Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Nicole’s POV

“Where are we going?” I asked Harry as we walked off the campus.

“I thought I told you not to ask me that,” he said.

“Well I wasn’t going to, but that fact that we are walking in the opposite direction of the bus stop,” I said.

“Don’t question it,” he told me and grabbed my hand as he continued to walk.

We seemed to be walking out of the suburb area that the academy was located in, but not completely in a rural area. I still was confused as to where we were going and I really wanted to know where we were going and as much as I wanted to ask again, I knew it would be pointless to right now because he wasn’t going to tell me. I also didn’t get why he was starting this date early, I mean usually it would be later and actually at night that I would’ve expected him to take me out.

About fifteen more minutes of walking, Harry finally stopped in a barren area on the edge of what seemed to be a cliff. Rocks crunched beneath my tennis shoes as I hesitantly followed Harry to the to the end of the cliff and watched as he sat down. He patted the ground next to him as to motion for me to sit next to him.

“You aren’t going to fall if that’s what you’re worried about,” he told me.

I went ahead and sat down next to him, hanging my feet off the edge just as he did.

“Why are we here?” I asked him, trying not to sound rude, but I was just curious.

“I don’t know, I had been planning on going to dinner or something, but I figured that this was different, I guess. Did you want to do something else?” he asked.

“No, this is fine, I was just wondering,” I told him.

I looked down from the cliff and from the height up that we were up I could see parts of the city from a distance.

“How did you find this place?” I asked as I turned back to face him.

“Just from walking around when I skipped classes one day,” he admitted shamelessly.

“Classes? How many did you skip?” I asked, a bit shocked at the idea of skipping class at all, especially more than one, but I knew that he didn’t care.

“Maybe three…or all of them,” he trailed off with a laugh.

“All of them? Seriously?”

He just shrugged and continued to look at the city below us as stretched his hands out behind him to lean back a bit. As it began to get later, the sun began to set, setting the perfect backdrop to the city below us.

“It looks so pretty,” I said as I continued to look at the sunset.

A few moments passed and Harry sat back up and put his hands in his lap and fumbled with his fingers.

“Um…” he trailed off,

“So do you, you know?” he said.

I looked away from him, my cheeks heating up.

“I don’t know if I’ve ever told you that before,” he said to me.

“You haven’t,” I stated.

“Well, you are…pretty,” he said.

I laughed a bit as his awkward tone of speaking right now and I leaned back a bit on my hands just as he had done earlier. As a gust of wind came, I moved my hands to pull my jacket closer to my body.

“This is different for you, isn’t it? Saying things like that?” I laughed.

He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair before leaning back on his hands again. I leaned into him to give him a quick peck on his soft lips but just when I was about to lean back again, he reached a hand up to pull me back again and placed his lips back on mine. I giggled against his lips as he kept pecking mine.

Eventually I was feeling a bit confident and changed the pecks he was giving me into one continuous kiss and hesitantly slipped my tongue to his mouth.

He hummed from the back of his throat, and I felt warmer as he moved himself closer to me. My hand touched his face gently while he moved his hand just below my ribs. When his hands trailed underneath my t-shirt, I giggled absentmindedly and move in place a bit due to his cold fingers.

“Sorry,” he chuckled and I grinned as moved his hands so he could rub them together in a fast motion.

I put a hand around his neck once he returned to me, his now somewhat warmer hand going under my shirt once again. This time I didn’t giggle but sighed into his mouth. He moved me down so that my back is pressed flat against the ground. His hand pressed flat to my abdomen and he moved it down to my hips before moving his hand back until passing over my bra.

He lowered himself onto me, everything moving fast and hot as his hips pressed down onto mine. My lips disconnect from his as he sighed and I pressed my lips to his jaw as he let more of his weight press onto me, keeping me warm and secure.

“I don’t want to go to far,” I spoke against his skin, saying it out loud so I could also convince myself of it so I could stay under control since it wasn’t always easy to do when I was with him.

He only hummed against my neck in response, not listening to me as his hand fiddled with the waistband of my leggings. I moved my head to bring his attention off my neck and his face came above mine as his fingers slipped under the waistband. I shook my head from beneath moving my hand from around his neck to wrap my fingers around his wrist.

“Why not?” he asked me, his nose nudging mine, making me laugh quietly.

“I don’t want to go to fast,” I reminded him, we just had a conversation about this last week and I wanted him to respect it.

I was still getting used to the things we were doing now and I didn’t want to take it up another level.

“Keep kissing me,” I looked up at him, and he listened, moving his lips against mine as he moved his weight to his other arm, and I realized that he did that so he could roll us over, my body over his.

I start to feel like no he is actually with me, not wanting something from me. One of my hands goes under his shirt, his muscles tensing from my cold hand as I felt his warm skin. He only watches me as I watch my hand trail further up his chest from under his shirt. My ribs are pressed to his, both of us fixed on my actions until I looked up to him.

When he kissed me again, my eyes closed and its not until I heard a loud ringing noise that I jumped off Harry, his hands pulled his shirt down as he sat up. His lips are swollen as he curses under his breath and grabbed the phone out of his pocket.

“Hello?” he said into the phone, and I waited until he finished the call before I said anything.

“Who was it?” I asked curiously.

“Liam telling me that he was invited to go out with Liz and some other people he wouldn’t be back to work on the calculus homework with me,” Harry told me as he shoved his phone back in his pocket.

“Oh,” I said and he nodded as he stood up and wiped off some small rocks and dirt that got stuck to his jeans and I stood up too and did the same.

My stomach soon began to growl loudly and I tried to cover up the noise but it was pointless.

“You hungry?” he asked me.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“I should’ve brought food or something,” he said and sighed in annoyance at himself, “Sorry this wasn’t much of a date,”

“I liked it though, it was different,” I told him.

He just gave me a small smile as he grabbed my hand and we began to walk back in the direction we came from.