Chapter 7

Finally updating! Sorry it took so long guys! It's been crazy and I got stuck and couldn't write! I will try do better! Don't forget to like the chapter! I would love your comments. I am all for suggestions. Thanks! Happy reading!

The next morning Aurora gets up and gets ready. She had woken up a little late. She went to the kitchen. Willow was not in the kitchen like she normally was. I guess she isn't up yet.
Aurora fixes her breakfast and eats. She had just finished her coffee and is fixing to go brush her teeth when Willow walks in.
"Oh hey. Did you sleep in?"
"A little. I was tired. Are you fixing to leave?"
"Yes. As soon as I brush my teeth."
"Well good luck."
"Thanks. I'm nervous."
"It will be fine."
Aurora brushes her teeth then grabs her stuff.
"Alright I'm leaving. I'll see you later."
"Okay. What time will you be home?"
"No idea. It might be late."
"Alright. Well good luck."
"Thanks."
Aurora leaves her apartment and walks to the studio. She walks in and sees Chris and Scott talking. Scott looks up and sees her and motions for her to come over.
She slowly makes her way toward them.
"Good morning Aurora," Scott says
"Good morning."
"I was just telling Chris the plan for today. We will talk about the script a little, but also get to know each other a little. Sound good?"
"Yes," was all Aurora could say.
"Good. I know how hard it can be working with someone you don't know much about, so I don't want to throw you both in character and not really know each other. I know how important that is."
"Yes it is," Chris says.
"I will be back and we will discuss the script."
Aurora watched Scott walk away. She was left alone with Chris. It was noisy in the studio, but all she could hear was the pounding of her heart as it beat rapidly against her chest. Her palms were getting sweaty. There was an awkward silence, but she didn't know what to say. The finally Chris spoke.
"So, how long have you been acting?"
"Not long. I acted in college."
"So this is your first movie role?"
"Yes."
"Wow, well that's great! How long have you lived here?"
"A few months. I moved after I graduated."
"Where did you go to school?"
"Juilliard."
"Wow. That's a great school."
"Yes. Where did you go?"
"Lee Strasberg. Theatre and Film Institute."
"I have never heard of it."
"It's in New York."
"Cool."
Scott walked back to them.
"Chris, would you be willing to sing the song She's like the wind?"
"Me sing?"
"Only if your comfortable."
"I don't wike it, but ok."
Scott looked at him funny raising one eye brow.
"What?"
"Sorry, I got that from my nephew and find myself saying it at times." He laughs. "I will sing it, but it might not sound that great."
"It's okay. We will start filming next week. Did you have any questions about the script?"
"I don't right now," Chris says.
Scott looks at Aurora.
"Do you?"
"Do I need to go ahead and start memorizing my lines?"
"Yes. We will be starting with the opening scene next week and will probably get to where Baby says she can do the dance."
"Alright."
"If you want to go over some of your script now you can. I will be back."
Scott leaves once again. As soon as he leaves Aurora's phone goes off and it the Robin Hood theme opening song. She looks at it, but turns it off.
Chris laughs "I love your ring tone."
"Thanks. That's my brother's favorite Disney movie, so I set that as his ring tone."
"That's my favorite too."
"Really?"
"Yes. I love Disney."
"I do too. My favorites are Lady and the Tramp and Sleeping Beauty."
"Cool. My family goes to Disney just about every year."
"Oh cool. I have only been twice, but never to Disney land only Disney World."
"Oh really? You should go sometime. It's a lot of fun. In fact, maybe we could go sometime."
Did Chris Evans just invite me to go to Disneyland with him? Oh my gosh!
"Umm sure."
"That's only if you want. I know we just met. So..."
She laughs a little. "Yeah. I would like to get to know you a little better first, but that would be fun."
Chris smiles. "Did you know want to read over the script any? I can help you with your lines."
"Sure."
Chris and Aurora read over the lines for a few minutes. Aurora is nervous and messes up a several times.
"I'm sorry I keep messing up."
