Chapter 52

Chapter 52

Nicole’s POV

As the weeks started to go by, so did my anticipation with mid terms. I was cramming in study sessions with my friends and Harry as well as working on the last minutes homework that teachers were assigning us. I was relieved knowing that break was getting closer, it was slowly getting closer, but it was still almost time for those two weeks off and no more stressing tests until finals, which would probably be even worse.

Usually around this time I would already be positive of how I would be spending the upcoming weeks off, but now I wasn’t so sure what I would be doing. Harry and I have gotten impeccably closer than I would’ve ever imagined and I didn’t feel like I could know what I would be doing over the break until he knew what he was going to do for the break.

He told me that he may be visiting his mom for the majority of the first week of break but he wasn’t sure yet. I wanted to believe that he was going to follow through with that and spend some time with his family, but I also wasn’t sure if he was going to because he hadn’t made his plan set in stone yet. Him going to visit his family would probably give me the extra push I needed to actually go see my family too because I knew that I needed to.

Imagining a whole week away from Harry wasn’t something I was going to be accustomed to. I wished Harry would just make up his damn mind and tell me what he was going to be. I was just going to assume that he’s going to his mom’s house. Even if he wasn’t I was going to try my best to make him. As much as I wanted to stay here and keep Harry with me and spend time with him, he needed to spend time with his family, and so did I.

I was giddy as I walked out of my last class of the morning because I was going to get to go to the coffee shop and see Harry. I didn’t see him this morning when I was walking to class so I didn’t get to talk to him then. He ended up coming to class just a second from being late so I didn’t get to talk to him before class started either.

The only time I’ve gotten to speak to him today was as we were walking to English class and those few minutes before it started. I honestly felt like I hadn’t seen him all day though so I was happy that I would be able to talk to him with no distractions for the next forty-five minutes until lunch was over.

When I walked into the coffee shop, I was surprised to see that Harry was already there because lately I had been getting there before him. I greeted him before setting my things down and heading over to buy a sandwich and drink from the barista.

“I already got your food,” he said to me as he slid a container and drink over to my side of the table.

I sat back down and looked to see that he had indeed ordered my food already, getting the correct sandwich and drink that I got almost everyday.

“Thanks,” I said, surprise evident in my voice that he had thought to do that for me.

“Sorry I wasn’t able to walk to class with you this morning,” he told me, and I honestly didn’t think he was going to mention that or apologize for it because he didn’t even need to; it wasn’t even a big deal.

“It’s fine, why were you do late?” I asked him casually as I took a sip of my drink.

“I was on the phone with my mom,” he said.

“Really?” I questioned as I set my drink back down on the table and he nodded.

“What were you talking about?” I asked.

I knew it was probably none of my business and normally I wouldn’t ask, but I really wanted to know if they had discussed Christmas break or not. “Just school, and about break,” he said.

“So what are you planning on doing for the two weeks off?” I asked him.

“I think my mom and I agreed I would stay with her for the first week and then come back the second week,” he told me.

“That’s usually what most people do,” I told him.

“Why? I thought people would want to stay at home as long as they could after all this mid term stress and shit,” he said.

“Well yeah, but most of them come back for the New Year’s party that is usually held here instead of staying with their parents for that holiday,” I told him.

“A New Year’s party here? I honesty don’t see the difference of them staying with their parents or coming to a party here,” he joked.

“Okay I know you thought the last few parties were lame but the New Year’s one is actually kind of fun. They have in the auditorium instead of in a dorm lounge, and they let people up on the roof of the building for the countdown,” I told him and he just shrugged.

“So will I be able to spend this so called not lame party with you?” he asked me.

“Probably,” I told him.

“So what are your plans for this break that just can’t seem to come fast enough?” he asked me causing me to giggle a bit.

“Same as you most likely, I’m probably going to go home for the first week and come back the second,” I said.

“So if we’re not going to see each other for Christmas, when I give you your present?” he asked me.

“Present?” I questioned and he nodded.

I never even thought about that, I don’t even have any presents to give to my family. I never know what gifts to get for anyone. Normally when it came to my family I would just buy them a gift card or something but I didn’t feel like I could just give Harry a gift care, that’s not special enough.

“I guess you can give it to me before I leave, or after, you could always just mail it to me,” I suggested.

“I’m not going to mail you a Christmas present while you’re away. That defeats the purpose of giving it to you face to face,” he replied, making me roll my eyes.

“Well you can always not give me one?” I suggested as a joke to him but I was secretly wishing he would agree to it.

“It’s Christmas, there’s no way I’m not going to get you a gift,” he responded just like I thought he would.

“So are you going to ask me what I want for Christmas?” I asked him.

“Nope,” he answered.

“Why not? You could end up getting me something I hate,” I told him.

“That won’t happen, I already know what I’m going to get you and I know you aren’t going to hate it. And even if you do hate I know you’ll pretend to like it to spare my feelings,” he told me and he was right.

It bothered me that he already seemed to know the perfect gift to get me with even having to ask what I wanted and I had no damn clue where to even begin to have an idea for what to get him.

“What do you want for Christmas?” I asked him, feeling like a bitch for not knowing what to get him but I didn’t see any other option for me other than to just ask him. “I don’t know, I’ll love anything you get me,” he said and I managed to give him a smile even though I wanted to give him a scowl for making this even harder for me.

“Well enough Christmas talk, I have a Calculus test soon and I need your help big time,” he told me as he pulled out some of his messy notes.

I tried to help him study, but my thoughts just kept drifting back to this whole gift thing. I honestly shouldn’t be stressing myself out about it as much as I am because I already have mid terms to worry about but I couldn’t help it. I just wish I knew what he got me to help me narrow down options price wise.

Unfortunately though I was on my own for this. I’ve always known what to get for my friends because they told me what they wanted and my family was always fine with gift cards so this was just a bit different. I kept assuring myself that I would find a gift for him; I just needed to go to shopping or something and look around.

Once I finally got my mind off that I was able to help Harry with the other situation that was causing stress in my mind.