Chapter 4

The next few weeks went by fast. Aurora was loving her job. She saw Scott most every day. There were a few days she didn't, but when he was there he checked on her and always complemented her on her work. She was making great tips. One day she came home with $100
One Friday Aurora arrives at work and Scott is cleaning off a table. He looks up when he sees Aurora.
"Aurora," he called.
"Yes."
"Can I talk to you for a second?"
"Sure."
She walks toward him.
"I have been watching you these last few weeks and you are very good. I would like to help you get your bar license."
"Oh, well that's nice of you, but I can't ask you to do that."
"You didn't ask, I'm offering."
"Thanks, but I don't want to do that right now."
"Well if you change your mind, my offer still stands."
"Thanks. I appreciate that."
When Aurora gets home after her shift, Willow is sitting at the table.
"Willow."
"Oh hey. I didn't hear you come in."
"You won't believe what happened today!"
"Scott asked you out?"
"No. He offered to help me get my bar license. Said he has been watching me, saying how good I am."
"What did you say?"
"I thanked him, but said no."
"What! Why?"
"I don't want him paying for it. I want to do it on my own."
"But..I can't believe you would say no. He is being nice by saying he will help you. You should take his offer."
"I can't. It wouldn't be right."
"Aurora you..."
"No. If I get it, I want to do it on my own."
"Don't be stubborn! You..."
"No Willow! I want to do this on my own! I don't want help."
"I can't believe you. If I was you I would take his offer."
"Well you're not me!"
Aurora leaves and goes to her room and closes the door.
Scott's POV
Scott couldn't believe that Aurora had turned down his offer to help her. He knew she would do well in bar school and that she had said she couldn't afford it, so he wanted to help her. But she has said no. He only hoped she would change her mind and take him up in his offer.

