Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Nicole’s POV

His words stayed in my head, “Would you like to accompany me to this party?”

What did he mean by that? I guess it really just meant he wanted to go to the party with me. It was stupid that I was over analyzing this, but I was. I mean our acquaintance relationship, friendship or whatever the hell this was has never really left a school related setting. If it were up to me I never would’ve said a word to him, but now if I didn’t it would affect my grade, and I hated that.

I really didn’t want us to leave our always school related reason of meeting up, but I’m not sure I wanted to say no to him. If I went with my friends, I knew I’d probably end up being left out because they’d want to drool over the boys or play truth or dare, which I found childish.

The atmosphere of the party was probably going to be a lot different this year though, everything was different this year. I kept think of ways that I could convince myself that going to the party would be okay. He began by saying since I knew the school so well that I should go with him. So I had been telling myself that he just asked me so he’d have someone to show him where to go. He had his dorm mates for that though, my mind added.

Maybe he wasn’t going to go with his friends for some reason or his friends didn’t want to go. I knew that reason was bullshit though; I’m surprised that Harry was even going to go. I had a feeling that he probably went to a ton of parties back at his old school I knew that they had to be completely different from a party thrown in a dorm lounge with simple snacks and games of truth or dare.

I finally had to come to the conclusion that he actually wanted to go with me, and that I might be the reason he is going. He could just be deciding to go so he could meet other people, but even I couldn’t convince my self to give that reason a second thought. Harry doesn’t give a damn about this school; he doesn’t care if he knows anyone here or not. I was over thinking this way too much and blowing it way out of proportion, but I couldn’t help it, this was just confusing me too much.

Wondering why a boy asked me to go to a party with him should not be that main thing on my mind right now or ever. I shouldn’t be thinking about it at all. It was only the first week of school and already I had let a boy get in my head and stress me out, making me over think things too much. I guess I just kept thinking about why he asked me since I’d never really been asked by a boy to hang out or go anywhere or whatever boys usually asked.

I just didn’t see why Harry seemed so consistent on wanting to hang out with me. It seemed like everywhere I was, there he was too. It was weird that he seemed to have taken an interest in me considering how different we were. Our background, our personality, our overall outlook on life was so different, yet he just wouldn’t leave me alone.

Every time that I would insult him or say something that would normally bother someone else, he was unaffected by. He would always respond with a smirk on his face or a sarcastic comment, usually both. Whatever I would say to him to try and get a negative reaction out of him would only backfire on me.

Any type of judgment I said to him he didn’t show it having any affect on him. Instead he turned it around and sometimes made me feel stupid for saying it because he seemed to have some sort of reason why it wasn’t true, or he would just give me a judgment right back without being too rude about it some how.

He carried himself so well; he always had an answer for everything. He would reply so smoothly, hardly even giving it any thought, he just always knew what point he wanted to get across. He was obviously well known at his old school while as for me it was obvious that not very many people here even knew my name.