"It's okay. You will get there. You have to keep practicing. You're a good actress. You really get into your character which is good."
Aurora smiles. "Thanks."
Scott walks back over. "How's it going?"
"Good. Aurora is getting the hang of it. She's really getting into her character."
Scott smiles "Good. You getting to know each other?"
"Yes a little." Aurora says.
"Good. It's 12:30. If you want to be finished that's fine. We can meet back tomorrow if you have questions or want to go over the scrip any."
"What time?" Aurora asks.
"10 am."
"Alright. Do you want me to head to the bar now?"
"Sure. If you want to eat first you can."
"Okay."
"I will be there later on. I have some things I need to take care of first."
"Alright. See you later."
Scott walks off once more for the last time.
"Would you like to get something to eat before you head to work?" Chris asks
"Umm sure," go out with Chris? Wow, would everyone be starting at me or us?
"I know a great place that won't have many people."
"Sure."
"You can follow me if you want or you can ride with me."
"I walked here so..."
"You did!"
"Yes. I don't live far."
"Oh. Well why don't you ride with me then. Is that okay?"
"Sure."
"I'm parked out back."
They walked to the back of the studio and Chris stopped at a 67 blue gray Camaro.
"Wow, nice car!"
"Thanks." Chris opens the door for her.
"Hop in."
After she's in Chris climbs in and drives off. He takes it kind of slow. He doesn't want to scare her. It doesn't take them long to reach the restaurant. Chris parallel parks then hops out and gets Aurora's door, then opens the restaurant door.
"After you," Chris says smiling.
"Thanks."
They find a table in a corner and a waitress comes over.
"Good afternoon. I am Melody and I will be your server. Can I get you a drink?"
Chris looks at Aurora.
"A water please."
"Same for me."
"I will be right back with that."
She leaves and it's quiet for several minutes. Aurora doesn't know what to say.
"So, you work at a bar?" Chris asks breaking the silence.
"Yes. I am a bartender. I am supposed to be getting my license soon."
"Cool. How long have you worked there?"
"About a few months I think. I lost track." She laughs.
"It's Scott's bar?"
"Yes. He hired me. That's how we met. He found out I wanted to go into acting so he told me to try out for his movie."
"Oh okay. Do you like working there?"
"Yes. I love it! I needed a job to help pay rent for an apartment so it's only temporary, well at first it was but I know I would hate to give it up. I know I will have to though when we get busy acting."
"Maybe you can work something out and you won't have to quit."
"I hope so, but I know I won't be able to stay there forever and act too. Acting is my dream."
"True. It's good your going after your dream. I believe that's important."
Aurora smiles. The waitress comes back with their waters.
"Are you ready to order?"
Chris looks at Aurora, "do you know what you want?"
"I think so."
"Go ahead."
"I'll just have the chicken tenders and fries."
"What kind of sauce?"
"Honey mustard."
"And you?"
"Bacon cheeseburger and fries."
"lettuce, tomato, onion?"
"Yes."
"Alright. I will put that in for you."
She left. Chris takes his lemon and squeezes it into his water then puts it in and moves it around with his straw.
"You like lemons?"
"Yes. They are good for you. Do you not like them?"
"No. Would you like my lemon?"
"Sure. Thanks."
He takes her lemon and squeezes it and puts in his water.
"I like just plain water," she says taking a sip.
"I like a little flavor in mine."
"I like flavored eater, just not lemons."
"So you don't like lemonade?"
"No. It's usually too sour for me."
"Really? You need to try good lemonade then. There is this place that has the best lemonade ever! It's not sour at all. I will take you sometime."
Aurora laughs. "Alright."
"What are your hobbies?" Chris asks.
"I love to read. I write a little but not much."
"What do you like to read?"
"Mystery, romance and classics."
"I love a good mystery myself. Who is your favorite author?"
"I love James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks."
"James Patterson is good. I like Nicholas Sparks movies. I've never read his books."
"They are a lot better than the movies."