A few months go by and Willow still tries to get Aurora to take Scott up on his offer to help her get her bar license. She knows Aurora wants to get it and how long it would take her to get the money on her own.
"Aurora, I understand the you want to get it in your own. I do, I get it, but Scott has offered to help you. Think how long it would take you to get the money on your own. Take his offer and you could get it sooner. I know you want to get it. You would do well and didn't he tell you, your pay would increase if you got your license?"
"Yes he did, but I just can't. That's a lot of money and..."
"You're talking about Scott Eastwood! He has the money. It's not like he doesn't have the money. Money is not a big deal to him. Go for it! Let him help you. I think he likes you by the way," she smiles.
"You do?"
"Yep. Go for it! Take his offer."
"Fine, I will think about it. Alright?"
"Okay, that's fair."
"I have to get to work. I will see you later."
"Okay, have a good day," she smiles.
Aurora was still working 2 pm to 12 am. As she walks to work she thinks about Scott's offer. She knew Willow was right. She should take it, but she wants to do it on her own. She has always been that way, didn't like getting help. She liked being able to do things on her own, but in this case Willow was right. It would take her a long time to raise the money on her own. It could take her a year or two before she could raise the money to go to bar school on her own. If she took his offer and for her license sooner she could make more money. Maybe she should take his offer and go to bar school. She could always pay him back after she saved up some money, yes, that's what she would do.
She walks in the bar and Scott is behind the bar drying a glass. She walks behind the bar towards him.
"Scott."
"Aurora, good afternoon. How are you?"
"I'm okay. May I talk to you for a minute?"
"Sure, what's up?"
"I accept your offer."
Scott stops drying the glass and looks into her deep blue eyes.
"Did I hear you say you accept my offer?"
"Yes, but I plan to pay you back."
"Oh, you don't have to worry about that."
"No, I want to pay you back after I get it."
Scott smiles, "Well we can work something out. I will help you set everything up."
"How long will it take?"
"Probably about three months."
"Okay thanks."
"You're welcome."
Aurora starts work and works hard for the next few hours. When Scott comes up to her and tells her to take a break. She can't believe she has already worked 5 hours.
"Aurora, take a break. I will cover till you get back."
"Thanks."
Scott smiles. She leaves the bar and heads to the beach and walks. She has accepted his offer to help her get her bar license. He has said it would only take her about 3 months. That isn't long. She hopes she is doing the right thing. She grabs a quick bite to eat at the diner then heads back to work.
When her shift ends Scott comes up to her, "I will see you tomorrow. I will make some calls and let you know when I have everything set up."
"Thanks again."
"Your welcome," he smiles
Aurora leaves work and walks home. Willow wasn't home yet. She got a quick shower then sits on the couch and reads her book till Willow comes home. Willow for arrives about 2 am
"Hey girl!" Aurora says looking up from her book.
"Hey."
"You look tired."
"It was a busy day. How was your day?"
"It was good. I took his offer."
"You did!"
"Yes. I told him I would let him help me, but that I planed to pay him back."
"You didn't!"
"I did. I told him once I got it I would pay him back. He said I didn't have to worry about that, but I insisted and he said we could work something out."
Willow smiles, "well I'm glad you finally took his offer."
"He said he will get everything set up for me. He said it would take about 3 months."
"That's not long."
"Nope."
"Well good. I know you will be glad you decided to get help."
The days flew by and Aurora continues to work hard. She is always on time and sometimes even stays late to help clean up. One Saturday Aurora is helping clean up; Scott comes up to her.
"I got everything set up for you. You can start your class Monday. You can do it all online."
"Oh, thanks."
"You do have a computer right?"
"Yes I do."
"Alright, if you have any questions or need any help just let me know."
"I will thanks."
"You can have tomorrow off."
"Really?"
"Yes, you have done so well and worked so hard. You deserve it. I'll see you Monday at 2."
"Okay thanks."
Aurora grabs her stuff.
"Aurora."
"Yes?"
"Here is everything you need to get online." He hands her a piece of paper.
"Thanks."
"Your welcome. Don't hesitate to text me if you have any questions. My number is written on there."
Aurora smiles, "Okay thanks."
Aurora leaves work and walks home. Scott has given her his number. His personal number. He had told her to text him if she has questions. She couldn't believe it. How had she gotten so lucky? If she has been told that she would have gotten a job at Scott Eastwood's bar, that he would offer to help her get her bar license and that he would give her his number, she would have never believed them. She just couldn't believe where her life was heading in just a few short months of moving to San Diego, California. One day she would be able to try out for a part and start her way to getting a career in acting.
"Willow!" She calls as soon as she walks in the door.
She runs into the room. "Aurora! What's up? Is everything okay?"
"I start my class Monday online!"
"That's great!"
"He gave me his number and said if I had any questions or need any help just message him."
"Wow."
"I know! I have Scott Eastwood's number! His actual number!"
Willow smiles.
"He gave me tomorrow off too. He said I had done so well and worked so hard that I deserved a day off."
"Oh wow, sounds like things are really going well."
"Yep."
Willow smiles again, "well I am heading to bed. I guess I'll see you in the morning."
"Okay goodnight."
Aurora Got herself ready for bed then climbed in. She was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. She hadn't realized just how tired she was. She awoke the next morning to her phone. She looked at the time it was 12. She looked over and saw she had a text. She didn't recognize the number.
Hey Aurora this is Scott I wanted to let you know I won't be around for a few days maybe a week I'll be traveling, but if you need anything please just message me!
"Scott Eastwood just sent me a text!" She screamed out loud. "OMG!"
Willow ran into the room.
"Aurora what's going on? I just heard you scream."
"Scott just texted me."
"What?"
Aurora shows her the message.
"Wow. You should answer him."
"What do I say?"
"Tell him okay and thanks, maybe that you hope he has a nice trip."
"Okay. I can't believe he texted me."
Willow smiles, "I bet, you don't know how lucky you are."
"I think I do," she smiles.
Aurora picks up her phone and answers his message.
Hey, thanks. I will. Hope you have a nice trip.
"What do you think?" She asks showing the message to Willow.
"Sounds good. Send it."
Aurora hits the send the button.
"I am going to get ready for for work. Let me know if he answers you back."
"Okay I will."
Aurora gets up and grabs her some clothes and heads to the bathroom she takes a quick shower then head to the kitchen. Willow is fixing a bowl of cereal.
"Has he answered you back yet?" She asks looking up.
"No, not yet."
Aurora starts pouring cereal in her bowl when she hears her phone. She picks it up off the counter and sees a text from Scott.
"He answered!"
"What does it say?"
You're welcome and thanks. It should be good, but busy! I look forward to hearing how everything went when I get back
"What do I say back?"
"Just put a smiley face."
"That's all?"
"Yeah."
"Alright."
Aurora sent Scott a smiley face back.
Aurora started her cereal and her phone went off again.
"Did he say something back?"
Aurora looks down at her phone.
"He sent a smiley face back."
The girls smile.
"Well I need to get to work. I will see you tonight."
"Alright. Hope you have a good day."
"You too."
Willow leaves and Aurora cleans up the kitchen. She grabs her book and reads for several hours. The day goes by fast. Aurora can't seem to stop thinking about Scott. She still can't believe he actually sent her a message. That night her and Willow watch some TV before they both turn in for the night. Aurora is not excited about work as she normally is, since Scott won't be there. She will miss seeing him at work.
Monday goes by slowly for Aurora. She spends the day working on her online class. She learns a lot just from the first class. She enjoys learning about the drinks. She has no trouble at all. Work goes by slowly as well.
That night she leaves work around 1 am. She stayed to help clean up a little before she left. When she arrives home Willow has already gone to bed. She gets ready for bed and climbs in and is almost a asleep when she hears her phone. Who could be messaging her this early? She looks at her phone on her beside table.
Hey hope your not asleep yet. Hope everything has gone okay. Thought I would check and see how everything went with the class and how was work today?
It was Scott!
No I wasn't not yet, but almost and it went good. Loved the class, work was good. Busy. I am tired.

