Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Nicole’s POV

Harry’s mom left just before lunch the next day. I wished that she could’ve stayed longer because I was really enjoying getting to know her, but she had to get back home since she said she was lucky she got as much time off work as she did so she really couldn’t stay any longer.

“Want to go get some lunch?” Harry asked me after his mom’s car had driven away.

“Sure,” I said and we walked back on to campus and headed to the dining hall.

We’ve pretty much been eating on campus during the break since it was nice to not have to wait at all to get our food. I had been putting off bringing up the situation that was bothering me which was Harry introducing me as his friend to his mom. I really wanted to ask him why he said it, but I always let my nerves get the best of me.

I was worried that I was making to big a deal of this in my mind and if I brought it up Harry would think I was like too needy or crazy or something. I kept assuring myself that it was probably just a slip and he didn’t mean to say it, but I wanted to know for sure. And then the voice in my head would remind me that if it was just a slip that he probably would’ve corrected himself at some point but he didn’t. I felt like I was worrying too much, and I probably was, but that’s what I do, I overthink every situation down to the last detail.

Harry held the door open for me and I stepped into the dining hall with him following me. We headed over to the line where there are already a few teachers and students, who were on campus, standing in line. There were about four or five people in front of us but it was still better than the countless amount of people that were usually in here.

We were in and out of that line in an instant and we walked over to the tables with our trays of food. Harry and I began to talk about his mom and how it was nice that she got to come down and visit even if it wasn’t for very long. I soon began to feel myself zone out a bit as I kept thinking about how I should bring up the topic that I wanted to talk about right now.

Harry and I continued on with conversation as we finished up our lunch and headed out of the dining hall, and I still hadn’t said anything that I wanted to say right now.

“You okay?” Harry asked me as we walked across the campus, and I knew that he noticed my off mood and how I wasn’t fully paying attention to what we were talking about.

“Why didn’t you introduce me as your girlfriend?” I blurted out.

“What?”

“I’m not going to repeat it,” I told him.

“I don’t know, I didn’t really think about it,” he answered.

“You didn’t really think about it? What was there to think about?” I asked, trying to keep myself calm.

“My mom was going to make a big deal out it,” he said.

“I don’t like that you introduced me as your friend, you hardly even said that. You said I was the one who has just been helping you study,” I said.

“I didn’t know you wanted me to introduce you as my girlfriend,” he responded.

“Why would you think that?”

“Oh I don’t know, maybe because you never let me hold your hand or anything while we’re on campus, I’m not allowed to tell anyone about us, you hide our relationship from your friends, shall I continue?” his voice began to raise more and more as he continued to speak.

“I promise that I’ll tell my friends soon, I just need to let them warm up to the idea of you,” I told him.

“I have a girlfriend for the first time in my life and I’m not even allowed to tell anyone,” he said and I couldn’t tell if he was talking to me or just to himself.

“Well at least when I do decide to tell people about us, I won’t say that you’re just my friend who I help with school work,” I snapped at him, “Because according to you, I’m just the girl who helped you with your homework,”

“That’s not just who you are to me, dammit!” he said.

“So who am I to you? The girl who helped you not fail projects? The girl who showed you around the campus?”

“No! Why don’t you just get that you’re the girl that I lov-” he stopped himself,

“Uh like, the girl that I like…a lot,” he said.

I wasn’t sure what to say now, I thought I heard correctly the word that he was about to say, but I didn’t want to admit to myself that that was what he was going to say. He wasn’t going to say it, it’s too soon. That completely silenced our conversation now, but I didn’t think that we were really all that mad with each other now and the argument seemed pointless now.

We continued to walk, I wasn’t quite sure where we were going, I had just been following the direction that Harry has been walking the whole time.

“You’ve never been to my dorm,” he said and I couldn’t really tell if he was stating it or asking it.

Either way he already knew the answer to the question. I wanted to call him out for just changing the subject from what we were previously talking about, but it honestly doesn’t matter right now. Even though it bothered me that we weren’t going to have an actual end to the argument, I felt like it was already settled. Now it was just a bit awkward between us as we tried to forget about it.

Harry’s POV

I grabbed Nicole’s hand as we walked into my dorm building, thankful that our previous conversation had now ended, and I was pretty sure everything was okay now, but I could never know for sure. When we walked into my dorm room, she of course made a comment about how messy it was. I couldn’t really say anything against that though because it was pretty messy.

After a few minutes passed, we went ahead and sat on the couch and talked for a bit. I could feel the slight tension between us still there from the argument we had not very long ago. I was hoping that that was the only reason that things were a bit off; I hoped that she hadn’t heard what I had almost said to her during our argument.

She hadn’t said anything so I wasn’t sure if that was a confirmation for me if she did notice it or not. Our current conversation was beginning to slow and I felt my heart pounding in a still unfamiliar way as her lips caught mine.

“I feel like we’ve switched roles here,” I mumbled against her lips.

She hardly ever makes the first move, it’s usually me. She’s taking control but I’m eager to have it myself. She surrendered to me as I tangled my tongue with hers, leaning into her as she slid up onto my lap. I trailed my hands down her sides, sliding them behind her legs to grip the back of her thighs. I hooked her legs around my waist without breaking the kiss we shared.

She groaned a little against my lips making me sigh against her mouth as I pulled her closer to me. My hands held her legs around me, palms planted on her ass which I could tell she found maybe little uncomfortable. The last time I did this she was drunk so she wasn’t fully aware. So being me, I squeezed her behind and made her break her lips from mine, laughing and shaking her head at me.

“Stop it,” she told me while still laughing.

Right when I’m about to lean in for a kiss again, she caught me off guard by planning her swollen lips to my jaw, pressing apprehensive kisses to the skin there.

When she stopped, I lifted her chin up so she was looking right at me.

“I like you, Nicole,” I muttered and brought my hand down from her chin. “I know you do,” she laughed softly.

“A lot,” I added on.

I wanted to say what I almost said earlier; damn did I want to, but I wasn’t sure of it yet and if she had heard when I almost said it, the fact that she didn’t say anything about it made me worry a bit. “I like you a lot too,” she stated. I pecked her lips, making her smile even more.

“Want to go into the city?” I asked her and she nodded.

“Let’s go then,” I said and we both got up from the couch and she held my hand as we walked out of the room.

*** 

love you :)