"Books normally are better than the movies. You said you write a little. What do you write?"
"Mostly stories. I have written a few poems but they aren't any good."
"You never know. They might be. I'm sure they aren't all that bad. What kind of stories do you write?"
"Love stories and mystery."
"Cool. Do you want to get published?"
"Maybe one day but I mainly just write for fun."
"What types of movies do you like?"
Aurora laughs. "Well romance obviously. But I love action movies as well. I actually love your movies."
Chris laughs. "All of them?"
"Well out of the ones I have seen. Your Captain America ones and Avengers and the other one you were in umm. I can't remember the name of it right now."
"What was it about?"
"Your niece who lived with you who I guess you would call special. She was very smart."
"Oh that one, Gifted."
"That's it! I loved that one."
Chris smiles again.
"Well thanks. That was a good one. So you've seen all the Captain America movies?"
"Yes. I actually fell asleep during the last Avengers movie."
"Was it that bad?" He laughs.
"No I was tired. It was late when I saw it. We missed seeing it in the theater and rented it."
"We?"
"My best friend and I. She is also my roommate. She's a huge fan of yours."
"I see," he smiles. "You know we are working another one right?"
"Yes I did read that. When does it come out?"
"In a few months. In April. You should come by sometime while we are filming. I could introduce you to the gang."
"Really?"
"Sure. Anytime you want. We film just about every day."
"Okay I will try sometime."
The waitress brought their food.
"Anything else I can get you?"
"No I think we are good. Thanks."
They ate their food mostly in silence.
"These fries are good."
"I love their fries. They have great burgers too."
"I almost got that but I wanted chicken tenders. Maybe next time."
"Would you like to try a bite? It's good."
"That's okay. Thanks. I will get one some time." She smiles.
They finished eating and the waitress came back with the bill. "Any dessert?"
"None for me thanks," Chris says.
"Me either. I'm full."
"Alright well here is your bill. Just let me know when your ready."
Then she leaves. Chris takes it. Aurora takes out her wallet.
"How much is mine?"
"I got it. It's okay."
"I can pay for mine."
"Don't worry about it. It's on me."
"But I...."
"I'm old fashion. I never let the girl pay, but I'll let you pay next time how about that?"
Aurora laughs. "Fine."
Chris leaves the money and a tip and they walk to his car.
"Thanks for lunch. I guess I will see you tomorrow."
"I can drive you to the bar."
"I don't mind the walking."
"You don't want to walk that far. Come on hop in."
Aurora sigh, smiles and climbs in. Chris closes her door then climbs in the drivers side.
He pulls up in front of the bar.
"Thanks again."
"Your welcome. Do you want me to come back and give you a ride home?"
"No thanks. It will be really late and I hate to ask you to do that."
"You didn't ask. I offered."
"No it's okay. I don't mind walking."
"It will be dark. You don't..."
"I do it all the time. It's not a big deal really."
"What time do you get off? Come on tell me."
"Usually it's 12 am sometimes I stay later and help them close."
"Okay. Hand me your phone."
"Why?"
"So I can put my number in it and you can text me when your ready to leave."
"Chris it's okay. I can..."
"I won't take no for an answer. Come on."
Aurora handed him her phone. He put his number in and sent himself a message. His phone went off. He handed it back to her.
"Just text me and I will come get you."
"Okay thanks. But you know you really don't have to do this."
"I don't mind at all. I hate for you to have to walk."
Aurora climbs out. "Thanks again. I will try not to make it too late."
"If it is it's okay. Don't worry about it. If I don't answer give me a call. Sometimes I don't hear a text message but I would hear a phone call."
"Okay will do."
Aurora climbs out of the car and starts toward the door. She looks back and Chris waves as he drives off. She heads inside and puts her stuff up and starts her shift.
Please let me know what you think of this chapter. I struggled to write it at first but I finally was able to write and couldn't stop lol! I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please like and comment!
I will will try and post another chapter as soon as I can hopefully Friday or this weekend.