I'm sorry, there is a time difference here so I didn't realize at first what time it was till I sent the message. But glad you liked it, but get some sleep we can chat later.

😊 thanks. Goodnight, well good morning at least for me.

Goodnight Aurora, sleep well. 😊

Aurora went to sleep smiling. She had gotten another message from Scott and he had told her to sleep well. She was talking to him!

The next few days went by slowly. Aurora did her class everyday online. She was anxious for the week to be over, maybe it was because she wanted to see Scott again. Could she actually miss him? She missed having him around. She missed seeing him at work. Was she having feelings for him? No that was crazy they had barley spent any time together. They had never seen each other outside of work, not really anyway.
The following week Aurora woke up late and was almost late for work, but arrived right on time. She smiles when she sees Scott at the bar cleaning off the counter.
"Thee you are. I was starting to worry. You're always early."
"Sorry, I almost over slept."
"Until 2 pm?"
"I was really tied."
Scott smiles, "long night?"
"A little. I won't lie it's been rough with taking the online class and working here, but I am loving it, so I'm not complaining."
"I understand completely. So it's going well then? No problems with the class?"
"Nope. I have my first test tomorrow and I am a little nervous."
"I'm sure you will do fine."
Aurora smiles and starts working. She likes having Scott back at work. She knows he won't always be there that he stays busy, but at least he isn't traveling right now so she has more of change of seeing him more.
The next few months flew by and Aurora was almost done with her class. She can't wait till she gets her license.
One Friday she arrives at work a few minutes early. She doesn't see Scott at first. She puts her stuff away and starts wiping down the counter. Time flies and it has been two hours, she is cleaning a glass when Scott walks in. She smiles.
"Good afternoon Aurora."
"Hey."
"How is everything going?"
"Great. Hasn't been too busy."
"Good. You get your license soon don't know?"
"I think the end of this month."
"Great! Are you excited?"
"Yes, very much."
Scott then looks at her with a puzzled look.
"What's wrong?"
"I'm just looking at your shirt."
"What's wrong? Did I spill something on it?" She asks looking down at it.
"No. I didn't know you liked theater."
"Oh. Well I..." Is she ready to tell him she majored in theater in college? This is Scott Eastwood!
"Yes I do, I love theater."
"What really? Why didn't you tell me that in your interview?"
"Umm I don't know. It just didn't come up."
"So are you wanting to get into acting?"
"Yes, some day, but getting a part will be hard."
"Were you in many plays I college?"
"Oh lots! I loved it!"
"Mmm well maybe..."
Before Scott could say more someone called her
"Hey miss, can I get a drink?"
"Oh, yes sorry."
"We can talk later, Scott says smiling.
Aurora gives the man the drink and continues to work. Before she knows it, her shift is over. She is cleaning the counter and helping to close up the bar, Scott comes up to her.
"Aurora, I am working on a movie and I was wondering, thinking, would you like to try out for a part in it?"
"Your directing?"
"Well sort of. It's my first one. So I don't know how it will go, but we will see."
"What movie is it?"
"It's a remake of Dirty Dancing."
"Dirty Dancing! I love that movie!"
Scott smiles, "well would like to try out for it?"
"Sure! I mean yes."
"Alright well come to the studio. That is where auditions will be held. They start tomorrow at 10 am."
"Okay, I will be there thanks."
"Welcome, I'll see you tomorrow," Scott smiles.