chris moves and takes his arm from around Aurora.
"Oh no! I forgot to put the clothes in the dryer!"
"It's okay. I can get them later."
"But what about your pants? You don't want to wear those." She points to the pj pants.
"I am going straight home. It will be okay."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. It will be okay. I promise."
"Alright. I will get them dried and have them for you tomorrow."
"It's really not a big deal."
Chris stands up.
"Well thanks for today Chris. I had fun."
"Me too."
"I look forward to tomorrow."
Chris smiles. "Me too. Goodnight beautiful." He leans in and kisses her cheek.
Chris looks back just as he opens the door, "Sweet dreams."
"Goodnight." Aurora says.
After he is gone Willow looks at Aurora.
"Girl, he likes you! He so likes you!"
"That is the first time he has kissed my cheek."
"That was sweet."
"He is so sweet. I can't wait till tomorrow."
"Let's go pick out your outfit."
Willow stand up.
"What! No. I don't want to dress up. I will be walking around the zoo."
"You don't have to dress up, but let's make you look nice."
Willow grabs her hand and takes her to the bedroom.
"Let's see, ooo this." She pulls out a blue sweater with black leggings "And how about you wear your black flats with them."
"I can do that. Those are comfortable."
"I will help you with your hair and make up tomorrow."
"What! Really?"
"Yes. I won't go over board I promise."
"Fine. I'm going to go put the clothes in the dryer."
After putting the clothes in the dryer Aurora got ready for bed.
"I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight Willow."
"Goodnight. Just wake me up when your ready."
"Will do."
Aurora climbed in bed and was soon asleep.